View Poll Results: Should we be able to choose between them?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would like a choice

20 95.24%
  • No, I would not like a choice (Explain)

1 4.76%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Personally I'm no too big a fan of the idea. The portrait symbolizes your current class and progression. Your portrait says that you are this class at whatever stage of progression it is. It shows a Transcended Infinity Sword because you are a Transcended Infinity Sword.

I might be a bit more indifferent about it if the change was purely client sided but if it affects how other players see your portrait. Then I'd have to say a firm NO. Your portrait is a direct indicator of class you are.

Especially since your actual portrait is not a category for customization unlike cut-ins. Honestly shouldn't be a category for customization either given unlike cut-ins, other people aren't seeing your customized portrait. And shouldn't.

However they should really get to swapping DL and Dem's portrait for Ciel when other players are looking at you.

Here's the problem I face, if you make this another customization options and it affects how others see you, then we run into gameplay issues of people not knowing which class you are, even without additional cash options, someone could just choose the base portrait and you'd have no idea which path they are. If it doesn't affect how others see you, then there really isn't a point and the addition of it is trivial at best.
    If it just between pre and post Transcendence... then the system is just makes no sense. Since technically Transcendence functions identical as if it were a 3rd job, just with the same character design.

Sum it up, there are logistical issues which don't allow this to really work without being extremely nit-picky.
    Last edited by Dungeoneer224; 06-20-2017 at 03:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dungeoneer224 View Post
    I might be a bit more indifferent about it if the change was purely client sided but if it affects how other players see your portrait. Then I'd have to say a firm NO. Your portrait is a direct indicator of class you are.
    While I agree with your sentiment, it's literally stated in the OP that this feature would be client sided.

---

OT: I personally prefer the Trans portrait for the majority of the classes, but I can see why others would want this. As long as it's executed correctly, it wouldn't really hurt. Support.

Though -- as an idea -- what if it retained the gold border of the trans portrait GUI even if you switched to the regular 2nd job portrait? That way it'd be much easier to identify if the player is Trans or not in the case of videos and/or screenshots. Although this would mean KOG would have to make transcendence versions of all the 2nd job GUI, it could help eliminate confusion if this feature were implemented. Thoughts?
    "Because there is sadness, we cherish happiness. And because of anger, kindness is born." - Cynthia
    when you casually have 3 freyjas

Quote Originally Posted by elearu View Post
    I'm not against this per say but not entirely for it since the portraits don't bother me much really. In fact some of the transcendence ones are pretty dope. What I would be more for is class or character specific UI's. Something to give the player a feel that they're playing their character or class. Like imagine more red stuff in the UI for an Elsword or, a yellow or gold for Rena. I think it'd be kind of cool to see a UI revamp in general.
    agreed, but that sounds like a suggestion on its own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dungeoneer224 View Post
    Sum it up, there are logistical issues which don't allow this to really work without being extremely nit-picky.
    I'm pretty sure I said in the OP that this will only be on your own screen/client sided. If for some reason KoG implements this and it isn't client sided, then I'll be sure to make a petition to make it client sided (and angry Koreans will too).

It may be a minor cosmetic change, but you should know how many people love being able to customize things akin to fashion/dress up. If it's just pre and post, wouldn't that "thematically" make more sense? You're still the "same" character, but with different visuals (of course, client sided).

I will admit I don't how this will be implemented, but at least the idea is tossed out there.

Market Thread || No seals 4 IBs || Choice 4 Icons
    IGNs: Primarina, Decidueye, Incineroar, Rockruff, Cavalanzas

YES. I'm tired of looking at Keemstar(t.IS portrait) 24/7

Quote Originally Posted by Dralard View Post
    Though -- as an idea -- what if it retained the gold border of the trans portrait GUI even if you switched to the regular 2nd job portrait? That way it'd be much easier to identify if the player is Trans or not in the case of videos and/or screenshots. Although this would mean KOG would have to make transcendence versions of all the 2nd job GUI, it could help eliminate confusion if this feature were implemented. Thoughts?
    Definitely agree with this for the sake of identification and I will put this in the OP.

Seeing as it was explicitly stated that this should be client sided, I'll add my vote for the option. I personally wouldn't bother using it, but I can see the appeal it would have for a great number of people. Plus, it would give KOG more options to milk money out of players with custom portraits. As long as it's not stat related, I'm all for bling-bling money-milking.

bumping up

as a LuCiel player it would be cool to be able to choose between Lu or Ciel to be displayed as the main char in the portraits icons
    so ye

bumpinggggg

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb