EO Hat Trap
    Mar 2011

[Guide By Shirayuki] Basics to Base! [Rena]

Hello Shirayuki here!

Welcome to my In Depth Guide for Base Rena! It's completed now!

I have been using Rena since CBT of NA Els. Now I do main GA mostly but I do also Main Base.

What's so important about base and why should it get it's own guide?
    Cause Base is where you learn all the base skills to your class.

I main base because I play WS, NW, and GA. Base helps me keep track of how I should play all my Rena's properly instead of playing all of them pretty much the same way as my GA.

Now Let's begin.

Table of Contents:
    [Basic Combos and Nature's Force]
    [Skills]
    [Decisions Decisions]
    [Tips and Tricks]
    [Credits]
    [Unreleased Content]<You are welcome to look but it is for easier updating reasons when this comes around>

Base Rena Guide|Report Button Guide By NSG|Discord: Shirayuki #1456|GFX Credits Here testing number of characters

EO Hat Trap
    Mar 2011
    Basic Combos:

ZZZ[Z]- Rena will do 3 kicks in this combo then on the last [z] she will knock down her opponent with one last kick.
    You can do zzz three times in a row before knocking down by holding the arrow key of the way you are facing and pausing to click z a forth time in a row[Basically zzz> zzz> zzz> [Knock Down]]
    The last [Z] uses 1 Nature Force Bar. Full combo does 4 counts.

ZZZ^Z- Rena will do the same as zzz[z] but instead of knocking down, Rena will kick up to cause the opponents to be launched.
    This is a ok combo extender. It is a good idea to use this to practice catching opponents that have been launched.
    The last [Z] uses 1 Nature Force Bar. Full combo does 4 counts towards a nature's force bar.

ZZZX- Rena will kick three then slide to the other side of her opponent and shot an arrow that knocks down.
    The last [X] uses 1 Nature Force Bar. Full combo does 4 counts towards a nature's force bar

>>Z[Z]- Rena dashes at her opponent then does a slide kick [Like how people dash to make Home Runs] and Kicks up on [Z] making her opponent fly up in the air.
    This is a good catching tool if you know how to use it well with out the [z]
    The last [Z] uses 1 Nature Force Bar. Full combo does 2 counts towards a nature's force bar

>>^Z- Rena dash jumps then Kicks.
    This is another good catching tool for people that are in the air or likes to play Aerial matches.
    Full combo does 1 counts towards a nature's force bar

^Z- Rena jump kicks.
    This is a good move to catching people in the air, but not suggested to be used in Aerial matches.

^^Z- Rena will double jump then quickly land back down feet first.
    This is a tool you can use when trying to get a lot of MP and do Damage at the same time. [Do note this is my opinion: This tool is also mainly a PvE tool. It can be useful in PvP as well, but not as useful as it is in PvP]

XXX[X]- Rena will shoot 2 arrows on XX, flips to shot 2 more arrow, then shoots the final [X] arrow causing the opponent to knock down.
    You can do XX three to five times in a row before knocking down by holding the arrow key of the way you are facing and pausing to click X a third time in a row [ Basically XX> XX> XX> XX> XX> [Knock Down]] [Needs testing]
    The last [X] uses 1 Nature Force Bar. Full combo does 4 counts towards a nature's force bar

XXXvX- Rena will shoot 2 arrows on XX then flips to shot 2 more arrows, then shots 3 arrows angled down.
    This is a combo that is great on platforms and on opponents that move below where you are [basically being pushed off a platform or jumping down from a platform.]
    The last [X] uses 1~3 Nature Force Bars depending on how many arrow's hit. Full combo does 7 counts towards a nature's force bar if it all hits. If only 2/3 or less of the arrows on the last [X] hits, it only does 4 counts.

XXX^X- Rena will shot 2 arrows on XX then flips to shot 2 more arrows then shots 3 arrows angled up
    This is a combo that is like "XXXvX", but instead of working well on platforms, it works better on the ground floor and on opponents that like to jump or fly.
    The last [X] uses 1~3 Nature Force Bars depending on how many arrow's hit. Full combo does 7 counts towards a nature's force bar if it all hits. If only 2/3 or less of the arrows on the last [X] hits, it only does 4 counts.

>>x- Rena will dash then shoot an arrow behind her that will knock down the opponent
    This is a good tool to use when you are running or to charge at your opponent. This does knock down the opponent so it is only good for running away or playing mind games.

>>^XX[X]- Rena will dash jump then start shooting arrows at a down angle towards the floor and on the last [X], will shoot 3 arrows that will knock down.
    This is the one of the best tool for catching on all Rena classes. It keeps the distance between you and your opponent. It helps with chasing people running. It is also can be great for playing defensively.
    The last [X] uses 1 Nature Force Bar. Full combo does 3 counts towards a nature's force bar

^x- Rena jumps and shots an arrow straight.
    This is a useful tool for catching opponents in jumping height.

^^X- Rena will double jump then shot down three arrows.
    This is will be one of the most utilized tool you will be using when you are trying to catch, get away from your opponent, spam on bosses to get mp, and much more.

Nature's Force:
    Nature's Force is Rena's Character specific system that is unique to her. Nature's force can passively buff Rena when she is in Awakened Mode or has 3 or more bars with more movement speed, MP regeneration, and damage reduction. Using a bar will cause 370% more damage and you can use at max 3 bars at once so there will cause a total of 1110% more damage total. This Damage ignore and is based on the average of your Physical and Magical Attack. When you use a bar, upon hitting the opponent, you will activate an explosion that can affect all opponents in the area, but this area is very small. The use of a bar also can proc your attribute.

To Gain a bar, you must 6 "counts". You will gain a bar every 6 "counts" via basic Combo*. You also gain a hit every 25mp you use through actives and special actives. So for every 150 mp you use, you gain a bar.

To Use a bar, you must complete a combo to activate it or activate it with a skill that procs it. By completing a combo, it means you must go through the combo sequence, such as ZZZ[Z]. Not all combos uses NF bars, and not all actives uses NF bars. The combos and actives that do not use Nature's Force bars will lack information on procing NF bars.

*All combos count via the number of hits, however there are exceptions. The number of counts for using the full combo is listed under each combo description.

Base Rena Guide|Report Button Guide By NSG|Discord: Shirayuki #1456|GFX Credits Here testing number of characters

EO Hat Trap
    Mar 2011
    Skills:

Skill Table
    Level Skill name Skill Type Attribute 1 [Left] Attribute 1 Effect Attribute 2 [Right] Attribute 2 Effect At True Skill Locked?
    Lv 1 Back flip Shot Active Light MP Consumption Decreased to 24 mp Haste Cool down Decreased to 4 sec x1.2 Damage No
    Rail Stinger S.Active Enhanced 100% Critical Chance but Decreased
    Damage to 80%
    Light MP Consumption Decreased to 80 mp x1.2 Damage No
    Marriage Skill Active N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A Yes
    Lv.5 Perfect Storm S.Active Gigantic Attack Range Increased to 130% Empowered Damage Increased to 120% x1.2 Damage No
    Lv.10 Aero Tornado S.Active Useful Increased to 17 hits but damage is decreased to 70% Heavy Damage Increased to 140% But Increased Skill Cool down to 30 sec x1.2 Damage No
    Lv.15 Assault Kick S.Active Empowered Damage Increased to 120% Light MP Consumption Decreased to 56 mp x1.2 Damage No
    Lv.20 Phoenix Strike S.Active Reversed MP Consumption decreased to 180 mp but Skill Cool down Increased to 30 sec Gigantic Attack Range Increased to 130% x1.2 Damage
    Siege Active Absorbing Recover 140% Mp per hit Empowered Damage Increased to 120% x1.2 Damage Yes

Skill Descriptions:

Back Flip Shot
    Uses 30mp [24 mp with light attribute]

Rena will backflip into the air and shot 3 arrows at an angle.

This is also one of the best catching moves Rena has. This move has some invincible frames, so it can also be an effective way of dodging. You will want it in your one of your slots for dodging or combo chaining purposes.

NF: Can be Boosted with 1 bar.

PvE: Light
    PvP: Haste
    Hybrid: Haste

Rail Stinger
    Uses 100 mp [80 mp with light attribute]

Rena will shot a magical arrow that pierces through 2 enemies.

This skill does knock down, but works really well when chained with Perfect storm. Great for beginning stages of learning how to use Rena, but this skill will be replaced after you get a job advancement.

PvE: Light
    PvP: Enhanced
    Hybrid: Light

Perfect Storm
    Uses 200 mp
    Rena will jump back into the air then shot arrow at the ground causing a small tornado. Ally will recover 2% MP and HP when near or is touched by the tornado.

This move can be comparable to a bossing move, but can also clear mobs very well. This move is more of a PvE move than PvP move, but it can be taken into team matches for PvP. Works best on mobs when chained with Rail Stinger.

NF: Can be Boosted with 2 bars.

PvE: Gigantic
    PvP: Empowered
    Hybrid: Empowered

Areo Tornado
    Uses 300 mp
    Rena will flips up and shoot a sphere of wind at 45 degree angle.

This move is the best boss move Rena has as a base. It is also a great multi hit skill for Nightmare Core in Perkisas Phase 3.

NF: Can be Boosted with 3 bars.

PvE: Both will work great, it all really depends on your preference.
    PvP: Not for PvP at all.
    Hybrid: Both will work great, it all really depends on your preference.

Assault Kick
    Uses 70 mp [56 mp with light attribute]
    Rena will kick the opponent down then launch the opponent on the last kick. There is a chance of it Knocking down the opponent instead of launching the opponent.

This move is a good Combo Extender if you know how to catch with z or ^z. This move is also good for catching opponents to start a combo.

PvE: Empowered
    PvP: Light

Pheonix Strike
    Uses 300 mp [180 mp with reversed attribute]
    Rena will shot a Fire Phoenix the way she is facing. The phoenix will follow the map based on where it has been shot from. The attack will decrease as it travels farther.

This move is a OK map clearer. It is great for shorter linear maps, and a quick burst of damage when using it point blank on a mob.

PvE: Gigantic
    PvP: Not for PvP at all
    Hybrid: Gigantic

Seige Mode
    [Locked]

Uses 0 mp to activate. Each [Z] uses 15mp and each [X] uses 25 mp in this mode.
    Rena will kick then lean back to shot arrows efficiently. She will stay still while in this mode. Using [Z] will shot 2 arrows straight and using [X] will shot 5 arrows arched at the enemy in range.

This move is not only a great way to extend your combo, it is a key move for most Rena's. It is best to unlock on this move. Learning how to chain Seige into your combos will be something you want to do as you reach higher levels. As a Sniping Ranger/Grand Archer, there are some combos that can put you into a siege stance will include all the multipliers that come with Seige mode.
    [Can be Unlocked with Camilla's Secret Manual (Basic) obtained though the Mission "Camilla's Beginner Skill Quest" or Item Mall for 130 KC]

NF: Can be Boosted with 1 bar when you kick. You do not use nor gain bars when you use Z or X in this mode.

Editor's Note: Seige is also a move that is a Hit or Miss on ALL Rena classes. Either you can use it [with or without practice] or you can't use it [no matter what you do], but do try to use it first before making that decision. [I can only say this cause I can't use Siege. I have tried to multiple times, but never been able to feel comfortable using it. Yes, it is the one move that can be essential if you can use it but a Rena can live without it.]

PvE: Absorbing
    PvP: Empowered

EO Hat Trap
    Mar 2011
    Decisions Decisions:
    Below are the choices you have after you get your Base to level 15. But they are not mandatory. If you love base and how she moves, stick with her. No need to change.Only issue is trade. >.>

Combat Ranger:

Although she does still use her Bow, Combat Ranger focuses on her kicks and keeping her opponents close. Rena becomes faster, and a much harder hitter compared to before through this class route. If you love to play close combat matches as a Rena, this route is highly suggested. [More PvP oriented as well]
    Click here for Guides for Combat Ranger

Sniping Ranger
    Her bow becomes her main form of attack and “sniping” her opponents from a range. Rena become much more agile and more accurate compared to before through this class route. If you love her arrows and like to play it safe, this route is the way to go. [More PvE oriented as well]
    Click here for Guides for Snipping Ranger

Trapping Ranger
    The Jack of almost all trades as a Rena. She uses arrows to trap her opponents and uses the Blade of Erendil to attack closely. Rena will become more evasive and more tactical compared to before through this class route. If you want to be a pure hybrid that can do close combat and play it safe, this route is highly suggested. [Can be both PvE and PvP oriented]
    Click here for Guides for Trapping Ranger

EO Hat Trap
    Mar 2011
    Tips and Tricks:

[Usage Tips and Tricks]
    ~When using the combo >>^xx[x] or just >>^x, you can actually use >>z[z] immediately after if you hit >> after casting the arrow[s]
    ~When Dashing, you can [Like a CR] do >>z multiple times in a row if you quickly hit >> after and z multiple times.
    ~You can move faster if you >>^z in a quick pace. [This is a form of stepping for Rena]
    ~Using a NF bar can help with resetting Knock Down, but this is all through timing.
    ~Rena's main form of stepping is very similar to Eve's Spring stepping where you hit the keys in the following way >>^v^v^v, however going to fast will make you double jump instead as well as slow you down. Make sure you computer can register this movement in order to do this properly.
    ~When using the combo XXXvX or XXX^X, it is best to use it as close to your opponent as you can to use this combo to it's maximum potential.
    ~If you don't think >>v^v^ stepping is good enough, you can try using >>^z to step by repeating >>^z at a fast pace.
    ~If you have 20%+ in all speeds, you can continuously use >>^xx[x] on the enemy without stopping.

