Hamel Guardian
    Dec 2014
    Commencing the Cromwell invocation.

Elrios Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sult

So when researching Norse mythologies I found something interesting and noteworthy, wanting to share with y'all.

On one side we have demon god Sult in Ranox:

1) The name Sult.

2) Leader of the demons and enemy of the gods.

3) A giant.

4) Having blackened than ink skin.

5) Crawling out of a volcano when resurrected.

6) Residing in the land of volcanoes, fire and ruins.

7) Demons from demon realm were his underling.

8) His minions were lava monsters with the same element as him.

9) Having the power to scorch and destroy Elrios.

10) A title you can gain in Ranox, Dancing Flame Weapon (title), illustrated with a bright sword made of flame. Functioning by invoking natural disasters like meteors and firestorms.

On other side we have Surt, a key character who set Ragnarok into motion:

1) The name Surt. Only one different word in the name comparing to Sult.

2) Leader of the forces which attacking and slain most of the Nordic gods.

3) Surt is a fire giant.

4) Having blackened and charred skin. Surt literally means "black" in Old Norse laguage.

5) God of volcanoes. He was thought to be the driving forces of erupting volcanoes by Nordic people in the past. Unsurprisingly because his realm was...

6) Muspelheim, homeworld of the fire giants ( aka jötunn) - main enemies of Norse gods. A world littered with fiery things like fire, volcanoes, lava...

7) He also leads the residences of Hel - Nordic realm of the death, to Ragnarok to battle the Nordic gods.

8) Like I said, he is a fire giant, he leads other fire giants who are also his kin.

9) Surt engulfs the whole world and that's how the world is destroyed after Ragnarok. Everyone died.

10) Unsurprisingly, Surt bearing a flaming sword as his weapon. And his abilities including scorching the whole world in fire.

Extra: the altar used to resurrect Sult incorporating multiple symbols which greatly resembling Nordic runes on its pillars: and and , among the others if any.

So it led me to the inevitable conclusion that Sult already destroyed Elrios (the name is misleading, Elrios is only named when the El Crystal landed on the death continent), rendering the land a death world and killed most of god, with Henir as one survivor. Ishmael butted in, decided to send El Crystal to resurrect the broken world, but Henir had other plans for the world and so Henir fanatics kept undermining the El Crystal and harming El Lady in process.

"Chekov's guns kept hanging" you say? But I beg to differ.

Prince
    Apr 2011
    New York
    Yes, Elsword has a lot of references to Norse mythology.
    Credits to Maiid for the bawse sig~ I love my Lexi <3
    If you have any concerns or suggestions regarding Elwiki, please message me. http://fudanshota.tumblr.com/ Apparently, my tumblr.

Elder Citizen
    Nov 2013
    Lächeln
    My only problem with this wonderful theory is the lack of Ratatoskr.

Elder Citizen
    Aug 2012
    Wandering the internet with only the head. Other limbs are somewhere else.
    A few things:

Henir along with Elia were the two original gods. Elia then created the material world, and demon realm came into existence as a feedback. Ishmael was the one to actually care about the material world.

Surtr is a demon god so his existence should be the same time with when demon realm was created as feedback, meaning after Henir and Elia had "bye see you never" to the material world. As mentioned, Henir and Elia were the two original gods so there shouldn't be any other deities prior to them and since Surtr existence was sometime later, I don't think he killed any God with Henir as the only survivor.

Yes, he must have caused quite a rampage at some point in history and was killed by someone but I don't think he exist around the same time as Henir and Elia

Hamel Guardian
    Dec 2014
    My only problem with this wonderful theory is the lack of Ratatoskr.
    I couldn't find clues of such a thing. Could you please elaborate on where should I start from please?

A few things:

Henir along with Elia were the two original gods. Elia then created the material world, and demon realm came into existence as a feedback. Ishmael was the one to actually care about the material world.

Surtr is a demon god so his existence should be the same time with when demon realm was created as feedback, meaning after Henir and Elia had "bye see you never" to the material world. As mentioned, Henir and Elia were the two original gods so there shouldn't be any other deities prior to them and since Surtr existence was sometime later, I don't think he killed any God with Henir as the only survivor.

Yes, he must have caused quite a rampage at some point in history and was killed by someone but I don't think he exist around the same time as Henir and Elia
    It wasn't said that there were ONLY Elia and Henir anyway, if not then why later Ishmael was also mentioned as a goddess.

