Ruben Villager
    Jul 2013
    Bikini Bottom

Need help with skills for PvE as WS!

Okay so I've been looking around the forums and I'm trying to set up skills correctly for my WS in PvE and I have a few questions as well! I feel like I'm falling behind everyone else I dungeon with even though she isn't a PvE goddess and she got that Violent attack nerf:/
    I'm not transcended yet so I need to know what skills to put in the 8 slots.Let me know the traits you put too.

Here are the questions:
    1. Is Nature's force needed? I feel like the 30% damage increase to the basic combos dont get that strong, how is it calculated?

2.When do I start using siege since I hear its good to utilize still, around bosses or trash mobs? and I hear that with the trans passive that gives mp upon using NF, she gets 5 Mp per shot back?

3. When you get the low kick/ back kick skill enhance, how do you initiate the loop to maximize the damage?

4. Should I be using the Killing blow trait or Light for Airelinna?

Thank you!~

Elysion Navigator
    Oct 2011
    Art Hell
    Okay so I've been looking around the forums and I'm trying to set up skills correctly for my WS in PvE and I have a few questions as well! I feel like I'm falling behind everyone else I dungeon with even though she isn't a PvE goddess and she got that Violent attack nerf:/
    I'm not transcended yet so I need to know what skills to put in the 8 slots.Let me know the traits you put too.

Here are the questions:
    1. Is Nature's force needed? I feel like the 30% damage increase to the basic combos dont get that strong, how is it calculated?

2.When do I start using siege since I hear its good to utilize still, around bosses or trash mobs? and I hear that with the trans passive that gives mp upon using NF, she gets 5 Mp per shot back?

3. When you get the low kick/ back kick skill enhance, how do you initiate the loop to maximize the damage?

4. Should I be using the Killing blow trait or Light for Airelinna?

Thank you!~
    1) its not just on combos. If it were it wouldn't be useful, but it influences all of your special actives (that deal physical damage anyways). Kick away.

2: mostly bosses. Mash X. im not sure how true the mana part is but smashing the Z button agains tmobs works too.

3: you don't need a specific order. if anything just stop using low kick and only take back kick.

4: It's all preference, but for the sake of mana efficiency, I prefer killing blow.

pre-trans im not good for skill slots but just say "Actives and Dive Kick Bombing"

Ruben Villager
    Jul 2013
    Bikini Bottom
    Thank you for your help so far! It sucks how the actives feel really weak though.

Edit* I tried testing out back kick and pressing it once again to activate low kick but it doesnt work. I've been slamming it and it says after a successful back kick, i already hit the enemy but It still wont work. Any clues guys?

Elder Citizen
    Jul 2012
    PDT
    Violent attack was only nerfed by ~27%. It's not that big compared to the previous nerfs she's gotten. Airelinna's healing was nerfed from 0.9%/sec to 0.3%/sec (66% nerf) and Nature's force was nerfed from +75%(+90% with skill ring) to 30%, a 40-66% nerf. In other words, it's still usable.

1. Since Nature's force was changed to affect physical special actives with that percentage nerf, the +30% will make Violent attack hit just as hard as the pre-nerf version without the buff active. It also makes Gryo Kick hit for 7507.5% in pve. lawl

2. The mp refund on siege comes from the orb proc. Since the trans passive was nerfed, you'll only get 3mp per volley (This passive has seen a 70% nerf since its release LOL). Siege also had its damage buffed, because KOG clearly wants renas to be braindead siege bots. Oh well. Go ahead and use it, try not to fall asleep doing so.

3. The enhance effect is broken. It's a pretty recent bug. No amount of mashing will make low kick come out. Just pretend it doesn't exist. Better yet, don't bring back kick or low kick into pve. They're waste of slots anyways.

4. Personal preference. The choices are balanced.

Ruben Villager
    May 2016
    Airelinna's healing was nerfed from 0.9%/sec to 0.3%/sec (66% nerf). Nature's force was nerfed from +75%(+90% with skill ring) to 30%, a 40-66% nerf. In other words, it's still usable.
    Airelinna isn't used for its heal, so this is irrelevant. Both of these are literally going all the way back to pre-renewal which is unnecessary.

- - - - - - - - - -

I personally use the following:

Siege, Airelinna, Tempest, HA, Gyro Kick
    Nature's Force, Back Kick, Crescent Kick, Phoenix Strike, Violent Attack

Be mindful with when you use Gyro Kick because it KDs.

1. There are some players that refuse to use Nature's Force because of its MP gain decrease from kicks and kick skills, which makes her MP gain harder that it already is, but the deficit isn't that big of a deal imo. When testing in the training room naked on Violent Attack, the net MP deficit didn't go above 10 MP. The one catch is that it only affects her kicks, so her arrows are unaffected.

2. Siege is the strongest active in the game that is also multipurpose. You're looking at 1842% damage per X-volley with the Empowered trait plus [Enhanced] before taking into account the NF-fuelled X-volley which would deal 2220%. If you were to do a full 8-shot Siege, you'll be looking at 14736% damage for 200 MP, and this isn't even including the NF-fuelled one or Wind procs if you go with that. Needless to say, this kind of damage is abnormally high for any other skill that costs 200MP. It's also only on a 5 second cooldown, making it quite readily accessible when you need it. Airelinna also gives you more speed so it makes a good, fast skill even faster.

3. I used to bring both Back Kick and Low Kick because I like mashing keys but ran out of space. Low Kick comes with a Critical trait, and Back Kick lowers the damage of anything hit by 30%, which may prove useful for Hell mode. I say "may" because you'd generally aim to not get hit, and WS has decent i-frames on her skills. They don't share cooldowns, so you can do [Back-Low]-Low or Low-[Back-Low].

4. For Airelinna, you'd have to compare Duration vs MP cost.
    Light: 105MP for 30 seconds means you're investing in 3.50MP per second to keep up Airelinna.
    KB2: 150MP for 45 seconds means you're investing in 3.33MP per second to keep up Airelinna.

Therefore, in terms of raw efficiency, Killing Blow 2 is slightly superior but the difference is negligible so either trait is fine. However, from a practicality perspective, if you're running dungeons in a party, having the buff up for longer saves you the trouble of needing to chase down party members to reapply the buff, and you'll only need to buff once every 3-4 rooms as opposed to every 2-3, for example.

Ruben Villager
    Jul 2013
    Bikini Bottom
    wow thank you guys! I found out whats wrong and hopefully they'll fix about back kick enhanced,
    you cant dash prior to using the skill and you have to be in place as you hit the monster which is really stupid.
    Also is it me or do arrows do much more damage then kicks in dungeons?

Elder Citizen
    Dec 2015

This is my current PVE set up from the recent balance patch. Although, it is subject to change as I'm adjusting.
    I changed my trans slot from VA to Tempest due to balance changes and I think I'm pleased.
    DKB bombing is strong but I simply do not like the hit boxes and length of it.

I enjoy Assault kick as of now, but I may change that to something else.

Best of luck.

Elder Citizen
    Dec 2013
    The Forest
    Enhanced Back kick:
    for the enhanced back kick to activate successfully for low kick to activate, is due mostly to time since once back kick hits successfully you have like half a second or less to press it again for low kick, also know that enhanced back kick only registers it as a success for you to consecutively use low kick is from Rena's actual physical leg to her body, so far I've tested it out and the wind animation doesn't count as a successful hit for you to be granted low kick or perhaps my timing was off as getting the timing right is really hard

•