Sander Chieftain
    Jan 2012
    Eve's luxury closet
    main problem is there are very few players playing PvP rn
    also many of ppl who stop queuing when they know they will lose RP. that even make PvP queue become more dead

Hamel Guardian
    Dec 2013
    闇の世界!? Nah.
    main problem is there are very few players playing PvP rn
    also many of ppl who stop queuing when they know they will lose RP. that even make PvP queue become more dead
    Yes, though this issue is another can of worm by itself.....Like the problem that confidence is built on the level of your gear more than your skill/experience for many people...

Feita Knight
    Dec 2015
    Up in the North
    In the end it's become an issue of "How do you motivate people to do PVP?"

Maybe if Rank Points were something like Raid Boss scores instead and no Rank Point losses?

(ヽ´ω`)
    Mar 2011
    piglet my guy

Maybe if Rank Points were something like Raid Boss scores instead and no Rank Point losses?
    Then that would become more of a who PvPs the most contest

Market thread || Code of Conduct || avi by Y0na

Hamel Guardian
    Dec 2013
    闇の世界!? Nah.

Well Pep said it so I'm gonna say something else~

People generally hate losing in general, obvious.

It's not like Sparring where losing doesn't really feel that bad.....or when you're against your fwends~

If you matchup with lower level peeps, why not balance their stats with the opponent? Right now, I believe that there is a rank-based HP modifier for each match.....

So why not swap that with a item level-based/item level-difference-based scaling in terms of all stats?

This kind-of solves the issues of people getting salty because they are facing +12s with their +8s whilst lower level people's stats can be scaled up to match their lv. 99 opponents too~

Titles, skills and procs do matter but these should have been considered when a lower-level class enters the arena.....it just gives the lower level people a fundamental chance of damaging their superior opponents in arena...

Feita Knight
    Dec 2015
    Up in the North
    Then that would become more of a who PvPs the most contest
    Is that really a bad thing if the idea is to get more people into PVP?

Well Pep said it so I'm gonna say something else~

People generally hate losing in general, obvious.

It's not like Sparring where losing doesn't really feel that bad.....or when you're against your fwends~

If you matchup with lower level peeps, why not balance their stats with the opponent? Right now, I believe that there is a rank-based HP modifier for each match.....

So why not swap that with a item level-based/item level-difference-based scaling in terms of all stats?

This kind-of solves the issues of people getting salty because they are facing +12s with their +8s whilst lower level people's stats can be scaled up to match their lv. 99 opponents too~

Titles, skills and procs do matter but these should have been considered when a lower-level class enters the arena.....it just gives the lower level people a fundamental chance of damaging their superior opponents in arena...
    So Heroic Arena is the one all save all for PVP?

Hamel Guardian
    Dec 2013
    闇の世界!? Nah.

pretty much but we'll see

Altera Savior
    Jun 2011

^-------v

so does that mean no Hero Arena...?

*uninstall*

normalization....I've suggested this plenty of times but idk maybe it just wont work.

Otherwise prevent players from entering Arena until level 70~80 or so. Or, create level-based PvP brackets (10~35, 36~50, 51~80, etc. Something, idk.

With normalization tho, for example...a lvl 35 vs a lvl 90. The stats~gear item level would be balanced out between the 2 opponents so that 1 shots and such aren't possible. The lvl 90 would still have an advantage, but not by much. There's probably problems with this scenario that I'm not seeing.

Hamel Guardian
    Dec 2013
    闇の世界!? Nah.
    ^-------v

normalization....I've suggested this plenty of times but idk maybe it just wont work.

Otherwise prevent players from entering Arena until level 70~80 or so. Or, create level-based PvP brackets (10~35, 36~50, 51~80, etc. Something, idk.

With normalization tho, for example...a lvl 35 vs a lvl 90. The stats~gear item level would be balanced out between the 2 opponents so that 1 shots and such aren't possible. The lvl 90 would still have an advantage, but not by much. There's probably problems with this scenario that I'm not seeing.
    Yes...Higher levels means better access in skills, titles or even commands...etc...

The only problem I am seeing right now is that the PVP gears given to us have 0 item level as well as many other event gears that scales with character level....This kind-of puts a monkey screw in the system...they would have to change every piece of these gears they've given way back from S1

(ヽ´ω`)
    Mar 2011
    piglet my guy

Yes because 1. Ranks without penalty in PvP isn't healthy and 2. That's not going to motivate everyone

Market thread || Code of Conduct || avi by Y0na

•