Elder Citizen
    Aug 2012
    "In the beginning, there was the god of darkness, Henir, and the god of light, Elia. Elia created the material realm, but the demon realm was created as a feedback to its creation. The one who treasured this material realm the most was goddess Ishmael, who served Elia."

In the beginning, there were only those two. Ishmael served Elia so appeared/created later

Yes, there may be other gods and goddesses beside Ishmael, but none of them exist before Henir and Elia

Prince
    Apr 2011
    New York
    Ratatoskr is a mythical squirrel messenger that delivers messages from Vedhrfolnir across Yggdrasil to Niddhogr.
    Credits to Maiid for the bawse sig~ I love my Lexi <3
    If you have any concerns or suggestions regarding Elwiki, please message me. http://fudanshota.tumblr.com/ Apparently, my tumblr.

Hamel Guardian
    Dec 2014
    "In the beginning, there was the god of darkness, Henir, and the god of light, Elia. Elia created the material realm, but the demon realm was created as a feedback to its creation. The one who treasured this material realm the most was goddess Ishmael, who served Elia."

In the beginning, there were only those two. Ishmael served Elia so appeared/created later

Yes, there may be other gods and goddesses beside Ishmael, but none of them exist before Henir and Elia
    I'm genuinely curious, what did that piece of information having anything to do with my OP? Why there needed to be gods coming to be before Henir for it to matter, given that Ragnarok happened after Henir was a thing anyway?

Ratatoskr is a mythical squirrel messenger that delivers messages from Vedhrfolnir across Yggdrasil to Niddhogr.
    Yeah but I don't know what does that squirrel do in Elsword. I just heard of that name and searched google and find just that exact detail.
    : confused -> curious

Elder Citizen
    Aug 2012
    I'm genuinely confused, what did that piece of information having anything to do with my OP? Why there needed to be gods coming to be before Henir for it to matter, given that Ragnarok happened after Henir was a thing anyway?
    Because in your theory, you said Surtr killed all the gods and Henir was the only survivor, then Ishmael throw the El down to the material realm to fix it which I don't see how it can directly or indirectly stop Surtr. So implying that Surtr existed at the same time as the two original gods doesn't sound plausible, he's a demon god while demon realm only came into existence some time after.

In a book from Prose Edda, specifically chapter 4, prior to Ragnarok, Surtr is mentioned to stand guard the frontier of Muspell, and in same chapter there's this line

"at the end of the world he will go and wage war and defeat all the gods and burn the whole world with fire"

End of world aka Ragnarok. Meaning his first debut at war is Ragnarok along with son of Muspell, and like you mentioned, Ragnarok took place AFTER Henir was a thing--->Surtr only appear AFTER Henir and Elia, not at the same time as them

And which event in Elsword are you preferring as Ragnarok?

Hamel Guardian
    Dec 2014
    Because in your theory, you said Surtr killed all the gods and Henir was the only survivor, then Ishmael throw the El down to the material realm to fix it which I don't see how it can directly or indirectly stop Surtr. So implying that Surtr existed at the same time as the two original gods doesn't sound plausible, he's a demon god while demon realm only came into existence some time after.

In a book from Prose Edda, specifically chapter 4, prior to Ragnarok, Surtr is mentioned to stand guard the frontier of Muspell, and in same chapter there's this line

"at the end of the world he will go and wage war and defeat all the gods and burn the whole world with fire"

End of world aka Ragnarok. Meaning his first debut at war is Ragnarok along with son of Muspell, and like you mentioned, Ragnarok took place AFTER Henir was a thing--->Surtr only appear AFTER Henir and Elia, not at the same time as them

And which event in Elsword are you preferring as Ragnarok?
    You misread it then, I said "rendering the land a death world and killed most of god, with Henir as one survivor". And I didn't say that Ishmael stopping Sult or anything, how could you interpret it that way?

And I didn't intend to resolve whether Sult became a thing before or after Henir or anything, that's beyond my subject. When writing that I never thought why did it matter for Sult to be a thing before or after Henir. My OP is entirely not based on that matter anyway, and I don't think the appearance of Sult before or after Henir would affect my OP in any way. It's redundant.

Unless you think you can understand my post better than me myself then please elaborating on what part of my post could lead to what you interpreted as I came to the conclusion that Sult appeared before or the same time as Henir, and what it had to do with anything.

Ragnarok is inside the very Elwiki Henir's page: http://elwiki.net/w/Henir's_Time_and_Space

I thought that if you can find the "lore" page then you could also find the Henir page as easy, if not more. Who cares about lore anyway?

•