thread: VC PvP help

Hamel Guardian
    Dec 2014
    Commencing the Cromwell invocation.

VC PvP help

I had became super rusty after quit PvP for a long time. Please send me your recommended PvP skill set for VC and how to deal with Chung in general please, for some reasons they could still hit me mid-combo even though I already enhanced my hitstun with Flame Sword: Flurry on them, also how to deal with running + charging Aisha, especially Vp.

Bethma Guard
    Oct 2015
    Seeking Inner Peace
    My VC's PvP skills
    Maximum Cannon (Light)
    Hellfire/Bursting Blade
    Mental Crash (KB1)
    Napalm Grenade (Haste or Light)
    Ignition Crow - Incinerator (Evil)
    Flame Sword: Flurry
    Ground Impact (Empowered)
    Breaking Fist (Evil)
    Shadow Step (Light)
    Power Assault (Light)

MP is used for catching and keeping enemies in a combo. I do not like nuking in this season as much due to its several risks and being low on mp afterward. Unless I can take 90% hp with Harpoon Spear, I won't bother with nuking options. Flame Sword and Haze Explosion feed way too much for me. Even if there is Mental Crash, I would still reduce the risk of having my opponent getting MP. I found that my MP management and overall gameplay significantly improved when I stopped relying on those skills.

Getting the first catch for VC matters very much. Get more practice. Afterward, use the Mental Crash + Breaking Fist + x drop method.

Chung
    Chung can chain a lot of super armor. Keep an eye on your enemy more closely. Otherwise, something is horribly wrong with internet connection from either party.

Aisha
    Not much you can do other than play mind games such as making your opponent whiff and making them run into your moves
    Don't let them charge. Keep the Aisha/Rena scared. You could run really close to the Aisha/Rena and then run the opposite direction to make the Aisha/Rena panic.
    Try to corner the Aisha so that the Aisha can only move to one side. It will limit the Aisha's opportunity to use Teleport drastically.

Hamel Guardian
    Dec 2014
    Thank you very much.

Ruben Villager
    Aug 2014
    it's a bit late but here's a little tip for platform converting with VC I just found on Sword White pvp video.
    Ground Impact - it's good even when Raven's core is not around.
    the detail is around 21:41
    Ledges are nightmare when you cannot do normal converting due to lag or characters that frequently tumble out of your combo (most of the time it's WS), whatever the reason is, GI is the way to go. You might wanna include this in your VC guide.

Hamel Guardian
    Dec 2014
    it's a bit late but here's a little tip for platform converting with VC I just found on Sword White pvp video.
    Ground Impact - it's good even when Raven's core is not around.
    the detail is around 21:41
    Ledges are nightmare when you cannot do normal converting due to lag or characters that frequently tumble out of your combo (most of the time it's WS), whatever the reason is, GI is the way to go. You might wanna include this in your VC guide.

Wow thank you very much. Lately I did drop many combos because of ledges and one SS ranked TT even pointed that out for me after match, recommended me to use >>X to catch at ledge.

Imo after upcoming forum renewal, I would only cover the PvE aspect, atm I'm not good enough to cover PvP to the fullest and quite busy so I can't play Pvp much anymore, so I'm not experienced enough, especially with so many classes in the game and Kog balancing too frequently to keep check of, so I would have to tweak the guide much more often.

Ruben Villager
    Mar 2016
    I use Breaking fist,Ignition crow - napalm, deadly raid and haze explosion. As for the runners i suggest approaching them with >>x then do your combos.

Bethma Guard
    Oct 2015
    Seeking Inner Peace
    1) You shouldn't rely on mana to platform convert. VC already has >>^zxx to convert. When converting, >>vzxx is safe.

2) Unlike what Orpheus suggested, I highly advise against Deadly Raid for its KD issue.

•