Hamel Guardian
    Dec 2012
    NA can't change anything about the game.

It's the oh so wise Korean developers that determine the direction the game goes.

Sheath Knight
    Dec 2013
    Your Vital Regions

It's the oh so wise Korean developers that determine the direction the game goes.
    2v2 .

Hamel Guardian
    Dec 2012
    Well, sure okay. I guess that's an exception. But we aren't going to be allowed to change the characters themselves in comparison to the other servers. I'm talking about actual class balance, not gameplay.

Addaraelesis are still addaraelesis in 2v2 is my point.

Velder Noble
    Apr 2014

I would not say this is necessarily true. I have been getting the hint that there are some differences in how the game is run. The fact we have had issue with Star Rank and the fact the EU server branch already declared about the Magical Wardrobe bit. There are a few difference between regions which are adapted to better suit the locale version.

Elysion Navigator
    Sep 2012
    Boca Raton, Florida
    yeah they can change things, but I really doubt they can implement their own balancing onto the game. Not in the sense that its impossible, but more because it opens a gigantic can of worms on whatelse they can change and I'm pretty sure that they'll just leave it to the primary balancers in KR.

The most they can do is control the order&time we get the balances.

Born to Blood
    Dec 2011
    2v2 probably is the best choice for the setting...

but if you want fair, why not make everyone use spar gear that has no sockets or elements? (you also get no costume or accessories)

that makes things even more fair cause you still can't deny that gear has an advantage too (hence why i'll never enter...)
    I think it's because the developers feel that the players who do work hard for their gear will feel left out and not want to join tournaments.

If this is not the case, then the NA community needs to make a poll that shows them even the players who are geared want tournaments where equipment is normalized.

If not, it's safe to assume that the first assumption is correct as a developer.
    I'm sure it's easy to understand why this may be the case.

Velder Noble
    Nov 2011
    I can vouch for this by saying that I strongly dislike what optimal 1v1 tournament play has become. We're reaching the point where competitive players (including myself) have developed an entirely new playstyle for these tournaments revolving around infinite patience, extreme passiveness, and numerous timeouts. After all the tournaments we've been through, this is what we've discovered to work the best. Class balance won't fix this problem; even with something like BM mirrors, the optimal strategy is just to play king of the hill or camp on small ledges. The pacing of the matches is incredibly slow, and while you might see the occasional exciting play, 1v1 tournaments have become increasingly boring to watch. This is all through the eyes of someone who can actually process the minuscule decisions being made by both players; I imagine this problem would be even worse for the less experienced players who only watch the official tournament livestreams.

Most classes have three or four resources: MP, awakening/DP, time, and an optional secondary resource (WotS/NS/Ammo/Orbs). In a 1v1 setting, the third element is frequently overlooked because it holds little importance when you can always stall for time. Coincidentally, many of the classes considered to be the best at 1v1 are actually quite lacking in this field, making them not as overwhelming in teams. IP can force mana breaks in 1v1 with ease, but in 2v2 he deals damage at an incredibly slow pace. Teammates can swoop in for the save well before the IP's target has lost any significant amount of HP (assuming the IP doesn't get them both with Iron Howling). YR's resurrection was explained in the blog already, but her Mana Swap also relies heavily on time. When you've just tanked a CrA combo and you're stuck at 300 MP with no orbs, the pressure of cooldowns outweighs the value of MP, and you start to wish you had Shadow Press to regain orbs. Other examples include MM/EM being unable to help their teammate as they clock, Airelinna healing too slowly, and SD's cooldown on Flying Kite.

On the other hand, most of the lower tier 1v1 characters don't feel as pressured by time. For example as a BM, cooldowns are rarely ever an issue even in teams, and my DPS during combos is quite high. The only real problem I have with time is managing my core refunds properly and not going into 2 beads, but that could be solved by having the right amount of awakening charge for certain match-ups. Anyways, the fact that the game's balance improves a lot in a 2v2 setting is part of what makes me believe that it is the definitive mode of PvP. It's also the reason why I was able to get so far with BM in the previous tournament back in November. If we were ever to have an official 1v1 tournament, never in a million years would I even consider entering with my BM.

just my 2 cents

Elysion Navigator
    Sep 2012
    Boca Raton, Florida
    someone take away my curse of being incapable of synergizing with anybody and I'll gladly accept 2v2 as the main pvp tournament scene.

*pouts*

Captain Aisha
    Jan 2012
    Outside of reality
    someone take away my curse of being incapable of synergizing with anybody and I'll gladly accept 2v2 as the main pvp tournament scene.

*pouts*
    This is (relatively) easy to fix. You got to pick a partner and practice with them enough to create a playstyle where both can comprehend what each of you want to do. Kind of like adapt to the other person gameplay.

This will work faster if you find someone that can cover for your weakness and even so it will take lots of practice

Feita Knight
    Mar 2015
    Booting up lil Noir
    This is (relatively) easy to fix.
    I concur.

"PIKACHU I CHOOSE YOU >.<"

•