Ruben Villager
    Aug 2011
    AFK in Feita Ch 2 ;)

what PVE elboy is better?

i recently made a RS cause i was bored and for some reason i thought RS was fun and strong in pve but now that ive been leveling i feel like hes kinda squishy and doesnt deal as much damage as id like(im more of a glass cannon type chars) so far ive noticed RS has the squishiness of a glass cannon but not the damage so i was wondering if hes only strong in pvp since ive seen most of his stuff is pve based (defense and projectile reflection stuff) even trans doesnt help him much, so im guessing i made the wrong choice on making a RS so im thinking about class changing as soon as theres an event
    so the question is what elboy is very strong in pve? ive used both LK and IS but way back in the day before trans and i liked IS a lot. is IS strong in dungeons? and is his trans fun and op? or is LK the strongest elboy for pve?

Elder Citizen
    Apr 2014
    Within 3 feet of you
    eeh all the elboys are...
    RS shines on bosses but in terms of mobbing LK is far better bc Arma blade, windmill, etc
    Idk about IS

Ruben Villager
    Aug 2011
    AFK in Feita Ch 2 ;)
    oh man dont tell me none of them r bad in pve lol when i played IS when he first released i got him to like 60 something and it was fun but i do remember he lacks a bit of damage but i thought his trans could fix it but idk

(ヽยดω`)
    Mar 2011
    piglet my guy
    Moved to Elsword subsection as you'll likely get better answers there.

Market thread || Code of Conduct || avi by Y0na

Shelling Guardian
    Oct 2012
    Being compared to waterfall :^(
    oh man dont tell me none of them r bad in pve lol when i played IS when he first released i got him to like 60 something and it was fun but i do remember he lacks a bit of damage but i thought his trans could fix it but idk
    That was like 2013 when he was first released. Things changed. I'm pretty sure he has an absurd passive that gives him lots of free stats under a certain condition alongside phantom sword.

Ruben Villager
    Jun 2013
    I am seeing a lot more IS, that could mean something. With the recent balances(lol), i think he is at the top of the elboys currently for pve.

Elder Citizen
    Dec 2015
    Lucena City, Philippines but currently working in Doha, Qatar
    I use IS coz Im a fan of mutli sword skills. He has good rotation on his vitality and destruction mode. Currently I am using this set on him (EC set but will be replaced by glitter/alteresia 6/6 + light II attribute + children of wind title for speed boost) coz he has insane proc. He has semi grouping skill like Maelstorm Rage and Infinite Chaser, Anti Aerial skills like Circle Blade and Rage Cutter, Semi Clearing skill (and also for grouping) like Final Strike and a weapon extension for 24/7 like Phantom Sword.

I used RS previously and boy his skills are fun and flashy. But keep in mind that RS is fun to use when you are always in Vitality mode since he's very spammy to his skills. Yes he is very squishy thats why you need to be quick or dodge them using roll or iron body 24/7.

I used to play LK too. He is very tanky and very good in grouping all thanks to windmill. A weapon extension and symbolizes him with Arma Blade. He only lacks on damage tho.

Feita Knight
    Apr 2011
    California
    Depends on what you're looking for my friend.
    You state that you are a glass cannon type player, but it's kind of hard to know what you find to be most enjoyable.
    Elboy isn't exactly a very good chara in comparison to the others at the moment in PvE.

I used to main RS, but after many patches of nerfs and changes, he felt really weak after awhile and I grew very tired of it. He just didn't have that oomph in damage he used to. So I ended up completely stopping him when Eltrion raid finished. I used him to get Star Rank during that time, and after that it just went downhill. Just, once again, lost it's enjoyment after a bit of changes. I won't go into detail since you obviously aren't happy with him.

I have both an LK and an IS at the moment.
    Keep in mind that everything I say down below will be in the viewpoint of Heroic Hell.
    You can think about how that trickles down to SDs and Normal Dungeons on your own buddy.
    Here are my stats, I use a +11 Legend Perki Wep:
    (Ignore the spec, I am just trying some saged spec stuff out)
    Spoiler:

First let me speak about LK. This is my Side-Elboy. I play him often in Heroics, with a Strength Stacking build and nearly all my points into MP Cost-, and a bit into Max HP/MP.
    Honestly, to me, LK is just Windmill. It's an absolutely amazing skill. It has amazing utility in grouping the weaker mobs altogether, moving stuff here, moving stuff there. Yeah, you basically just Windmill every single room, and when you have dragged a sufficient amount of guys, you use your other skills. That's his pre-boss game-play. You don't need arma blade, because it doesn't work with windmill anymore. All it gives you is the speed buff.
    It's an amazing skill, but because of this skill, his other skills were nerfed. One of his main damage skills, Sandstorm, was gutted in the recent patch, taking off I believe half of his damage? Some other skills gained some %'s, but not to the point where you can say he does sufficient damage.
    That's his problem in bossing. At least, with a strength build, you do like no damage. LK has longer cooldowns on a lot of his skills as well, so you spend a lot of time waiting for either trans slots or just timers.

