Sander Chieftain
    Jan 2012
    Eve's luxury closet
    info revealed, this is like sharing your weapons to enemies...
    Fendo is really a nice guy (but lolicon)

Feita Knight
    May 2012
    I was discussing stuff related to this in another thread and with Glave the other day. These are good findings and make me feel a little better about the hundreds of millions I'm blowing to level alchemy as a pure PvE player (currently level 7.6). The elixir descriptions definitely hinted at tier 1-3, but I never considered that a fourth tier might exist. That said, let me borrow Glave's lovely table:

The yellow area shows the possible stat values from socketing with a high grade or an advanced magic stone on an equipment piece with an enhancement of +3 or above.
    Weapon
    Stat Possible Stat Values
    Critical/Add. Damage/Red. Damage/
    Attack Speed/Evasion/HP
    1% 2% 3% 4% 5% 6%
    Awk. Charge/Accuracy 2% 4% 6% 8% 10% 12%
    Movement/Jump Speed 3% 6% 9% 12% 16% 18%
    Awk. Time 1.5% 3% 4.5% 6% 7.5% 9%
    Armor
    Stat Possible Stat Values
    Critical/Add. Damage/Red. Damage/
    Attack Speed/Evasion/HP
    0.5% 1% 1.5% 2% 2.5% 3%
    Awk. Charge/Accuracy 1% 2% 3% 4% 5% 6%
    Movement/Jump Speed 1.5% 3% 4.5% 6% 7.5% 9%
    Awk. Time 0.75% 1.5% 2.25% 3% 3.75% 4.5%

I like to refer to the six possible values as rank 1-6. There's also the concept of low chance and high chance. Magic stones and one of the stats on elite (Quickness, Destruction, etc) magic stones have this. All other sources, including sage's magic stone and the other stats on elite magic stones have a high chance. This "chance" is actually a range and having a high chance just means the range is shifted to the higher end or has fewer values.

Elite magic stones are more complicated. The stats are not rolled independently; each possible roll is a discrete element of the set, but its structure and the probability of acquiring it are affected by the chance concept from before. With that in mind:

Tier 2 (+6 through +8) Max Weapon Values (Explosion Stone):
    - 3%/6% (339/678) add/red
    - 6%/1% (678/113) add/red
    - 5%/2% (565/226) add/red
    - 4%/4% (452/452) add/red
    I add the ranks together to give an idea of how the rolls are typically structured for any given tier:

L: Low chance
    H: High chance

9 = 3L+6H
    7 = 6L+1H
    7 = 5L+2H
    8 = 4L+4H

Additional damage is the low chance stat while damage reduction is the high chance stat. Notice how the sum is lower if the low chance stat is high. This is why even though 3L+6H can happen, 6L+3H won't at this tier. Glave seems convinced that getting rank 6 for the low chance stat on a tier 2 isn't possible, so that second roll is rather surprising. You're sure that wasn't from advanced socketing since as you say...

ADVANCED SOCKETING ALLOWS YOU TO OBTAIN SOCKET VALUES OF ONE TIER ABOVE YOUR CURRENT TIER.
    ...advanced socketing is Rule Breaker. I was pretty convinced it wasn't and no one seems to be that sure. I was planning on doing some tests myself when I get alchemy to a higher level and have many bethbites to burn.

Tier 3 (+9 through +11) Max Weapon Values (Explosion Stone):
    - 4%/6% (452/678) add/red
    - 6%/3% (678/339) add/red (unconfirmed)
    - 5%/5% (565/565) add/red
    10 = 4L+6H
    10 = 5L+5H

Glave told me he got 6+1 on a +9, so I don't think the 6+x roll changes, but there could be multiple 6+x rolls. If there's a 6+2 or better in this tier, perhaps it's just extremely hard to roll at +9 and easier to at higher enhancement. That's another thing I want to say, having higher enhancement in a given tier most likely changes the probabilities of the rolls in the set, so having a +8 will make it easier to access the best tier 2 rolls than compared to a +6.

