Feita Knight
    Sep 2011
    Lurking in the Chung sub-forum

ok! soooo...
    i recently made an RG/NB and i'm a little..stuck i guess? i don't wanna nab a b-slot so early for a character i may/may not like, so i guess i'm asking if you have any 4-skill recommendations for people starting out with this particular class; from mid-RG(20-30) to beginner-NB(40) specifically?

&&sorry if that's too much--i'll re-flip through your guide for myself, on the off-chance that this question was already covered andijustmisseditorsomething. either way, thanks for the tips ! ;;v;;
    You won't have much to work with at early RG, but you'll at least have access to Soul Extortion, which should get put on your skill bar ASAP. At lv30 with only an A-Slot, I'd probably be running something like this:

Soul Extortion and Stomp are your quick switches, Flick Shot is for easy clearing in low-level dungeons, and the last skill can be multiple things depending on the circumstance. If you don't mind swapping mid-dungeon, I'd say carry Strong Strike there, then swap it out for Nether Shredder at the boss.

At lv40, you've got a few more options:

There's another wild card here because you could either stick on Flick Shot, or use Strong Strike (while leveling though, it's always a good idea to keep at least one of each skill type on your bar in case a Random Mission for Actives shows up). If you reach this point and decide to grab them a B-Slot, then you could have something like this:

Hope that helps! I'm not used to making A-slot sets I just get all of my characters B-slots right away ;-;

Velder Noble
    May 2013
    ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
    You won't have much to work with at early RG, but you'll at least have access to Soul Extortion, which should get put on your skill bar ASAP. At lv30 with only an A-Slot, I'd probably be running something like this:
    Spoiler:

Soul Extortion and Stomp are your quick switches, Flick Shot is for easy clearing in low-level dungeons, and the last skill can be multiple things depending on the circumstance. If you don't mind swapping mid-dungeon, I'd say carry Strong Strike there, then swap it out for Nether Shredder at the boss.

At lv40, you've got a few more options:

There's another wild card here because you could either stick on Flick Shot, or use Strong Strike (while leveling though, it's always a good idea to keep at least one of each skill type on your bar in case a Random Mission for Actives shows up). If you reach this point and decide to grab them a B-Slot, then you could have something like this:

Hope that helps! I'm not used to making A-slot sets I just get all of my characters B-slots right away ;-;

oh gosh, that's perfect. thanks a bunch, Arky ! ♥

Feita Knight
    Sep 2011
    The guide's been updated to the 5/18 "Balance" Patch.

Feita Knight
    Sep 2011
    Updated for today's Balance Patch, aka "give NB all the Critical attributes and call it a day" patch.

Elder Citizen
    Oct 2012
    Belgium, land of chocolate.
    A few things I have issues with :

Soul Eruption
    -It only uses 2 souls. Yes, it gets boosted by having 3 to 5 souls, but it still only uses 2. And 2 souls is not at all a bad thing in PvE because you get them so quickly anyway. Heck, Soul Eruption itself already gives you 1 soul back because it hits 5 times, so you're only losing ONE. There's little reason to skip this active outside of just not having enough room on your skill bar.
    -I'm a personal fan of Super Armor on it, especially for secrets and hero mode because stuff there likes to use super armor (or worse, super armor bursts) against you. Fight fire with fire? Empowered is ofc a valid option either way.

Magdonic Cannon
    -It's not actually a joke. It's quite decent if you use it well. No, it doesnt increase in damage for pulling more enemies. The whole description is pretty much just flavour text. It has one hit count and one only. It deals 4.1k% full hits (it stops at walls, use that to your advantage) which is the same as all 3 shots of Twilight Judgement. A very viable replacement or even just extra skill to have around for CP cycling. It only costs 160 MP just like Flick Shot if you use it below 5 CP too so hey, why not?

Fantasy Impromptu - 2
    -If you're complaining about juggling you're using it in the wrong situations. It's either a radial clear for trash monsters or a bossing move. And bosses dont really get juggled often except like....type H. Either way, Useful is just better than Empowered. And it's muuuuch better than Eschaton on somewhat smaller bosses. 8.4k% is nothing to laugh at, and what are you going to do with your 10 CP while Eschaton is still on cooldown. Remember, Nobility's cd reduction will lower Eschaton's too if you use FI-2 while it's on CD

Other than that, pretty good guide~

Feita Knight
    Sep 2011
    A few things I have issues with :

Soul Eruption
    -It only uses 2 souls. Yes, it gets boosted by having 3 to 5 souls, but it still only uses 2. And 2 souls is not at all a bad thing in PvE because you get them so quickly anyway. Heck, Soul Eruption itself already gives you 1 soul back because it hits 5 times, so you're only losing ONE. There's little reason to skip this active outside of just not having enough room on your skill bar.
    -I'm a personal fan of Super Armor on it, especially for secrets and hero mode because stuff there likes to use super armor (or worse, super armor bursts) against you. Fight fire with fire? Empowered is ofc a valid option either way.

