Cobo Service
    Mar 2012
    In America
    There are some I'm sure we wouldn't mind being use though, so it wouldn't be too bad.
    thentotallyrenamesevrything

Velder Noble
    Oct 2012
    thentotallyrenamesevrything
    The concepts aren't too bad, and if its a direct rip the direction they take it wouldn't be too bad either.

Lanox Oracle
    Dec 2013
    @Hecata Revenge Taker. I love it. I always thought bloody revenge suited Raven more than Elesis.

Apparently Sword Taker was called Soul Taker during his development.

The people who wrote the section thought that Soul Taker could have been based on the awakening, since using an awakening potion gives Soul +300. So I decided to make something of Soul Taker. The second job name is (tentatively) Spiritual Transcender.

Um... here I go.

Spoiler:
    Soul Taker

The influence of the Nasod arm grows ever stronger, and Raven finds it harder to resist as the days pass. He is afraid that soon, the arm will completely consume him, and who knows what sort of destruction he would cause then. Luchiel (is that how you spell her name?) is surprisingly able to help him.
    "Maybe you could strengthen your soul, since that's where all the willpower comes from, right? I know! There are some mythical chains hidden somewhere around Wally's Castle that you could use. It's said that it can not only restrain things, but it can make your soul stronger, too, just by equipping it? Well... it's only a legend, so I have no idea whether it's true or not."

Raven, seeing as this is his only choice, goes off to find the chain Luchiel was talking about. He finally finds it, before wrapping the chain around his arm. Almost instantly, he blacks out, and a voice speaks.
    "Finally, you found me. I thought I was almost forgotten."
    "Who are you?"
    "I am the soul within the chain, and call me... Soul. Your rage is immense, and that is exactly what your Nasod arm feeds on. Rage is a powerful source of willpower, but what if you were to use it instead of your arm? I can use it to strengthen your soul, and I can prevent your arm from feeding on it."

"..."
    "Ah, but of course. The consequences. You don't have to pay me anything, since I can't benefit from anything anymore. The risk is... your rage could consume your soul. But if your willpower and soul stands, the power that you can gain is tremendous."
    "Damn it, I don't want to hurt my friends..."
    "That is guaranteed if you do not take this risk; your mind and soul will soon give out. It's either sink or swim."
    "Alright then. I accept."
    "Good... then let's begin."

Raven awakens, feeling even more stronger than before, now no longer having to battle with his arm. Thanks to the chain, he gains the ability to use magic, using his soul and willpower to channel and strengthen the attacks. Because of this, he was dubbed the Soul Taker.

Alright. On to skills. But most importantly...

Awakening

Instead of a Nasod core, Raven now summons spiritual swords that attack with skills and certain combos. There are a maximum of five swords active, and each one does 220% average physical and magical attack, and also ignores defence and red damage (in PvP, it does not ignore red damage, but still ignores defence). When you use a combo that would knock down, a sword will be consumed to catch the opponent. Using skills will launch all of your swords, including actives. Pressing the Memorize key (default key is V) will launch a sword, and it will not launch if no targets are within range, and the swords have hitstun. Swords do not feed MP or awakening charge, and give HP and MP back to Raven when Awakening ends (20MP and 2% HP for each sword remaining).

Soul Limit

Soul Limit is a gauge that is required to use certain skills. You can also use Soul Limit to strengthen skills by mashing the skill key (like Overheat) but if you do not have enough Soul Limit to boost the skill, you will consume HP instead. HP consumed when using Soul Limit to strengthen skills will depend on the Soul Limit cost. Staying idle or using regular combos will restore Soul Limit, with standing idle/sitting restoring the fastest. Upon advancing to Soul Taker, Raven will have a maximum of 300 Soul Limit, and 500 at Spiritual Transcender. Awakening will decrease Soul Limit used to strengthen skills, but will increase HP cost (if applicable). Only Special Actives can be strengthened.

Spiritual Transcender

The rage from Raven continues to strengthen his soul, which he uses to fuel his magical attacks. His rage suddenly goes out of control while fighting the Nasods, causing him to destroy the Altera Core and the Nasod Foundry.
    "Grr... my body's moving on it's own! Soul!" Raven feels his body being pushed past his limit, putting him in extreme agony.
    "I'm trying to suppress your rage, but it's not working... someone needs to subdue you. Only then can I properly analyse you."
    "Soul...!" Eventually Raven blacks out. Upon waking up, he feels relieved that none of his friends have been hurt, but he knows that he can't let that happen again.

"Okay, tell me what's wrong."
    "In simple terms, your soul overloaded."
    "And how am I meant to prevent that from happening again?"
    "We can either increase the amount your soul can take, or we can decrease the amount you put in. The former is the most achievable."
    "How am I meant to do that?"

"Train your body and your mind first. When your rage exploded, it was obvious you couldn't handle much of it." Raven seeks Agatha for help.
    "Just in time, pong! I had an intense training course in mind to beef up some of the Ponggos who want to be warriors, and you can join in, pong."

After the course, Raven talks to Soul again.
    "What do I do now?"
    "Hmm... Now you need another power source to strengthen your soul. I can't give you any answers, though, since I haven't been out of that room you found me in for... centuries."

Raven seeks help from Allegro in Feita.
    "Maybe... maybe Amethyst might hold something. If you... can help me find... anything on him... then I can analyse it..."
    Eventually, the demon is defeated, and Raven returns with a curious looking gem.
    "It... looks like a soul gem... if you could power it somehow... Um... Please bring me some Dark El... I'll try to do something..."
    Finally, Allegro is finished.