His passives also took a dive when it comes to resources. Less tanky, less on-hit mp gain (doesn't rly matter in pve tbh).
    I mean, to be honest, his passives aren't really that well made for PvE, at least in the way that I see it and play it.

Damage is whatever. You take a lot longer to do runs. Sure, fine, it sucks but you can deal with it.
    The worst part is, is that a lot of his skills are just kinda... Iffy? Don't really... work properly?
    They aren't broken it's just... A lot of, (I think all except windmill?) his skills have slow animation startup. Sandstorm has the twirl at the start. Flame/Triple Geyser has the twirl at the start. Imperial Crusher is a bit faster, but still has startup animation. Arma blade can leave you open. Double Slash doesn't stun in heroics, and has no freeze frame, and medium recovery while it keeps you locked in place.

All of this means that bosses can easily, and more often than not, do just attack through your skills. So at any point while you are recovering from the skill animation, you can get hit from the boss without being able to react proper. Not to mention he has like little to noinvis frames on his skills.
    Feels really slow and clunky.

I have a lot of pent up frustration when it comes to LK's damage and Bossing. LK is suffering.
    Windmill is fun though I suppose, which I basically one of the only reasons why I haven't quit it.
    Probably going CD- on ElRes would be a good idea maybe possibly idk.

As for IS, I now main this Elboy primarily. Same as LK, I play him more often in Heroics, with a Strength Stacking build and nearly all my points into MP Cost-, and a bit into Max HP/MP.

I won't deny that his mobbing is weaker, because it's pretty hard for the other elboys to beat Windmill, in fact I think it's impossible to beat Windmill if it just comes down to mobbing, but he isn't a slouch either. If you want damage on elboy this is probably your best bet.
    He is fast, has good skill damage, and has passives suited for PvE (Crit % Bonus, Crit Dmg Bonus, Maxi % Bonus, Additional Damage % Bonus, Raw Dmg % Bonuses).
    His skill animations are pretty solid. Fast, able to easily time in-between boss attacks to dodge and not get super punished when doing it before a boss attack.
    Honestly I have a bias toward IS. He has and can easily spam Infinite Chaser, which basically locks down bosses and makes them move reeeeeeeeeally slowly due to how it hits, allowing you to spam your rotation of skills (which IS does really amazingly).
    His CD's aren't as unforgiving. Phantom Sword allows you to easily keep your mana, stacking passives, and balance WoTS a lot better due to multi-hits.
    It's also a pretty good mob sweeping tool. >>^z spam can pretty much drag all the mobs to a group if you do it right.

So he can rotate his skills AND WoTS really well, his skills actually do pretty decent damage, and he goes fast.

To meee though the best part is the cheese.
    Remember how I talked about Infinite Chaser up there and how it can lock stuff down?
    Yeeeeah it get's pretty silly.
    Here's a clip of the kinda stuff it can do to any boss.

(timestamp is at 2:30. Sorry I couldn't add that on here else it would break.)

On top of that, his maelstrom rage and phantom sword can basically stop any enemy (that's suctionable, basically most bosses except special cases.)
    If you use for example maelstrom rage with a boss against the wall, they will get pushed into the wall, and since there is no space to go behind them, they get lifted off the ground, as if they were launched. This stops them from being able to do any attack whatsoever, until they land. Same applies with Final Strike as well. Couple this with Infinite chaser, and you can easily chain your bosses like wow.
    Sorry I don't have a video of myself doing this.

Anyway, of the elboys, IS is your best bet, unless you want to stick with RS. I certainly couldn't.

Elder Citizen
    Jul 2012
    Canada, BC
    LK basically revolves around like 3 skills for his pve. while his clearing ability is really good, his bossing is quite lacking. otherwise he functions fine.

RS has good burst, but is otherwise kinda clunky. most of his combos kill any momentum you have and he really isnt what he used to be. probably the weakest clear of the three, but still good for bosses.

IS is a heck of alot of fun to play i've found. he doesn't have the clear speed LK does, but his damage is actually really good now. sword fall is absurd for its cost and he has alot of strong utility in his kit.

overall LK is great for clears, bad at bossing, IS is alot of fun and performs well enough at bossing and clearing. Sadly RS needs work. he's too clunky for the current meta in pve and his general burst skills are kinda burdened with long-ish cooldowns. As much as I like my LK, i'd say go IS

Feita Knight
    Jul 2013
    on my chair, in front of my computer
    He has and can easily spam Infinite Chaser, which basically locks down bosses and makes them move reeeeeeeeeally slowly due to how it hits, allowing you to spam your rotation of skills (which IS does really amazingly).
    does water 4 stack with infinity chaser in making bosses attack really slow? because if it does, i'm probably gonna drop dark(which was what i had before dark got nerfed).

•