Altera Savior
    Jun 2011

Base Traits PvE?

Trying to figure out the best traits for Els in general. I'm using his base skills quite often more than most of his post-1st/2nd job skills due to the shear damage that they do, for all 3 classes. But, I'm wondering which traits would be better for each skill, and, for his entire Base tree as a whole, which traits work well with each other.

Mostly for PvE

4k% damage for a 100mp tier skill is excellent, especially when tied with Destruction Aura and a decent critical rate. For the traits, Light vs Critical, idk. DPS wise, Light would be better right? Being that you can use the skill for an easy 4k%, and still have some mana left over to spam other skills. Also, lower MP cost means that I can use it for I-frames when everything else is on cool down.

However with Critical trait, mobbing and bossing (mobbing mostly) becomes easier. I know it's just an extra 20MP (which, with ERP, heroic ID's and stuff, it get's lower) for that extra push. My thing is, compared to the Light trait, which, with those added MP cost reduction options available, You can lower it to almost 50mp for 4k% damage and I-frames. Would Water IV be a sufficient replacement for the Critical Trait? Does it stack with the Critical Trait?

This one.

elwiki says that's 958.9% per hit with the Heavy trait on the Enhanced version, for 7 hits. Almost 7k% damage for 150mp every 15 seconds. Or, With the critical trait, 702% per hit with 7 hits (I swear it looks like more than that tho) for about 4.9K% damage, which is pretty close to Meta Slash damage, with Meta Slash having a shorter cd. Which means it could potentially out damage this skill. It's every 10 seconds, but it cost 195MP. I mean, if you have Wind Orbs and Water IV, then there's no point in getting the Critical Trait right? Or am I wrong?

Light trait with about 9k% damage every 20 seconds. Versus Heavy with 12k% damage every 30 seconds. I mean, if you were using this skill back to back, Light would be better, I think. Plus with the extra mana left over, leaves room for other skills, so the Light trait is more spam friendly? I don't often run into too many situations tho where you'd have to spam TG back to back, unless I'm running Henir, or going against a Heroic Boss mostly. I'm unsure of the better trait on this one.

2.6K% by itself. 3.1K% with Empowered trait with 6 sec cd and 100mp, which makes it's base damage stronger than non-charged Meta Slash, plus it earns des aura. Critical trait with that extra 40mp cost, does more damage, but the cost is so high... I get that it's just one of those free dps skills, but I mainly see LK being the only class that can really utilize it.

mostly those^ 3 skills. And UB.

Are these mostly preference? What do you suggest? Mostly for Heroics/Henir.

Elder Citizen
    Jul 2012
    Canada, BC
    critical mega slash - the skill already hits laughably hard for 100mp and with only a 20mp increase its ignoring a fair margain of defense.

Heavy geysers - i like heavy on both of these because critical on FG feels like a waste since it makes it cost an extra 45mp, and frankly heavy will deal just as much even with that critical trait for less mp and a barely higher cooldown. as for triple i mean the skill is meant to be a nuke, its very unlikely you'll even be using it back to back as you mentioned outside of putting it in a transcendent slot which is generally better reserved for more useful skills.

Empowered assault - like you said the mp cost is just not worth it and frankly the skill itself only really works with LK due to armablade synergy otherwise you'd be better off just running mega.

UB could be run either way honestly, in vit mode it returns just a massive amount of mp, i prefer heavy personally though for more damage.

Altera Savior
    Jun 2011
    I'm considering just bringing Wind Orbs and Water IV for everything. Can you explain how the defense ignore stacking works?

For example, If I'm using RS, and I'm going against a Heroic Hell Boss (I always bring Enchant Breaker so I can always have them debuffed), how would I be able to achieve the maximum amount of defense ignore?

So for example, With Heavy Flame Geyser....If I proc Water IV, use a Wind Orb, Proc Magic Chain, and had 20% Magical Defense ignore from Heroic ID's...would that equal a total defense ignore on the boss? What If I chose Critical Geyser instead? Is a complete defense ignore even possible, or, where does it top off at?

If I could achieve over a 50% defense ignore without choosing any critical trait, I could save mana from the geysers and both slash skills. idk how the defense ignoring stuff stacks tho.

Elder Citizen
    Jul 2012
    Canada, BC
    Truth be told i'm a little unsure on some of the armor-ignore status effects stacking. I'm fairly certain water doesn't stack with stuff like my LK's armor break so i'm not sure its relation with magic chain. as for wind orbs i'm fairly certain those already provide 100% defense breaks, so i feel if you're using orbs... critical traits might be a little less effective compared to raw damage, since you can't really ignore what's already gone.

In terms without orbs however i guess if you're already stacking water easily for defense reduction, and provided magic chain does in fact stack, then i suppose you could get slightly more consistency with critical? but again that would also fall unto whether or not... or rather how the ignores stack with themselves or at all. since if they were multiplicative then you could receive different results than if they were additive. so it's hard to say for sure whether or not it'd be more or less effective.

•