"The amount of soul energy in that gem is very powerful, and dark at that. I want to test you again."
    "... What do you want me to do?"
    "Keep unleashing attacks until it hurts too much to continue."
    "You mean, get myself into that condition when my rage overtook me?"
    "I need to see how much you can handle now after training."

Raven passes the test and absorbs the soul gem, becoming even more powerful than before. He can now attack with not only more power, but he can also last longer, too. He also gains the ability to be able to absorb the soul energy of his opponents. For once again exceeding his limits, he was dubbed Spiritual Transcender.

... I realised I wasn't meant to make the story that long. Whoops.

Erm... Combos.

Soul Assault (ZZZZ~Z or XXX~X): For the Z one, Raven does his usual first three Zs before quickly enhancing his blade with a spiritual flame, slashing while moving forward and sending small fire waves forward. The X is a slower, but more powerful version. The last hit knocks down. Can be cancelled using skills.

>>^ZZZZ: Raven does the usual claw swipe before enhancing his blade with the spiritual flame, doing a three slash combo. The last hit knocks down.

>>X~X: Raven lunges forward with his claw before enhancing it with spiritual flame, performing a slashing combo. Can be cancelled with a Z (which makes Raven perform a blade slash, cancelling the combo), skill or continued. Last hit knocks down.

>>ZZZ~Z: After the usual two slashes, Raven enhances his blade and claw with spiritual flame, spinning continuously before ending with a downwards fist blow. Can be cancelled with a skill. Last hit knocks up.

Anyway, on to skills. I just have a random sample of skills here.

Soul Resonance (level 15, Soul Taker, passive): Three bead awakening effect (electric aura) will activate no matter how many beads used, and increase magic and awakening charge by percentage. Also boosts damage multiplier when awakened. The damage multiplier only goes up to 25% with this skill.

Soul Separator (Spiritual Transcender, special active): Releases a burst of energy, separating the soul from the body of all targets hit, allowing you to deal additional damage to that target. Targets also gain a weakened debuff when hit. Weakened debuff is a light decrease in all speeds and a moderate decrease in attack power.

Draining Force (Soul Taker, active): Creates an invisible force that drains the soul energy of targets within range, dealing damage and giving Raven MP and some Soul Limit. Drained MP, Soul Limit and amount of targets increase with level.

Soul Crescendo - Velocity (passive): When attacking, Raven has a 10% chance to get a buff which increases all speeds and attack power by percentage. Can be stacked up to five times. Duration is increased with level, and so is the speed and attack boost. When maxed, 5 seconds in PvP and 10 seconds in PvE. Increase in speeds is 0.5% unnormalized with each stack and attack is 2%.

Soul Crescendo - Fortitude (passive): When attacking, Raven has a 10% chance to get a buff which increases defence, elemental resistance and attack power by percentage. Can be stacked up to five times. Duration is increased with level, and so is the defence, elemental resistance and attack boost. When maxed, 10 seconds in PvP and 15 seconds in PvE. Defence is boosted by 3% for each stack, elemental resistance increased by 20 for each stack, and attack increased by 1% for each stack.

Ceremonial Massacre (Hyper Active): Raven absorbs massive amounts of soul energy from nearby enemies, using the energy to call Soul from the chain. He then enhances both his sword and claw with a more powerful flame. Soul and Raven then slash everything in front of them, before Raven explodes Soul and the remaining spiritual energy. (Soul goes back into the chain) Damage is increased for more targets hit from the soul energy absorption; increase by 5% for each enemy other than the first one up to four extra targets (if you hit only one enemy with the soul absorption, there is no damage increase. If you hit 5, there will be a 20% damage increase. If you hit 7, there will be still a 20% damage increase).

I haven't decided the Soul Limit cost of anything, and that's probably all I'll do for now. If you have actually taken the time to read all of this, I congratulate you.

*edit Made some changes to the skills, added more skills, added some combos, added a HA.

Elder Citizen
    Aug 2012
    Wandering the internet with only the head. Other limbs are somewhere else.
    -look at my fake job- dang it wgat a shame
    But i know fake job is base on your own idea, but now you guys completely change not just the job, but their system too

Lanox Oracle
    Dec 2013
    -look at my fake job- dang it wgat a shame
    But i know fake job is base on your own idea, but now you guys completely change not just the job, but their system too
    Because why not.

Elder Citizen
    Aug 2012
    Wandering the internet with only the head. Other limbs are somewhere else.
    Because why not.
    Then look like it time for my imagination run wild

Sander Chieftain
    Feb 2013
    Behind a Demon Door
    Ah, memory of days when I actually read forums (instead of posting or making an account on them)

https://enforums.elswordonline.com/s...aracter-Lilith
    https://enforums.elswordonline.com/s...haracter-Clear

When people still had imagination.

Sadly, too bad all of these won't come true...

Cobo Service
    Mar 2012
    In America
    Ah, memory of days when I actually read forums (instead of posting or making an account on them)

Uh...The days where i want to gouge my own eyes out

-Looks at dead fan character-

Lanox Oracle
    Dec 2013
    I have my own OC, but she's pretty OP.

I also can't draw, so I can't draw any ideas that I have. I feel pretty sad, actually.

Velder Noble
    Oct 2012

I'm not 100% sure how this was intended, because it can be taken 2 different ways.

Yeah, KoG doesn't care much about these kinds of things, they'd rather keep producing increasingly outrageous characters that are the opposite of what the community wants to see.(people have wanted a bard forever, and they give us a knight and a scientist)