Ruben Villager
    Mar 2011

Question about siege that I'm sure has been asked to death

As a GA will empowered siege mode activate off of the combos that put you in seige mode? Or must you use the skill to activate the trait? Just asking because I'm pretty sure as a Blazing Heart there's no point in using Red Lotus Sword because you get similar or the same effects from Sword Fire once you get the one passive.

Hamel Guardian
    Jun 2015
    Trying to burst through Fiore.
    What? I don't really understand. Do you understand what 'Empowered' trait does?

Lanox Oracle
    Dec 2013
    What? I don't really understand. Do you understand what 'Empowered' trait does?
    He/she is asking whether Siege is affected by Empowered if you use a combo to get into it rather than using the active. (Eg is Siege affected by Empowered if you use, say, XXXXX to get into it rather than using the Active?)

I think it does, but I'm not 100% sure.

Hamel Guardian
    Jun 2015
    He/she is asking whether Siege is affected by Empowered if you use a combo to get into it rather than using the active. (Eg is Siege affected by Empowered if you use, say, XXXXX to get into it rather than using the Active?)

I think it does, but I'm not 100% sure.
    I understand now. The answer is yes,it does. Even though you can activate it through commands,it still counts as a skill.

Ruben Villager
    Mar 2011
    Yes that is what I was asking. I don't want to waste a skill slot if I can get the trait benefit from getting to siege using the combos. Thanks for the replies.

Hamel Guardian
    Jun 2015
    Yes that is what I was asking. I don't want to waste a skill slot if I can get the trait benefit from getting to siege using the combos. Thanks for the replies.
    Well,if you still yet unlock the B-slot,I guess it couldn't be help. But if you do unlock B-slot,it is advisable to keep your Siege in your skill slot(unless you are too lazy to use it).

This is taken from this dude's guide which I recommend you to read if you're still clueless about GA.
    “Why bring Siege if I can force it anyway?”
    This is a question commonly asked by many players. Though using {>>X[X]} isn’t inherently slow, using it compromises on positioning as it moves Rena further back, away from her target. Bringing Siege along as a skill doesn’t require players to trade off their positioning to deal damage, and allows them to Siege exactly when a situation calls for it, allowing players to fire off 8 to 9-volley Sieges at a moment’s notice. Not to mention as stated before, players will also have the option to fire a 12 to 13-volley Siege that deals 17,712% to 19,188% damage, and this isn’t even taking into account the NF explosions, Vibe Shot or Wind Attribute procs.

Elder Citizen
    Sep 2016
    This is similar to Tactical Trooper's Seige, which he can access through command extensions.

The answer is yes, it beenefits from traits and all skill-empowering effects (rings, chronicles, stacking gloves and so on).

•