Feita Knight
    Dec 2015
    Up in the North
    I get the normalization part, I really do. I look at Ereda and one thing people are grateful for is the normalization.

But what about the no RP loss part? If the best way to rank up was to spam wins regardless of losses encountered along the way, is that really bad for PVP? If PVP is to be the competitive side of this game, why not get some concepts from raid of old? Combined with normalization, it should give a strong fighting chance to people who run into bad days, losing streaks and all that.

Cobo Service
    Mar 2012
    In America
    Because if no one loses or gain rp from losing, who are the top players going to fight?

And because it's a competitive scene with certain rewards, you also shouldn't be rewarded for simply throwing a match. Ranks should be fought for that matter, increasing the competition to stay in said rank or go higher.

(ヽ´ω`)
    Mar 2011
    piglet my guy
    Thing is, you're playing against other players. There will be one winner and one loser. It shouldn't be compared to raid because raid is based on your own effort and every1 is a winner cus hooray we defeated the raid boss on a community effort. It's silly tying to make PvP rankings like PvE because both are literally two separate game modes.

Also, everyone will experience loss streaks. It's really not fair giving those who are constantly losing a handicap just because they lost a lot. If they're good enough, then they would be able to make an anime come back and make up for their loss.

Market thread || Code of Conduct || avi by Y0na

Elder Citizen
    Jul 2015
    It shouldn't be compared to raid because raid is based on your own effort and every1 is a winner cus hooray we defeated the raid boss on a community effort.
    Did wie play the same raids? Because even KOG admitted, that they did not like the competitive part of it. The higher your score compared to others, the more material you got.

Anyway, normalization in PvP will never happen. From a business point of view, PvP exists to drive sales. Ereda simply wasn't popular enough to matter. If you make it a gear war chances are, nobody would play it. If I remember correctly the first Ereda did not have normalization and it wasn't exactly popular.

To be honest, simply change it back to how it was in S2. KOG should have never listen to the players in that regard. No need for any fancy ideas which may just screw things up again.

(ヽ´ω`)
    Mar 2011
    piglet my guy
    Did wie play the same raids? Because even KOG admitted, that they did not like the competitive part of it. The higher your score compared to others, the more material you got.

Anyway, normalization in PvP will never happen. From a business point of view, PvP exists to drive sales. Ereda simply wasn't popular enough to matter. If you make it a gear war chances are, nobody would play it. If I remember correctly the first Ereda did not have normalization and it wasn't exactly popular.

To be honest, simply change it back to how it was in S2. KOG should have never listen to the players in that regard. No need for any fancy ideas which may just screw things up again.
    It's competitive in a different way that u dont lose anything from it compared to PvP cus like I said, every1 is a wonnr in raid

Elder Citizen
    Jul 2015
    I don't consider it winning if I could not craft the weapon because I couldn't get enough materials due to having a too low score. But we are not here to talk about that.

(ヽ´ω`)
    Mar 2011
    piglet my guy
    I don't consider it winning if I could not craft the weapon because I couldn't get enough materials due to having a too low score. But we are not here to talk about that.
    I dont think u get my point but ok sry u dont think ur a wonnr

Feita Knight
    Dec 2015
    Up in the North
    I meant as far as competitiveness went Perkisas and Eltrion MK2's had more of it. Take a break from competing and you might get demoted in rank. These days anyone the PVP board (in Gaia anyway) could forget about PVP until rank reset and not worry about anyone getting his spot.

As far as rewards in raid went, yes, everybody won something. Whether you got a raid weapon or accessory or not, you still got 1M ED at the end of the raid and potentially a +10 amulet if your luck was that good.

Take away the 1M ED and the rest of the stuff you got at end of raid or weekly rewards and you've got more competition than PVP has.

As far as normalization's appeal goes, take a look at Ereda. A lot of people are happy about normalization. It's also a better place to farm AP. RNG's sole impact in Ereda was deciding who your teammates were. Unlike Brawl where RNG decided who won regardless of skill level, knowing what to do matters. You lose, you can blame someone else, immature that may be and even if you were the one who dragged the team down.

•