Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by reget View Post
    All of these restrictions for entering a tournament are kind of ridiculous. This is why players see player tournaments as a joke. Like, your disqualifying things like Crit damage and Skill damage? For what? And this hyper active ban! The skill has a 180 Seconds cool down and cost 300 mp that can't be decreased. I honestly see no point in banning this skill since most matches will end before the skill's cool down gets to the half way mark.
    Because giving a Iwin/Iclock button is never good. HA should not be seen in pvp, period.

Feita Knight
    MFW Eschaton can 100-0 even with those restrictions:
    \_(ツ)_/

Quote Originally Posted by reget View Post
    All of these restrictions for entering a tournament are kind of ridiculous. This is why players see player tournaments as a joke. Like, your disqualifying things like Crit damage and Skill damage? For what? And this hyper active ban! The skill has a 180 Seconds cool down and cost 300 mp that can't be decreased. I honestly see no point in banning this skill since most matches will end before the skill's cool down gets to the half way mark.
    Crit/skill damage boosts in spar settings are dumb. I can 100-0 squishy characters with Eschaton and 70-80% other characters. If I wore my HL + EOvD, I would be able to 100-0 everyone.

If most matches end "before the skill's cool down gets to the half way mark", then why would you want to unban HAs? Are you planning on timing people out for HAs yourself? :thinking:

Quote Originally Posted by 4Chan View Post
    Crit/skill damage boosts in spar settings are dumb. I can 100-0 squishy characters with Eschaton and 70-80% other characters. If I wore my HL + EOvD, I would be able to 100-0 everyone.

If most matches end "before the skill's cool down gets to the half way mark", then why would you want to unban HAs? Are you planning on timing people out for HAs yourself? :thinking:
    Just because you can 100-0 someone, doesn't mean everyone can. And you're behaving as if the whole tournament will be filled with nothing but "squishy characters". Stats, and what you have points invested into El res play a deent part in to your skill damage. I just find it hypercrital that skill damage boost are banned but skill rings are fair game.

The keyword is most. Not all matches will end before the timer comes off cool down.

Feita Knight
    Tournament rules are based on optimal stats and optimal play.
    With optimal stats and optimal play Eschaton 100-0s.

No body wants to face a clocking class in a tournament that can hyper them late game just because they have the MP. Allowing that is an awful idea.

The reason critical and other skill damage boost are banned is because they're stupid and excessive and only usually on IBs. Things everyone can't simply get like Skill rings and everything else.

Most IBs are just stats and you can get away with allowing those because it's not too bad. But when you give a character 10% more crit damage that's basically like giving them 10% extra damage on their normals, actives, and all of their skills. It's a dumb idea.

Also too much skill damage is bad, that's why there's a limit. No one wants every single match ending in 1 combo. We need at least some form of balance.

I think eventually we might end up banning skill boosting items all together (outside of ERP because you can't control that), but people are really against it atm.

Maybe someone should make a tournament to try it that out (banning skill rings and junk). wink wink nudge nudge

Quote Originally Posted by Hails View Post
    No body wants to face a clocking class in a tournament that can hyper them late game just because they have the MP. Allowing that is an awful idea.

The reason critical and other skill damage boost are banned is because they're stupid and excessive and only usually on IBs. Things everyone can't simply get like Skill rings and everything else.

Most IBs are just stats and you can get away with allowing those because it's not too bad. But when you give a character 10% more crit damage that's basically like giving them 10% extra damage on their normals, actives, and all of their skills. It's a dumb idea.

Also too much skill damage is bad, that's why there's a limit. No one wants every single match ending in 1 combo. We need at least some form of balance.

I think eventually we might end up banning skill boosting items all together (outside of ERP because you can't control that), but people are really against it atm.

Maybe someone should make a tournament to try it that out (banning skill rings and junk). wink wink nudge nudge
    This pretty much sums up why such rules are in place.

I'll pass along the request that is in bold ; I believe MrHazama will be hosting another tournament in a few months (He has mentioned a Summer tournament in Discord, but not 100% sure about it)
    BH for life. Please stop nerfing her
    Gear Tier (Original Post)

Because I'm really awful at keeping things together, I'm only able to update this post right now. Anyways! Thank you to all who have participated last month in the tourney, even if it's only a couple who played but we got a lot of support from stream community from what I've heard? Okay, that may be too off-topic, but anyways! Here are the results of last month's tournament!

Champion: Hails (Strezwei)
    2nd Place: Aaron (Treasure)
    3rd Place: Vaffle (VaffReverie)

In case you've missed the tournament or you just want to see it once more, you can watch it here:

❛❛ 死ねや雑魚が... 死ね死ね死ね死ね死ね死ねェ! ... そのまま死んどけ。 ❜❜
    「 Mekakucity Market 」- B/S/T/Service Thread *^* || [Okay] Guild Shop Thread OuO
    Art Source is by Kio & 子琊zya.