Ruben Villager
    Mar 2016

Blacksmith: Advance Enhancement

Caution 1: Enhancing is all RNG. Enhance on your own risk.
    Caution 2: All numbers presented here are just estimates based from my statistics and might not be 100% accurate.
    Caution 3: If you're looking how to enhance gear to +11 or above this guide is not for you, as advance enhancement dont give +2 and +3 procs past +10. This guide does not covers advance enhancement with fluorites.

Hello. As lvl10 blacksmith I benchmarked the profession for some time and decided to write a guide on advance enhancement and share some statistics on it. The data presented here was obtained in three steps:

1. First I estimated enhancement probabilities for +5, +6, +7 equipment in over 1000 enhancement attempts. I was gathering data in early December 2016 (after it got a lot easier to get to +7 normally) what should be still correct now (April 2017)
    Here is my enhancement table:
    +0 - +4: does not really matter, you will get to +5 on average in 7-8 enhancement attempts anyway;
    +1 0 -1 Reset Break
    +5: 60±6% 20±4% 20±4% - -
    +6: 20±4% 20±4% 30±5% 20±5% 10±3%
    +7: ~6±2% ~14±6% 30±8% 40±8% 10±4%
    +8 and higher: Is too expensive to test properly. I did get to +9 2 times from ~50 attempts but this is too little for proper statistic.

2. Then I have tested the advance enhancement probabilities. Advance enhancement works as followed: first the system tries to enhance the item normally to see what happens to it (+1, 0, -1, reset or break), than depending on result it rolls the chances for adding blacksmith effect (+1 -> +3, +1-> +2, 0-> +1, -1-> 0, reset -> break, break -> -1). Here are the proc rates for lvl 10 blacksmith:
    reset -> break : 40±14%
    break -> -1: ~40%
    -1 -> 0: 40±10%
    0 -> +1: 12±4%
    +1 -> +2: 20±4%
    +1 -> +3: 8±2%

So for example if you enhance a +6 equipment and normally would get +0, with advance enhancement you will have ~12% chance to get to +7 instead.
    Accordingly, the +5-+7 enhancement table for advance enhancement for a lvl 10 blacksmith is:

+3 +2 +1 0 -1 Reset Break
    +5: ~5.4% ~12% ~50.6% ~20% ~12% - -
    +6: ~1.6% ~4% ~16.8% ~29.6% ~22% ~12% ~14%
    +7: ~0.48% ~1.2% ~6% ~24.32% ~22% ~24% ~22%

Note: +2 and +3 advance enhancements cannot enhance items past +10.
    Note 2 (Items breaking more regularly while advance enhancing): As visible from the table, if you advance enhance +7 item you have ~22% chance of breaking it. Normally this value is only ~10%. Hence advance enhancement will break consistently more +7 items than normal enhancement.

3. Lastly I have written a simple code to simulate a million advance enhancement attempts with the probabilities estimated in part 1 and part 2. The probabilities to enhance a item to some enhancement level depends on which enhancements you're using advance enhancement. Mindless mashing of advance enhancement button does not always produce the best chances to get high enhancement equipment. Here are the best ways to enhance deducted from the code:

If you want a +8:
    Best way to get to +8 is to use advance enhancement only on gear at +5 and +6 (at all other enhancement should be done at NPC blacksmith)
    Success rate: 45% -> 40% to get to +8, with 5% chance to get to +9 instead
    Cost per 1 success: 49 enhancement stones, 9.3 mithril gemstones and 7 mithril sculptures

Alternative: to save mithril sculptures you can advance enhance at +5 (at all other enhancement should be done at NPC blacksmith)
    Success rate: 40%
    Cost per 1 success: 76 enhancement stones, 15.3 mithril gemstones
    On average 4 in 10 equipment

If you want a +9:
    Best way to get to +9 is to use advance enhancement at +6 and +7 only (other enhancements normal)
    Success rate: 10% -> 9.5% to get +9 and 0.5% to get +10 istead
    Cost per 1 success: 256 enhancement stones, 56 mithril sculptures
    On average 1 in 10 equipment

Alternative: if you want better chance to get +10 instead: advance enhancement on gear at +5, +6, +7, +8
    Success rate: 9.5% -> 8.4% to get to +9, with 1.1% chance to get to +10 instead
    Cost per 1 success: 258 enhancement stones, 45 mithril gemstones and 54 mithril sculptures
    On average 1 in 10 equipment

If you want a +10:
    Best way to get to +9 is to use advance enhancement on gear at +5, +7, +8 (normal enhancement at +6).
    Success rate: 1.38% to +10
    Cost per 1 success: 2273 enhancement stones, 421 mithril gemstones and 183 mithril sculptures
    Note: since I dont know enhancement probabilities at +9, here I count them as breaks. You can expect 2 +9 equipments before crafting a +10 in this way.
    On average 1 in 80 equipment

The success rates and material costs presented here are averaged to get the desired enhancement value. In the end it is all RNG. You can get your +9 on the first try, or at a lot higher cost. The probability of reaching the desired enhancement with less than the average cost is 50%.
    Also since even to get to +8 on average is pretty unlikely (~40% for the lvl10 blacksmith), I dont recommend advance enhancing anything too precious. For your legendary weapon you will need fluorites and restoration scrolls instead. The best thing to use advance enhancement are the SD sets due to sufficient supply from the market.