Elder Citizen
    Apr 2013
    To make things easier for myself and for everyone reading, the general rule for armors are literally half of the weapon values of the same tier, an example would be 1.5%/3% (170/339) add/red, or 3%/.5% (339/113) add/red.
    Not a big deal but might as well get it out of the way.

Lanox Oracle
    Mar 2011
    Not a big deal but might as well get it out of the way.
    Nice thanks, small typos are worth fixing after all, edited.

-snip-
    Going to overlook this to see where I can include the tables, I knew Glaves (I still call him theWORLD) had made it earlier, but I couldn't find it so I figured I could at least make this thread slightly different by including my personal preferences for PvP stats.

EDIT: Interesting, I think I have gotten a 6/1 on my Sparring weapon which is a Tier 2 weapon (since it's a +7 by default), but like you said, I've been using advanced socketing for a while so maybe my memory is a bit fuzzy. I look at sockets the same way as you do, knowing there is a max total % you can get (like 9% on a +8 and 10+ on a +9), and the fact that the first number will be lower than the second if you want the max total %. But if you are shooting for a higher first number, the second number will suffer and will not make up the same total, like 4%/4% is 8% instead of 9% total. For some strange reason though, +9s can get a 5%/5% which is extremely rare, but is also equal to the max % value of 10% like the 4%/6% they can get.

Also, I think I can agree with the "higher enhancement level in the same tier also affects the probability of higher rolls" claim, because I was socketing a +11 earlier (not mine) and I kept getting EXTREMELY high rolls, and 6%/6% rolls with advanced socketing, which is possible for a +9 with advanced socketing but I've NEVER gotten it a SINGLE time.

But yea I think we have all the information anyone can need for socketing, until the new dual stats come out (I'm really interested in Double Attack values), I'm going to link Glaves' thread in the OP, and leave your comments on page 2 for anyone seeking further information or a clearer explanation.

info revealed, this is like sharing your weapons to enemies...Fendo is really a nice guy
    Well when I'm not too busy wallowing in my self-pity, I think I'm pretty nice. But this is a highly aggressive and sarcastic statement so you can never be too sure :')

but lolicon
    Ok well you see that right there is uncalled for :c

Nothing wrong with enjoying little girls

Don't quote me on this

Banned
    Apr 2014
    Ok well you see that right there is uncalled for :c

Nothing wrong with enjoying little girls

Don't quote me on this
    what the ♥♥♥♥ this is elsurd forums pg 13 stop

Lanox Oracle
    Mar 2011
    what the ♥♥♥♥ this is elsurd forums pg 13 stop
    lol it's a joke from my channel when I posted this game

Ruben Villager
    Jan 2014
    I've been looking for something like this for days. I learned a lot, thank you very much.

Velder Noble
    Nov 2013
    City in the sky.
    you guys probably want to see that too:

im Lv10 alchemist btw.

Feita Knight
    May 2012
    ...the first number will be lower than the second if you want the max total %. But if you are shooting for a higher first number, the second number will suffer and will not make up the same total, like 4%/4% is 8% instead of 9% total. For some strange reason though, +9s can get a 5%/5% which is extremely rare, but is also equal to the max % value of 10% like the 4%/6% they can get.
    I'd have to mess around with them again, but Wrath stones seem to be an exception. Time is first and charge is second, but time feels like the high chance stat while charge feels low. The best I've managed on a +8 without advanced socketing is is 9% awakening time, 6% awakening charge, which would be a 6H+3L roll and is obscenely hard to come by =/ . I don't remember ever seeing max awakening charge and on my weapon costume, charge was extremely stubborn about being 12% while time was 9% very often.

Velder Noble
    Jul 2013
    Beside CBS
    You have just saved a cbs with 7k add and 10% crit.

•