Guardian
    Mar 2014
    ?! ?! ?! ?! ?! ?!
    iNTERNAL SCREAMING
    ur asking for an entire section of the dev diary for something that will probably b ninja patched in

Elysion Navigator
    Sep 2013
    You need a GPS
    something like Pesop's Robe where it wouldn't change your costume appearance is good for many players (like me) that don't wan to look different, but have the effects of a costume suit for more stats (or the extra socket slot). so really, if we don't get that, at least do something like Harry Potter's "invisibility cloak" (you did take stuff from other things before and renamed it -cough- DFO -cough-).

As for no items... just make that an option for all PvP modes on all servers... you know what... just have EVERY spar mode in PvP

1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, survival, deathmatch/match

and have power and item mode for them all. People would DEFINITELY play PvP more on all servers if you did that. I know i'd love a crazy as hell survival match provided you fix the server lag first....

Lanox Oracle
    Sep 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    As for no items... just make that an option for all PvP modes on all servers... you know what... just have EVERY spar mode in PvP

1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, survival, deathmatch/match

and have power and item mode for them all. People would DEFINITELY play PvP more on all servers if you did that. I know i'd love a crazy as hell survival match provided you fix the server lag first....
    I think the issue with that is that once you start getting really specific (ex. 3v3 no items survival), some modes are going to be completely devoid of players and the queues are going to be stretched thin. It's like how 3v3 used to be really slow because everyone preferred 1v1 and 2v2 (or is still slow? idk I don't 3v3).

Even if we did something small like add a no items option to each mode, that would potentially cut the queues in half or render some queues too empty to consistently get an opponent.

As great as it would be to just add a no items option to arena, I don't think it would work very well in practise .-. but hey, at least that's what we have sparring mode for!

I'd still kill to have items taken out of 1v1, tho.

Brave
    Jul 2011
    Home
    Why not provide a version of the Robe with less stats? Heck, I would still grab it even it if provided less stats then the other costumes.

Another alternative is to make a permanent version available by farming quests or what not, similar to Luto's costume

Elysion Navigator
    Sep 2012
    Boca Raton, Florida
    Ya I'm going to agree with blue, I made a thread a long time ago discussing the whole item thing as separate modes.

I think 1v1 would manage okay due to the large playerbase and only needing 2 people, but
    For 2v2 and 3v3 if you split the modes up between items and non items it would pretty much drain the other mode of its players, quening would take way to long.

Elysion Navigator
    Mar 2011
    Canad- No its Japan. Yes Japan.
    Eh.

No word about Windows 8 stuff?

Any new updates of the stuff in the past?

._.

Altera Savior
    Apr 2011
    Houston, TX
    Items should be removed from arena on all modes regardless as its a competitive place. Who'd want to play with items other than to troll or need the handicap? If you want items, go to sparring. Simple as that, don't need to balance out queues for each one, just get rid of it entirely and solely have power.

Elder Citizen
    Dec 2013
    The Forest
    I agree with the part of separating pvp with item mode or no item modes because the whole point of items in pvp is to change the tides in battle. Although that once you reach around ss-sss there is the no items rule but what about the players with lower rank that still are starting out pvp i think having different modes would be an excellent idea.

Velder Noble
    Oct 2013
    Much Stalker
    Having two modes would separate the "old players" and the "new players". As I've read before, in S1, top tier people wanted to test their competitive strength or something like that, and so they stopped using items, which made the match closer to fair. As people at the bottom started to make their way to the top tier, they learned this, too. However, by the time new players arrived, the people at the bottom were already at the top, and could not learn of the "no items" rule unless they watched a video or read the PvP forums, and surprisingly few people do these. So basically, as a rough estimate, oplayers that came in around mid 2014ish and new players would flock to items mode, and everyone else would go to no items mode.

Velder Noble
    Mar 2013
    In an alley luring in kids with candy (◐∇◐*)
    QwQ still no response bout the OH bug...

•