------------------------------------------------------------------
    Case of lower lvl blacksmiths:
    There were previously been discussions that lower lvl blacksmiths (lvl6-9) could have better probability of reaching high enhancements than lvl10 due to breaking less frequently (reset -> break proc). I tried to play with the numbers for the blacksmith profession trying to see how it would affect the enhancing probabilities. What I found out is that actually the blacksmith profession for lvl10 blacksmith is optimized to give best enhancement values. So even-through lvl10 blacksmith will break stuff more often, he will also get to higher enhancements faster with less materials and should be more profitable than lower lvl blacksmiths. As side effect, for lower lvl blacksmiths it might be better to pray for +3 enhancement on desired enhancement value:
    +8: from +5->+8 (advance enhancement only at +5)
    +9: from +6->+9 (advance enhancement only at +6)
    +10: from +7->+10 (advance enhancement only at +5 and +7)
    Also expect increase of material costs (enhancement stones, mythril) and lower success rate than lvl10 blacksmith.

Hope this guide is useful for someone.

Ruben Villager
    Jan 2017
    ShotaLandu
    very nice guide, gives so much insight into blacksmith (currently trying to make a lvl 10 bs atm also) i do have a question though

if I were to try get an equipment to 10+ would it be more efficient to yolo for 3+ from 7 or 2 from 8 or would using flourites be worth it combined with the better rates blacksmith provides
    (looking at elwiki it says once BS becomes lvl 6 the break proc becomes high, would you recommend lvl 6 if someone wanted to be a flourite enhancer or would staying lvl 5 be safer)

thanks for the guide!

Ruben Villager
    Mar 2016
    if I were to try get an equipment to 10+ would it be more efficient to yolo for 3+ from 7 or 2 from 8 or would using flourites be worth it combined with the better rates blacksmith provides
    Getting a +10 as a blacksmith ... remembers the pain of breaking stuff for 3 hours, burning 6M ED per min... ugh, where was I? Ah right...

I have enhanced to +10, 6 items so far. All of them were from the yolo 3+ at 7 -> 10. Still in principle the chances to get +2 on +8 enhancement are higher than +3 at +7. Nevertheless +8's are harder to get. For +10 crafting I recommend advance enhancement at +5 (for better chances getting +7/+8 equipment) and than advance enhancement at +7 and +8 for the chance to get to +10. Still the chances are REALLY REALLY low: for a lvl10 blacksmith on average only 1 out of 80 equipments will survive to +10.

Fluorites definitely would help A LOT. Still, I think lvl10 blacksmith will get on average to +10 cheaper without using fluorites than by using them (but depends on the item). If you're enhancing SD weapons (~10M per piece), a lvl 10 blacksmith has a decent chance of getting +10 SD weapon in 1B ED (if there will be enough Sacrificed adventures weapons and materials on the board). On other hand, you could also burn 1B and have nothing in return, so I dont like +10 enhancements. For anything more expensive than 10M per piece (henrir, heroics, void lol), fluorites and restoration scrolls with advance enhancement are the best. But really you should leave flourites + advance enhancements for enhancement events.

(looking at elwiki it says once BS becomes lvl 6 the break proc becomes high, would you recommend lvl 6 if someone wanted to be a flourite enhancer or would staying lvl 5 be safer)
    What wiki here says, that the chances of reset into break becomes high. The normal break chance stays the same. Flourites protect from resets, so while using fluorites you will not get reset into break procs (you can still break your equipment on normal break proc however). This means that when using flourites you want the best chances of success, while you're dont care about reset -> break. So for flourite enhancer you want the highest possible blacksmith lvl.

Even without using flourites, lvl 5 blacksmith while breaking less stuff than lvl10 one, will enhance slower due to lower chances of getting +2 or +3. So lvl5 blacksmith will spend more time on the same equipment and inherently will have more chances of breaking it (compared to lvl10 one). I dont know how will lvl5 and lvl10 compare in the end, but the way the values of advance enhancement are tuned for lvl10 blacksmith, I believe (cannot support with any real data) that lvl10 blacksmith will reach higher enhancements faster (time and items used) and cheaper (amount of material used) than lvl 5,6,7,8 or 9 blacksmiths. Also he will work A LOT better if enhancing with fluorites (since they protect from reset).