Magdonic Cannon
    -It's not actually a joke. It's quite decent if you use it well. No, it doesnt increase in damage for pulling more enemies. The whole description is pretty much just flavour text. It has one hit count and one only. It deals 4.1k% full hits (it stops at walls, use that to your advantage) which is the same as all 3 shots of Twilight Judgement. A very viable replacement or even just extra skill to have around for CP cycling. It only costs 160 MP just like Flick Shot if you use it below 5 CP too so hey, why not?

Fantasy Impromptu - 2
    -If you're complaining about juggling you're using it in the wrong situations. It's either a radial clear for trash monsters or a bossing move. And bosses dont really get juggled often except like....type H. Either way, Useful is better than Empowered either way. And it's muuuuch better than Eschaton on somewhat smaller bosses. 8.4k% is nothing to laugh at, and what are you going to do with your 10 CP while Eschaton is still on cooldown. Remember, Nobility's cd reduction will lower Eschaton's too if you use FI-2 while it's on CD

Other than that, pretty good guide~
    - I think Soul Eruption just clashes with my playstyle a lot, lol. Since I picked up NB before they were buffed, I hard-drilled the old stacking mechanics for Noble Presence into my mind, which has led to me being wary of not getting good use out of my stacks of Gathered Souls. I like to use them, and get them back ASAP, and I don't always have ample time to do so in party play.

- I won't talk too much about Magdonic Cannon for now, the stuff in the Transcendence spoiler is just there as my current opinions on the skills. I won't officially add that info to the guide until we get Transcendence here, and I've had a good chance to test it out on my NA account (I do have a KR account, but I rarely use it).

- FI2 has been consistently left out of my builds for a long time for a few reasons: I find that when I carry it, I almost never have a chance to use it where Eschaton or Shadow Bolt wouldn't have done a better job, and I just don't have room for it. There's also the issue that my NB doesn't have an extended Quick Slot, so I can't clock for CP quite as fast as a lot of players. Still, I'd be willing to give it another chance once Transcendence rolls around and there's more space on my skill bar xD

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions on the guide. Like I said at the start, I always enjoy seeing the perspectives of other players, as it helps me grow my knowledge about the class, and make the guide better~

Elder Citizen
    Oct 2012
    Belgium, land of chocolate.
    - FI2 has been consistently left out of my builds for a long time for a few reasons: I find that when I carry it, I almost never have a chance to use it where Eschaton or Shadow Bolt wouldn't have done a better job, and I just don't have room for it. There's also the issue that my NB doesn't have an extended Quick Slot, so I can't clock for CP quite as fast as a lot of players. Still, I'd be willing to give it another chance once Transcendence rolls around and there's more space on my skill bar xD
    Funny that you bring up Shadow Bolt. What I personally always do is drop shadow bolt to reach 10 CP then use FI-2 to burn it while Shadow Bolt is going. Shadow Bolt's hits stop FI-2 from moving the boss much if they can be juggled around, and both skills last about the same time.

And with Transcendence, bonus points that Liberated Will immediately affects anything you're doing the moment you drop below 5 CP, so the Shadow Bolt hits while you're doing FI-2 are all boosted by the 10% extra crit/max you get from low CP. This includes the combi skills themselves too ofc, they automatically get the bonus because they start hitting after you spend your CP causing LW to trigger.
    The extra skill slots are a big help, I can tell you that much, haha.

Feita Knight
    Sep 2011
    And with Transcendence, bonus points that Liberated Will immediately affects anything you're doing the moment you drop below 5 CP, so the Shadow Bolt hits while you're doing FI-2 are all boosted by the 10% extra crit/max you get from low CP. This includes the combi skills themselves too ofc, they automatically get the bonus because they start hitting after you spend your CP causing LW to trigger.
    The extra skill slots are a big help, I can tell you that much, haha.
    I actually didn't think about that before, that makes it quite handy for boosting out Combination Skills. Sounds like I really should invest in a Quick Slot extension soon :P

Lanox Oracle
    Dec 2013
    Just a question, but what is your opinion of an active-less skill build? I personally run Soul Extortion, Stomp, Spectral Spear, Marbas, Eschaton, Flick Shot, Shadow Bolt and FI-2. I used to have Hunting Prey instead of Stomp, but replaced it when Spectral Spear's cooldown was really getting to me, and I'm finding that I don't have many opportunities to even use normals at all.

This is in SDs, by the way.

Feita Knight
    Sep 2011
    Just a question, but what is your opinion of an active-less skill build? I personally run Soul Extortion, Stomp, Spectral Spear, Marbas, Eschaton, Flick Shot, Shadow Bolt and FI-2. I used to have Hunting Prey instead of Stomp, but replaced it when Spectral Spear's cooldown was really getting to me, and I'm finding that I don't have many opportunities to even use normals at all.

This is in SDs, by the way.
    A build with no Actives would probably work fine on Noblesse, I just like to have one on hand for if a Random Mission that requires Active skills shows up.

•