Elder Citizen
    Apr 2013
    Old Neon Town

Elsword Shimeji (Desktop Buddies)

About a year ago, a thread was created linking to my Tumblr blog (actually it was to a friend's blog who reblogged it from my blog but) regarding Elsword shimeji. I'm not sure if anyone has been keeping track, but the list has been updated, and is still being updated. You can find the blog post here. Reblogged versions don't include any updates on the original post, so do be a bit cautious when viewing a reblog.

For those who don't know, shimeji is a program that acts like a little desktop buddy. They walk around your screen, sit down, climb your screen, fool around. You can interact with them with your mouse such as picking them up, throwing them, or getting them to chase your mouse. Depending on the shimeji's "personality", it can also multiple/clone itself or move your open windows and programs around. Here's what a few of them look like!

Spoiler:

For convenience's sake, I thought I might as well replicate the list here, for anyone who is interested. For those who are creating your own Elsword shimeji, once you have finished, do consider letting me know so I can add it to the list! As for the list itself... (Click on the names below to download, most are direct downloads unless not possible/specifically requested by creators.)

Rune Slayer by 凌嵐

Void Princess (equipment off) by 席洛
    Blade Master by LODAR.
    Blade Master (alternate outfit, of creator's friend's BM) by 席洛

Chung by gmldi915.
    Deadly Chaser (includes alternate outfit of Royal Servant - Dark Lord + creator's appearance) by 私愛〆潮汐
    Tactical Trooper (includes alternate appearance of Pikachu blob... thing...) by 西示風 @ Pixiv

Code: Nemesis by Neophix
    Code: Electra by Neophix

Ara Haan (Little Xia) by overleveled-esper @ Tumblr

Add (Tracer) by Pyung
    Lunatic Psyker (features Lexy from 'Neko Atsume') by sinnamonbunbun @ Tumblr
    Diabolic Esper by dezimaton @ Tumblr

Apocalypse by Glacial-Pencil @ DA

Ainchase Ishmael by Sallaria @ DA

Elder Citizen
    Apr 2013
    Old Neon Town
    F.A.Q.

Program-Related

Q: How do I use this?

A: After downloading the Shimeji, extract the folder somewhere (like your Desktop), open the folder, and run "Shimeji.exe" or "Shimeji-ee.exe". After that, just wait a few seconds and your shimeji should fall from the top of your screen.

Q: When I try to run the program, I get an error window saying something about Java 6. I have the latest version of Java but I still can’t run the program, why is that?

A: Shimeji require a specific version of Java. I believe the official download link has been removed, but you can download it here (file has been checked for viruses).

Q: I’m getting the following error when I try to launch the shimeji. How do I fix this?
    :
    Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine
    Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

A: If you’re getting this error when launching the .exe file, try launching the .jar file instead. Sometimes the shimeji take a while to appear, as well.

Misc. Questions

Q: What does the strikethrough mean?

A: Unfortunately the download link has been removed by the creator. Out of respect, I will not be re-uploading any shimeji, my apologies.

Q: Why isn't there a [character/class] shimeji?

A: Shimeji are created by people, often fans, out of their own time. There's many frames to draw and program, so it can take a while! If you don't see a shimeji of a character or class that you like, it just means that either someone hasn't made one, or I haven't found them. In the case of the latter, please link me to the original upload so I can contact the creator. In the case of the former, you can always make your own shimeji or ask someone else to.

Misc. Info

While we're on the subject of them not spawning in: I'd like to mention that if you have any web browsers open, the Shimeji may spawn and stand on top of the window instead of falling down onto an observable part of the screen; minimize or shrink any browser windows you have open if they seem to be hiding.

Elder Citizen
    May 2012
    Altera
    While we're on the subject of them not spawning in: I'd like to mention that if you have any web browsers open, the Shimeji may spawn and stand on top of the window instead of falling down onto an observable part of the screen; minimize or shrink any browser windows you have open if they seem to be hiding.

Ruben Villager
    Mar 2015
    I'm still trying to discover
    you, by any chance, still have the Add shimeji??
    I've been looking forever for it, I even saw on your tumblr, and I can't seem to be able to download or get it anywhere, I've been trying to get it for a while, do you think you can share it by any chance?? .A.

Elder Citizen
    Apr 2013
    Old Neon Town
    you, by any chance, still have the Add shimeji??
    I've been looking forever for it, I even saw on your tumblr, and I can't seem to be able to download or get it anywhere, I've been trying to get it for a while, do you think you can share it by any chance?? .A.
    I do, but redistributing it without the author's permission is disrespectful to them and may potentially infringe upon illegal distribution laws.
    I apologize, but the only thing I can suggest doing is waiting until Pyung decides to re-upload the Add Shimeji. I can search around and see if someone else has made a base Add shimeji, however, if that helps.

Ruben Villager
    Mar 2015
    I do, but redistributing it without the author's permission is disrespectful to them and may potentially infringe upon illegal distribution laws.
    I apologize, but the only thing I can suggest doing is waiting until Pyung decides to re-upload the Add Shimeji. I can search around and see if someone else has made a base Add shimeji, however, if that helps.
    it's ok, I understand, I just really wanted that one, because Add is one of my favourite characters, but it's alright ^^
    Also, I found an Apocalypse Shimeji, made by someone on deviantART, the person disponibilized the link to download, but I don't know if it's ok to share the link here too

Elder Citizen
    Apr 2013
    Old Neon Town
    I've contacted that person (at least, I believe we're referring to the same person), hopefully they're okay with their link being shared. Thank you for letting me know. o/

I haven't found another Add shimeji unfortunately, still searching...

Ruben Villager
    Mar 2015
    the person I'm talking about is called Glacial-Pencil on deviantART, but might be the same you have contacted, was the only Apocalypse shimeji I found XD
    if I find any other Elsword shimeji, I'll be sure to let you know

Also, about the Add Shimeji, it's ok, maybe I'll have to wait Pyung upload it again
    or, maybe, I can do one if I have the time, not sure, I've been wanting to do a Diabolic Esper one for a while, but I haven't got the time to start doing it, plus, I'm not really confident on my skills and how they would turn out |D

Elder Citizen
    Apr 2013
    Old Neon Town
    Ah, yup, that's the person. I'm just waiting on their response now.
    There's a few shimeji bases here and there that you can use as a template. And hey, even if the end result isn't as ideal as you would like it to be, it'll still give you some skills and experience in case you decide to refine/remake it. o/

Ruben Villager
    May 2015
    I cant download TT's shimeji i click on the link, it leads to a baidu link, after a while nothing happen, even after the page finished loading

•