May RNG be with you!

Ruben Villager
    Jan 2017
    ShotaLandu
    @Chaoska

thanks alot for the reply, that makes alot of sense now
    really appreciate it!

(also what ive found with leveling blacksmith when dismantling 8+ or higher dungeon boss equip it gives quite alot of exp but I cant say for sure since im only lvl 5.5

gonna cry at lvl 8 for sure

Ruben Villager
    Mar 2016

(also what ive found with leveling blacksmith when dismantling 8+ or higher dungeon boss equip it gives quite alot of exp but I cant say for sure since im only lvl 5.5
    Leveling blacksmith is really painful past lvl6. But here are some tips:
    1. You get more exp for dismantling than enhancing. So dismantling gear is preferable to save mithril material and ED;
    2. Dismantling exp depends on the region of the gear (Elysion, Lanox, Sander...) with higher ones giving more than lower ones. It does not depend if you're dismantling glove or weapon. I'm not sure if rarity affect the exp (elite, rare, normal), but it seemed not to play any big role;
    3. You get more exp by dismantling higher enhancement gear. Not sure about +9 and above (you probably should leave it when you're high lvl blacksmith anyway for better chances to get a high lvl amulet). (+8 and +7) gear gives you 6 times more exp than (+0, +1, +2, +3). (+6, +5, +4) gives you double exp compared to (+0, +1, +2, +3). Since +6 dismantling requires mithril sculptures and gives the same exp as +5, you should never dismantle +6 equipments.

I got my blacksmith during the transcendence event last year (when you got a free lvl 70 character). Everyone was playing SD dungeons to transcend, so blacksmith materials were really cheap. I was mainly advance dismantling (+0) equipment bought from Lanox NPC blacksmith on my fresh lvl 72 character to lvl up the profession and selling compact armor/weapon scraps what were hot materials to craft SD sets back than. This way I could reduce the price to lvl blacksmith, in fact I even managed to earn ED. I also recorded some statistics on the number of advanced dismantles needed to lvl up:
    lvl 9-> lvl 10: advance dismantle 11111 times (+0 to +3) lvl 72 equipments
    lvl 8-> lvl 9: advance dismantle ~8000 times (+0 to +3) lvl 72 equipments
    lvl 7-> lvl 8: advance dismantle ~5000 times (+0 to +3) lvl 72 equipments
    lvl 6-> lvl 7: advance dismantle ~3000 times (+0 to +3) lvl 72 equipments
    lvl 5-> lvl6: advance dismantle ~1320 times (+0 to +3) lvl 72 equipments
    lvl 4-> lvl5: advance dismantle ~440 times (+0 to +3) lvl 72 equipments
    lvl 3-> lvl4: advance dismantle ~300 times (+0 to +3) lvl 72 equipments
    lvl 0-> lvl3: really fast

Right now the prices for mithril are really high since there are not much treasure hunters running dungens nowadays (please KOG buff the amount of mithril they are getting TT). So it is REALY expensive to lvl up blacksmith. I would recommend to wait for some event promoting people running dungeons again for lvl uping your blacksmith, but no idea if there will be anything similar to Transcendence event any time soon.

Velder Noble
    Jan 2013
    ☆.。.:*・°☆ ~~Magical time and space~~
    My information is probably outdated, but I used to have a lv 9 blacksmith and I've never gotten any +10 weapon from advance enhancement. I did get some +9 on boss drops, but not a lot more than my friend's lv 5 blacksmith. Imo if u just want to gamble +10 boss weapons just lv 5 blacksmith is good enough, higher lv blacksmith only give noticeable better rate on dismantled amulets.

Ruben Villager
    Dec 2016
    This thread is VERY useful I didn't know that dismantling gave more then enhancing and +7 are much better than +6. I appreciate all the time, work and ED you spent to get estimates like this.

Elder Citizen
    Jul 2016
    What kind of materials will I get if I advance dismantle dungeon trash?

Elder Citizen
    Mar 2014
    In a Popcorn Cup
    What kind of materials will I get if I advance dismantle dungeon trash?
    You will get what you usually get from normal dismantle (eg Magical Crystals and Blessed Enhancement Stones), with increased chance of getting Mystery El Shards and Advanced Magic Stones as well.

Also, if you dismantle a high-enhancement weapon or gear, you may also get an amulet, at least +5 or +6 or even higher depending on what you dismantle.
    The higher lvl your Blacksmith is, the more chances you'll get better ammies from +8 or +9 items.

•