Sander Chieftain
    Sep 2015
    At Nemmy's feet

Can someone explain me...

... why pixiv artists feel the need to put Rena (especially NW) on a cross? Did she die for their sins or is a witch hunt going on?

Sander Chieftain
    Sep 2015
    At Nemmy's feet
    Apparently Rena is as dead as this thread.

Ruben Villager
    Sep 2015
    Uh... I've never seen such art, so I don't know how much help I could be on this subject. I do think we should be grateful of any art of our beloved Rena that is produced, though. It means she is not forgotten in favor of the newer, better, but never more beautiful characters of the Elsword cast.

Captain Aisha
    Jan 2012
    Outside of reality
    im not sure which art pieces you are referring to specifically. But i do remember something similar and the reason was because NW resemble one character from an vocaloid thing video song, which is about a witch who is burned at the stake and then reborn as a phoenix (something like that). Although this might not be the case for the art pieces you mentioned since i dont know which one specifically you are referring to

Sander Chieftain
    Sep 2015
    At Nemmy's feet
    There is not a specific one to refer to, since it has kinda become its own meme with too many instances for me to count.

Sander Chieftain
    Oct 2012
    404 Not Found
    I've actually been wondering the same thing of why there's so many fanarts of NW on a cross.

im not sure which art pieces you are referring to specifically. But i do remember something similar and the reason was because NW resemble one character from an vocaloid thing video song, which is about a witch who is burned at the stake and then reborn as a phoenix (something like that). Although this might not be the case for the art pieces you mentioned since i dont know which one specifically you are referring to
    I think I know what vocaloid song you're talking about but NW doesn't really resemble the witch at all since the witch's design is based on Luka

Hamel Guardian
    Dec 2013
    闇の世界!? Nah.
    Briar Trap/Seed of Wrath = Spiky = Symbolism of a Martyr?

idk...too deep for me...maybe the artists just hate her in PVP

Captain Aisha
    Jan 2012
    Outside of reality
    I've actually been wondering the same thing of why there's so many fanarts of NW on a cross.

I think I know what vocaloid song you're talking about but NW doesn't really resemble the witch at all since the witch's design is based on Luka
    I remember seeing a blonde girl with wavy long hair in slave like attire though. Perhaps a blonde luka? To be fair i dont remember since its been quire a few years since i stop hearing vocaloid songs > .<

Hamel Guardian
    Dec 2013
    闇の世界!? Nah.
    I remember seeing a blonde girl with wavy long hair in slave like attire though. Perhaps a blonde luka? To be fair i dont remember since its been quire a few years since i stop hearing vocaloid songs > .<
    When Rena was actually blonde. The good ole' days~

Hamel Guardian
    Dec 2014
    Commencing the Cromwell invocation.

•