thread: Meme Tournament

Shelling Guardian
    May 2012
    Hugging Teddy Bear

Meme Tournament

[Banner here]

Hello everyone, welcome to the Meme Tournament.
    This tournament will be streamed.
    Streamers: Lin/Host, Amanda, Bryun(back up)

Date: June 28th into the 29th (if needed) 2017, 4 PM PST/6 PM CST/7 PM EST.
    32 Participants
    1v1 Matches, Bo3. Semifinals and finals are Bo5. Team Match.

Discord Server: https://discord.gg/6S6BDfc

Rules:

Equipment :
    Sparring Gear (old+new) will be the only permitted gear. Enhanced sparring gear is permitted as enhancements do not matter in sparring

Costumes with RNG type effects (ie: GL 4/5 ice sting, Frost/Ignition weapons), Critical Damage increase (ie: CM 4/5, HL 4/5.), double attack (ie: PS 3/3), and/or skill damage (ie: RM 4/4, SR 5/5.) are banned
    If both participants agree to it beforehand, IB weapons may be used. If not, any other costume weapons are allowed.

Costume Suits are allowed
    Ring of Fury is banned. All other rings are permitted. Only 1 ring slot is allowed
    Ereda Chronicles and El Resonance are permitted
    Attributes on weapons and armor are not permitted
    "Random effect" accessory/set effects (i.e Nocturn of Hernia, El turbine support unit, 3/3 S5 champ) and temporary event items (i.e the gold Symbol of Transcendence) are banned

Title Bans:
    Titles that gives stats that cannot be socketed (ie: RNG effects, double hit, etc.) are not permitted.

Skill Bans:
    No Hyper Actives or Wedding Skills

Maps:
    The first map will be selected through a map strike process. Both participants will select 1 map out of 3 (Durahan Coliseum, Wintery Velder, and Wally’s Castle Rooftop) to strike out. The remaining unbanned map will be the first match played. The loser of the previous game selects from the available maps to choose from, excluding stages they have already won on

Banned Maps:
    Judge's Heart
    Lanox Lava
    El Tree - Top
    Tyrant's Arena
    Cargo Airship
    Garpai Sandstorm
    Sander Oasis
    Bethma Lake (Night)
    Hope Bridge
    Elrios Bay

Lag:
    In the event of network issues, both players are allowed to call lag (“?????” or “.” or anything along those lines will not be considered a lag call. Please explicitly state that you are calling lag). If referees approve of the lag call, the match will be stopped and participants will be asked to check their network status before redoing the match. If the lag still persists, the participant who is lagging will be disqualified. Please check your connection before the tourney. Participants will not be allowed to call lag after the match has been completed

Both players mana burn at their designated corners until the referee says, "Go"
    If the match times out, the one who receives the Victory after the time limit gains the win

Only you may play on your account. Substitutions of any kind are not allowed. Violation of this rule will result in an immediate disqualification. You may also not change characters starting from when the brackets are posted

Disruptions of any kind are not allowed. You will be given one warning. Further disruptions will get you disqualified. Disruptions include, but are not limited to:
    - Not responding within 3 minutes after being called up
    - Not readying up within 3 minutes after the map has been selected
    - Not choosing which map to strike within 1 minute.
    (Times may be subjected to change.)
    - Excessive trash talking

Registration

You must be at least level 80 to join and SS rank or have proof on ranking in previous seasons.

All registrations will be held in our Discord server.

If you have any questions, you may post on the thread or get a faster reply in the server. Spots are first come first serve.

Prizes

1st Place: $50
    2nd Place: $25
    3rd Place: $10

Thank You to: Mahiro, Arc, Aaron, Amanda, John and Bryun for helping out

(ヽ´ω`)
    Mar 2011
    piglet my guy
    June 30 is AX day 0

Assuming the stream lasts more than 1 day (since it's not specified in the post unless I accidentally skipped over it) it'll collide with AX stuff. Just a lil heads up

Market thread || Code of Conduct || avi by Y0na

Shelling Guardian
    May 2012
    Hugging Teddy Bear
    June 30 is AX day 0

Assuming the stream lasts more than 1 day (since it's not specified in the post unless I accidentally skipped over it) it'll collide with AX stuff. Just a lil heads up
    Oh. Oopsies.
    Yeah we did plan it to be in one day. ' v ' ;

Feita Knight
    Dec 2015
    Title Bans:
    Titles that gives stats that cannot be socketed (ie: RNG effects, double hit, etc.) are not permitted.
    Double attack can be socketed with Ereda stones.

Guardian
    Mar 2014
    ?! ?! ?! ?! ?! ?!
    you're right but overall point was basically anything that gave u something else than wat u see in ur stat menu.

pretty sure at least that that was the point

Shelling Guardian
    May 2012
    Hugging Teddy Bear
    "socketing double attack is fine
    double attack titles no"

you're right but overall point was basically anything that gave u something else than wat u see in ur stat menu.

pretty sure at least that that was the point
    You're correct.

Elysion Navigator
    Mar 2011
    Out searching...
    Tbh banning stuff like this has become kinda dumb because there are magic stones that give you stats that aren't in your stat menu. Like double attack or Max MP or skill damage.

I think Double Attack is something you can live with not banning on titles, because there isn't much difference between wearing a double attack title and having high stats on your weapon compared to socketing double attack in a socket and wearing a high stat title. Heck you can get 3% double attack on a socket. On titles? I'm pretty sure it only goes up to 1-2% and the only titles with it don't give good stats for other things. Whats the difference between someone having a 3% double attack socket and wearing this:

compared to someone with a saged or dual stone socket of something wearing this:

Answer? There isn't one. In fact the one with the double attack socket probably has more stats and Ruler of the Sky isn't the only "stat only" good one. We have some people running around with these too:

(Some much easier to get than others)

Honestly, you might as well just ban every title.

Sander Chieftain
    Jan 2012
    Eve's luxury closet
    discord url is invalid

Cobo Service
    Mar 2012
    In America
    Wow I thought this was an actual meme tournament, I'm disappointed.

(ヽ´ω`)
    Mar 2011
    piglet my guy
    discord url is invalid
    Tournament has been over since June 30 and last posted date was June 15. Please don't necro 30+ days old thread.

Locking.

Market thread || Code of Conduct || avi by Y0na

•