[Build Tips]
    ~PvE or PvP, as a base, stick to moves that use 120 mp or less unless clearing a room or nuking a boss. You will have more utilities to use that way and use your base to a higher potential.

[Mechanic Tips]
    ~ZZZX has some invincible frames when Rena passes through the opponent. You can use this to your advantage for dodging.
    ~You can time using Awakening to dodge Combos and short actives
    ~When Rena get's knocked down, Rena can counter attack right after by kicking her opponents when she gets up, but this will knock her opponent down.

[Combo Tips]
    ~zzz can be looped 4 times by using the following methods:
    [Holding down the > key and counting 1 in your head] zzz [1] zzz [1] zzz [1]
    [Canceling the last z with arrow keys by doing <<>] zzz<<>zzz<<>zzz<<>zzz<<>
    ~xx can be looped in a similar fashion to zzz
    ~You can catch and continue a combo after a launch if you are able to time a z or x before the enemy lands on the ground.

EO Hat Trap
    Mar 2011
    Credits:

Joisu- Shirayuki's Base Rena [Main Player in Combos]

Vermouth- Shirayuki's Trapping Ranger [Main Player in Skills my Base did not Have]

Mikage- Shirayuki's Grand Archer [Main Player in deeper Nature's force information and Tips & Tricks]

ElWiki for pictures, combos, and some Nature's Force information.

FE Black Knight for Explaining how Nature's Force works through PM's to help me with the guide [instead of jumping on me cause I don't use it myself.]
    TheBlissfulOne for reminding me of what is missing and bringing up some viable changes that should be done due to job advancements.

EO Hat Trap
    Mar 2011
    Unreleased Content:
    Warning: THIS IS NOT IN NA! This is only here for easier updating when it comes around
    Spoiler:

Nothing at the moment~

Elysion Navigator
    Oct 2011
    Art Hell
    I... think it's very, very misinformed...
    ^^Z? PvE only tool? The reverse is almost true..
    Backflip shot? Max? Its damage increase is pathetic, and it doesn't raise its invulnerable frames, so leave it alone.
    All of your combos ignore the fact nature's spirit exists at all. Have you not played once since it was released?...

You also forgot XXX^X and XXXvX, but I assume you were gonna add those in later.
    Just so you know before you go in and call it useless, both are useful for:
    Catching long range
    Bossing when moves are on cooldown
    A magical option on a WS, or even NW when Fury is on cooldown (or when you can't get the right or safest position for siege)

EO Hat Trap
    Mar 2011
    I... think it's very, very misinformed...
    ^^Z? PvE only tool? The reverse is almost true..
    Backflip shot? Max? Its damage increase is pathetic, and it doesn't raise its invulnerable frames, so leave it alone.
    All of your combos ignore the fact nature's spirit exists at all. Have you not played once since it was released?...
    For NF:
    I have played, i just ignore the system. Plus I stated it:
    [Currently none of this includes Nature Force, I personally do not pay attention it. but will be testing it out when I can to make this guide more accurate]

For ^^z, I personally have trouble using it in PvP. But I think that's my own play style maybe, dunno, will need to spam it in PvP to actually know lol. Again I did state that there are missing combo information cause I don't use every combo that rena has in the book.

As for BFS: I only suggested the max for forever bases, cause they have the sp to spare really. But I can see what you mean. Will update that in a bit.

Elysion Navigator
    Oct 2011
    Art Hell
    For NF:
    I have played, i just ignore the system. Plus I stated it:

For ^^z, I personally have trouble using it in PvP. But I think that's my own play style maybe, dunno, will need to spam it in PvP to actually know lol. Again I did state that there are missing combo information cause I don't use every combo that rena has in the book.

As for BFS: I only suggested the max for forever bases, cause they have the sp to spare really. But I can see what you mean. Will update that in a bit.
    It's still giving false information to legitimately ignore NF altogether.

•