Elder Citizen
    Nov 2012

Unhappy Elsword Xtrap Error Issue

I have been playing elsword for quite some time then suddently.. X-Trap Crashes when I launch Elsword Client. I even try going into the Elsword Game and X-Trap still crashes. I've also tried restarting my computer system that didn't work either. I try to advoid turning off my Firewall just to be safe.

Here a printscreen: http://prntscr.com/2ufelw

As the printscreen shows:
    Code Field: 08-0400-00000000-509

Some functions of the operating system has been corrupted. Please, close any program which is affecting game client and restart the system.
    _

I am not sure what to do I really need some suggestions on how to fix this or at least get a contact information to XTRAP so I can be able to play Elsword.

Thank you for your time and reading this post.

Ps: I would really like to play Elsword again!!

Pss: My usual things I do when I go on elsword or before going on it.

*Use CCleaner to clear caches and cookies.
    *Then I use Disk Defrag to speed up my computer
    *Then I close all my programs and start Elsword.
    *Once I do that I open up Task manager to change the Elsword x2.eve Prority to high for less lag.

Feita Knight
    Sep 2013
    Hi, try this: (Skip step 4 if you do not use Steam)

1. Restart your computer.
    2. Reinstall Elsword.
    3. Close all other programs and windows that are open.
    4. Have Steam validate your files. Do so by right clicking on Steam then navigate as follows: Library ->(Right click on Elsword) -> Properties -> Local Files ->Verify Integrity of Game Cache

5. Reinstall Elsword again, but do so in a different path such as desktop.
    6. Update Windows. Search your computer for "Windows Update" then install all available updates for Windows. Be sure to restart your computer afterwards.

7. Navigate to where you installed Elsword. Delete the folder named “XTrap” and run the game again.

8. Make sure your anvivirus is allowing both elsword.exe and x2.exe to run and bypass through your firewall.
    9. If all above fails, we need to look at the processes that normally are not seen. To do so, follow these steps: press CTRL+ATL+DEL -> Start Task Manager -> Processes (its a tab). You can post the screenshot of your processes here if you need help determining which ones to close.

Elder Citizen
    Nov 2012
    I somehow fixed it.

Apparently it was Raptr Application that was interfering with Elsword Xtrap but I rarely use it.

All I did was exit from the application and I never recieved the error code message anymore

Plus I have did the direct download from the elsword website not the stream version of downloading it. But it all been fixed.

I never knew that Raptr could ever cause 3rd parties interferences with xtrap though.

Ruben Villager
    Aug 2011
    it was raptr messing wiht x-trap?

Ruben Villager
    Aug 2011
    teach me how you fix that problem?

Feita Knight
    Sep 2013
    teach me how you fix that problem?
    He simply followed step 3 of my solution:
    " 3. Close all other programs and windows that are open."

Make sure you close all other programs then try running Elsword again.

Ruben Villager
    Jan 2014
    palmdale
    can u help me 2 i did what u said but i need help in the last part

Ruben Villager
    Jan 2014
    How can i fix that error?
    21.png
    Thanks

Ruben Villager
    Feb 2015
    I know this forum was like a year ago, but can someone please help me?Untitled.png

Elsword is fun to play, but I always get frustrated when it says Error blah blah blah!

*Doesn't use Steam*

Please reply soon! I really want to play!

Lanox Oracle
    Sep 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Sorry, but this thread is well over 30 days old, so posting in it is considered a necro which is not allowed! If you're still having this issue you should make a new thread for it.

Locking!