Hamel Guardian
    Dec 2013
    闇の世界!? Nah.

So how's BH with her nerfed Invincible Fire + AoF doing in PVP?

Just here curious of how the nerf affect PVP since I'm bummed about this thing also affecting PVE....

AoF gaining 30 or 40 MP at max stack in 1v1 (probably in a lot of 2v2 situations) ...

...sounds pretty lame when we have ~40 MP per guy + 2%HP instantly as an AS (Right? I don't PVP much and the tooltip doesn't have AS's mana drain MP gains in PVE nor PVP)...

would have been okay with KOG eating 50% of the MP gains but munching 70% of it is a bit too much I think...

Hamel Guardian
    Apr 2012
    Mana Drain is at best 39 MP per target (plus Specter Power Release and Specialization B when applicable, and 1% HP), but it costs two orbs and has to actually hit the target.
    Avatar of Fire only costs 10 MP (which can be obtained reasonably without interacting with a target) and can be used to gain MP off of invulnerable targets, allowing you to use it on reaction to a Mana Break to gain MP to recatch the target. And isn't its MP gain range notably larger than the hitbox?

Nerfing Avatar of Fire that far is quite reasonable, since having a net gain of ~100 MP from an Active was kind of stupid, especially since the requirements to get that net gain could be achieved with normals (which don't cost much) against one target.

Hamel Guardian
    Dec 2013
    闇の世界!? Nah.
    Mana Drain is at best 39 MP per target (plus Specter Power Release and Specialization B when applicable, and 1% HP), but it costs two orbs and has to actually hit the target.
    Avatar of Fire only costs 10 MP (which can be obtained reasonably without interacting with a target) and can be used to gain MP off of invulnerable targets, allowing you to use it on reaction to a Mana Break to gain MP to recatch the target. And isn't its MP gain range notably larger than the hitbox?

Nerfing Avatar of Fire that far is quite reasonable, since having a net gain of ~100 MP from an Active was kind of stupid, especially since the requirements to get that net gain could be achieved with normals (which don't cost much) against one target.
    Hmm..seems fair for PVP though, kind-of why I thought that nerf is for PVP.... though I still hate them for putting the same nerf in PVE...

Although I would say that AS's Mana Drain is kind-of a catch start-up by itself...you can skillfully dodge these through intuition and experience...but it's not a given for everyone...AoF does have an ambiguous range though, its range is not really visible compared to Mana Drain...

AoF is either a free x-drop/clutch catch (I think), some MP gain mid-combo/after your opponent MBs

Mana Drain is more pro-active in terms of MP gain...you get what you want without having to catch and stack fire

The 2 orb cost should be be easy for PVP I think...unless you miss your chance to Energy Absorption catch every time.

Feita Knight
    Mar 2011
    Discord > Skype
    IF + Explosive Fist was dumb

AoF giving you 100+ mp was dumb. Especially with Firewall giving you max stacks. It deserved the nerf. Random BHs can't Firewall loop you to death anymore so ye.

AoF shouldn't be considered a clutch catch when its 10 mp and has a full 360 hitbox that does decent hitstun.

AoF was also ♥♥♥♥ing ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ in PvE when it could basically give you a CRP if you got stacks on 3 or more mobs

Hamel Guardian
    Dec 2013
    闇の世界!? Nah.
    IF + Explosive Fist was dumb

AoF giving you 100+ mp was dumb. Especially with Firewall giving you max stacks. It deserved the nerf. Random BHs can't Firewall loop you to death anymore so ye.

AoF shouldn't be considered a clutch catch when its 10 mp and has a full 360 hitbox that does decent hitstun.

AoF was also ♥♥♥♥ing ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ in PvE when it could basically give you a CRP if you got stacks on 3 or more mobs
    Off topic but....BH PVE want more MP source * ^*....gimme gimme I need MP for nukes in Henir CM babyrage

Potentially giving 100+MP in one catch is ridiculous in PVP...I do agree on the nerf for AoF....But there's also the fact that AoF's hitbox is not very apparent if you haven't experienced it so they should probably have some graphics for it like Mana Drain

Elder Citizen
    Mar 2014
    LF> RF skill delay nerf, while they nerf Cra's chaser sword. Do they nerf blindly without checking other characters for their delay

Hamel Guardian
    Dec 2013
    闇の世界!? Nah.
    LF> RF skill delay nerf, while they nerf Cra's chaser sword. Do they nerf blindly without checking other characters for their delay
    Coin flip for every nerf.

Hamel Guardian
    Apr 2012
    They nerfed a bunch of excessive time stops/skill delays, and if we got the fixes KR got on this balance patch (and that the fix worked), Burst Wolf should also not have an excessive skill delay while Awakened.

If you're talking about Arc Enemy, that still has it because it doesn't have a hit on activation (just like Magical Makeup and Energetic Heart still have advantageous skill delays). I've never used RF, and haven't seen enough of them in PvP since Transcendence to be sure about how his skills work.

Hamel Guardian
    Dec 2013
    闇の世界!? Nah.
    They nerfed a bunch of excessive time stops/skill delays, and if we got the fixes KR got on this balance patch (and that the fix worked), Burst Wolf should also not have an excessive skill delay while Awakened.

If you're talking about Arc Enemy, that still has it because it doesn't have a hit on activation (just like Magical Makeup and Energetic Heart still have advantageous skill delays). I've never used RF, and haven't seen enough of them in PvP since Transcendence to be sure about how his skills work.
    So...we are witnessing yet another incomplete patch note?

Hamel Guardian
    Apr 2012
    So...we are witnessing yet another incomplete patch note?
    We are almost never told most of the changes that we get when those changes are classified as 'fixes' instead of 'changes'.

•