EO Hat Trap
    Mar 2011
    Added a new one since more and more people are using the method!!!

Base Rena Guide|Report Button Guide By NSG|Discord: Shirayuki #1456|GFX Credits Here testing number of characters

Ruben Villager
    Apr 2016
    Porto - Portugal
    Thanks Shira ^^

Velder Noble
    Dec 2013
    no wan knows
    It's probably implied, but I'd suggest asking the other person if they're fine with recording.
    Ex: If I was buying kc from someone and they were a different character, I'd ask them if they were fine with me recording first, then record the transaction if they said yes (since most people want ED before gifting). If they say no I'd just find a different buyer since if they were legitimate they should be fine with recording. Or if we're both the same character, like say I'm buying an Ara costume and they're Ara, I'd ask for a trade. Since they're the same character they should be able to take it out of their IM inv and trade just fine, plus it wouldn't cut into their gifting limit so there's really no reason for them to decline gifting if they're legitimate--

Ruben Villager
    Nov 2016
    Bethma (80%) Elysion(20%) Venezuela (100%)
    Sticky Approved C: good tactic :3

Ruben Villager
    Nov 2015
    Planet Earth
    Hello Shirayuki senpai! (Or to whom GM it may concern)..

I'm sorry if I had to necro this thread. But there are 2 matters that bugs me to clarify when I wanted to trade..
    (Please have patience in understanding my grammars)

(1.) What IF my "legal" trade has been scammed by a mesmerizing-professional scammer, but I have a solid proof of the trading process (like recording my screen with a HD camera, not the in-game recorder).
    Examples:
    **The trader has the rare item I want and his price is like 1.2b. Then he wants me to pay first 500m, and then 700m along with the item I want. But the trader runs away the moment he got the 500m.**Or** I have the rare item worth 1.2b, and the buyer wants to pay first 700m along with the item he wants to prove that I will not scam his 500m if I let him pay it first. But the moment he gets the item and paid 700m, he runs away with the remaining 500m.
    So by showing the proof video, Can GMs fully recover me the scammed items/EDs that I innocently lost? Or not?
    Because I really don't care what will happen to the scammer (since he/she will just resurrect, or multiply, or worse when triggered). But only my scammed items/EDs to fully come back to me, since my trade is legal..

(2.) And what IF I am trading with my "ED + tradable ItemMalls" for an expensive IB item that I want from the trader, but the trader is unexpectedly not a scammer but a TROLLER?...
    Example:
    **A trader has the rare item I want, and agrees to trade it with my price "ED + ItemMalls worth the value of k-ching he/she wants". Now he orders from me to the mall like (Fluorite stones, Restoration Scrolls, Skill slots, Magic Necklace, Ring of Fury, etc.) and I record the purchase process with my HD camera for proof. But the moment I purchase the requested items to exchange from the trader, the trader runs away or cancels the trade by any means of excuses and breaks our processed agreement.
    So by showing the proof video, Can GMs revert back all the false purchased items and my exact amount of k-ching? Or not?
    Because trading all the items + the max 700m ED in TradingSystem can easily avoid any scams, since it is not a portion-by-portion trade that scammers can get away in the middle of trading.
    : adding sample in question 1

EO Hat Trap
    Mar 2011
    GM's will only reverse things like scam or other errors once per account.

The first scenario, you are able to get back your items or ed but it will only happen once.

The second scenario, you are not able to do much. Once you buy an item with KC, under the TOU you cannot be refunded.

Base Rena Guide|Report Button Guide By NSG|Discord: Shirayuki #1456|GFX Credits Here testing number of characters

Ruben Villager
    Nov 2015
    Planet Earth
    GM's will only reverse things like scam or other errors once per account.

The first scenario, you are able to get back your items or ed but it will only happen once.

The second scenario, you are not able to do much. Once you buy an item with KC, under the TOU you cannot be refunded.
    ahhhh..
    -But about the first scenario. Can I know why the GMs can only help the victim ONCE? (so I can "somehow" accept the facts)
    -And does that mean the victim should never ever trade again? (Since the victim MIGHT be scammed again by professional scammers, but can't be helped by the GMs again...)

-And about the second scenario. What will happen to the Troller if the joke trade ever happens? And is there any safe-ER way to trade an expensive single rare item? HOW? Example: I want to buy "Nocturn of Hernia" and the seller agreed with my price... In my way of having a simultaneous trade to avoiding any scams is to trade that rare item in the TradingSystem with the (maxed 700m ed + the fair/agreed value of stacking ItemMalls to fulfill the remaining amount of price). But unless the trader is unexpectedly just a joker or a troller that leaves you behind with your false purchases, you are doomed. So my questions are up there ^

EO Hat Trap
    Mar 2011
    1. I do not know, I assume it is a prevention for abusing it.

No, it does not. You are still able to report the scammer and the scammer would be taken care of. While you may not getting back your items, you can at least limit the number of scammers that exists.
    If anything, avoid trading with ED if you are not comfortable with it.

2. By most part, it is better to only trade with what you already have and not with anything new where you have to buy new items. The safest way to trade is Item trades. It is 100% possible to trade 10 items that add up to the single item value such as the Nocturn of Hernia.

Ruben Villager
    Nov 2015
    Planet Earth
    1. I do not know, I assume it is a prevention for abusing it.

No, it does not. You are still able to report the scammer and the scammer would be taken care of. While you may not getting back your items, you can at least limit the number of scammers that exists.
    If anything, avoid trading with ED if you are not comfortable with it.

2. By most part, it is better to only trade with what you already have and not with anything new where you have to buy new items. The safest way to trade is Item trades. It is 100% possible to trade 10 items that add up to the single item value such as the Nocturn of Hernia.
    1. This first scenario is still unclear for me of why GMs won't retrieve the 2nd-time scammed items of the victim who just wants to trade it legally.

For me, it is an obligatory for superiors/GMs to help the innocent players from foul players no matter how many times (like a police, stopping criminals 24/7, and retrieve all the victim's belongings "as fine as possible" Not to confiscate or remove it on the next help as long as the victim's actions were legal). Because victims can do whatever they want to their own hard-worked belongings like trade legally, and traders has no rights to scam it and GMs has no rights to take/ignore it away from them. And even if the GMs warns the victim not to trade again, then what will be the purpose of trading rare items on the TradingSystem? It cannot be helped since rare items can be traded freely.

And it isn't the victim's fault to abuse the GMs help. Since foul players are the main cause of the victim's abusive help requests, and only GMs has the right to remove ALL those players until no retrieval help request will be seen again...

2. Ok, I understand now the safe risks on this second scenario. Thanks for the help Shirayuki senpai!

EO Hat Trap
    Mar 2011
    Again, I have no answer of why they only do it once.

The best you can do is to have the scammer be banned.

To be fair, the GM's could even simply say too bad, there is nothing that can be done regarding a scam. Mainly because it is not at fault of GM's or the Game. You can argue that it isn't safe to make big trades and that the risk of scam is high, but in the end it is neither the game nor the GM's fault it happens. The GM's have every right to just not correct something you agreed to do, but find out that it was nothing more than a lie.

The GM's will help you catch the scammer and get rid of the scammer, but it does not necessarily mean they have to nor will return your stuff. It's pretty much like a police case in a burglary. They will help you FIND and take care of the culprit but they will not really return anything to you.

It is up to you if you are too scared to trade ever again or not. It's not a GM's job to control or govern private trades. It is a Community issue, and can only fixed by the community. While the issue can be mediated by the GM's, it cannot be fixed nor controlled by the GM's.

•