Elder Citizen
    Jul 2012
    Canada, BC

Infinite Strike's damage

So, this skills been around a while yet still on the wiki there's just question marks where its hit counts should be. I REALLY like how flashy this skill is and really wanna find out if it has any if at all practicality despite its awkward launching.

So my question is: just how much damage does infinite strike really do?

we have the basis of what each of its parts deal but no solid hit count to actually determine a rough estimate on potential output. has anyone figured it out yet?

Hamel Guardian
    Feb 2012
    I would love to try and put the hit count, but first I'd actually have to to know the hit count.

If somebody could upload a video of the skill while they have no equipment on (so their damage values are constant), that would be great. Probably best to do it against a single Training Mushroom since it drags the mob everywhere.

Maybe also show it against a stationary Training Monkey.

Then I could probably slow-mo it and try to count how many times each value hit.

But from analyzing just the attack itself in videos, and these guesses are probably horribly wrong.
    There are ~9 Sword Surges as far as I can tell (Elsword moves 13 times but I only see 9 large surges not counting the final smash).
    There appears to be ~35 Flying Swords. Assuming each burst of swords is only 1 hit that is, which this could be horribly wrong and probably is. Either way, the number of hits is probably going to depend greatly on the size of the target so the skill is sure to be heavily inconsistent, even with the Sword Surges.
    I assume there will be only 1 shockwave hit.
    The last his also causes 10 more Flying Sword pillars to burst out, 5 on each side.

However, the above is still a complete guess and is 90% likely to be wrong.

Elder Citizen
    Jul 2012
    Canada, BC
    well i'm about 60% of a level short of unlocking the skill but once i do i'll upload something if you wanted to scope it. assuming someone else doesn't beat me to it

Ruben Villager
    Sep 2016
    Will this be enough?

Level 98 with 1476 attack.

EDIT: Didn't see the additional comments so I upload another one later. Bit busy right now.

Sheath Knight
    Dec 2013
    Your Vital Regions
    if you're counting swords, maybe this'll help

Hamel Guardian
    Feb 2012
    Will this be enough?

Level 98 with 1476 attack.
    Your first video isn't the best optimized in positioning since the mushroom fell out of the skill for the first part.

But gathering info, it appears the Surging Sword and Flying Sword both two parts of the same attack. Each pillar of swords can do both. However it appears Flying Swords only hit on the higher portion of the attack.

From what I gather more or less your first video did somewhere around ~11 Flying Sword hits and ~16 Surging Sword hits.

So I'd expect the typical number of hits for each being somewhere between 10~20 hits on a normal target. Flying Swords hitting less than Surging Sword.

The actual max hit potentially appears to be somewhere around 45 for each. However, first off the final hit alone is divided 5 in front and behind Elsword so you can't get max hit, the drag from each sword and placement of each pillar prevents it, getting both the Flying and Surging hit from each pillar seems to be unlikely.

Elder Citizen
    Jul 2012
    Canada, BC
    great info guys! still wish that it had a more consistent hitbox than the current train-wreck its running right now because i LOVE how visually appealing this skill is. but i guess overall it seems like it has the potential for absurd damage but held back by its wonky hitbox, spacing, and launch.

Feita Knight
    Jul 2013
    on my chair, in front of my computer
    So elwiki has posted a rough hitcount on infinite strike

http://elwiki.net/w/Infinite_Strike

Surging Sword Flying Sword Shockwave
    302% 238% 1152%

Surging Sword Flying Sword Shockwave
    ~45 ~42 1

elwiki states that a normal target takes 10 to 20 hits from both surging and flying swords. so it is very viable against regular enemies, but have fun doing HA tier damage to bone dragon.

•