Ruben Villager
    Mar 2011

In-Depth Heroic (Hell) Guide

I made this guide to try to help reduce the number of stupid people on the queue.

Alas, as it is the hardest dungeon content in the game, there's a lot more to it than simply just running it, chugging mana, and throwing out all your room clear skills. It has a strangely large amount of preparation to it.

But as it is a video, all of the information I need say is down below.

[Removed]

Also, I really need a graphic designer to make my thumbnails. D:
    : Censor bypass

Bethma Guard
    Oct 2014
    Good! Great! Awesome! Outstanding! AMAZING!!
    Pretty nice guide, sadly almost no-one browses the Forums, even less some Guides, but hopefully one or two Hero Hell n00bies will learn from this.

As for the video itself, all you need to do is lower the BGM's volume in the later half, it was kinda hard to hear you.

Feita Knight
    Apr 2013
    While I don't have the time to critique on the actual content of your video guide, I will take the time to point out something that was rather annoying about your guide.

As someone who has created a guide before, as well as having helped and critiqued other guides on these forums, I do believe that a certain amount of professionalism should be shown in your guide. It establishes credibility as an author and also means that you're less likely to offend anybody. Even if you acted professionally for the majority of the guide, a small slip in professionalism could potentially ruin the rest of the guide. This is what made me rather sour about your video:

Sorry about the quality, I had to take the screenshot on my phone because the video wasn't loading properly on my desktop browser for whatever reason. But this should be enough to illustrate my point. Here is the dungeon result screen for the Avalanche run that you seem to be proud of, along with a crop of the credits scene where you thank the "randumbs" who appear to have carried you.

First, I would avoid calling people "randumbs". Even if you did carry them, that's simply unprofessional. There are better euphemisms that can be used that don't make you sound as arrogant. It ruins your credibility as a guide maker.

Second, I would avoid calling people "randumbs" especially when they are the ones who carried you. Those damage scores are nearly two times or three times more than yours. That amount of difference is not something you can write off very easily. Your arrogance to call these players as "randumbs" is completely unwarranted and reflects on you poorly.

I'm not asking you to credit players who show up in your videos. I don't think anyone particularly cares if they get credit or not. What I am asking you is to stay professional and not write off other players derogatorily, whether you carried them or they carried you or no one carried at all. Not only do I know these players rather well, but I also do know that their abilities as players are far beyond yours. I find it distasteful how unprofessional and disrespectful you were when you decided to "acknowledge" them.

That's my input. In the future, if you want to be an ill-mannered person against strangers who did you well, it'd be best for you to do that in private. Not in a public guide where people evaluate both your content and you as an author.

Ruben Villager
    Jul 2016
    Wish I had a guide before using like 50 heroic invitations. I cleared the first two I ever did and then never again...
    : adding info

Ruben Villager
    Mar 2011
    Here I see two people benefiting from this guide, and someone writing me an essay on my word choice. D:
    I will say however, considering I had a low damage output in that run, I really should've used another one. xD You're right on that. I blame that I was chatting during that run, but it's not like I really NEED to make excuses right now or anything. -w-

[Removed]
    Well, dang, I tried.
    'ey, mods. If you see this thread? Can you do me a favor and bomb it?

Feita Knight
    Apr 2013
    It looks like my point was missed.

I don't see anything where you acknowledge your rudeness. I take it that rather than simply being respectful and professional in your guides, you'd rather go and find footage where you do carry "randumbs" just so you can have the right to call them "randumbs" at the end of it? How classy.

Elder Citizen
    Jun 2016
    I actually saw 1 guy on the forum saying he's running heroic with a 1st job character He leech at people doing heroic i guess ? Well im just saying i wont even bother giving his name since its not worth that much and i dont pretty much do heroic atm , Well will probably be doing it but solo .

(ヽยดω`)
    Mar 2011
    piglet my guy
    Well, dang, I tried.
    'ey, mods. If you see this thread? Can you do me a favor and bomb it?
    If you want to request lock, there's a report button for a reason.

Locking upon request.

Market thread || Code of Conduct || avi by Y0na

•