Ruben Villager
    Apr 2017
    Where ever you're weaknesses are.

Will the competitive side of pvp ever return?

Just want to hear some thoughts?

Feita Knight
    Mar 2011
    Discord > Skype
    Elsword caters to whales and shoves everything else under the bus.

It's a shame but thats what mmos gotta to do make da cash $$$$

Altera Savior
    Sep 2014
    Hell
    Use the spar room?

Or hope for hero pvp

Ruben Villager
    Apr 2017
    Use the spar room?

Or hope for hero pvp
    I mean in arena, and I think I saw you a while ago in the springs.

And rip

Altera Savior
    Sep 2014
    Hell
    I mean in arena, and I think I saw you a while ago in the springs.

And rip
    My eve? Shes usually in the steps in the middle of the lanox springs in ely 1 or 3 :>

But yea, feelsbadman

Ruben Villager
    Apr 2017
    My eve? Shes usually in the steps in the middle of the lanox springs in ely 1 or 3 :>

But yea, feelsbadman
    Yeahh you were sitting in that little pot in the middle next to me haha

Hamel Guardian
    Apr 2012
    Not at the rate they're going; they've shown far too little care for the competitive side of things. The matching system in Arena should not take only a minute or so to entirely ignore rank when matching, and Sparring still has issues that should have been fixed a long time ago (No spectating, outdated UI, lack of choices for options [I don't think Arena's 3v3 Winner's Match settings can even be duplicated in Sparring], ERP issues, and the lag issue if it's still there). Storage on attacks and skills since the revamps haven't been fixed yet (not to mention that they still haven't done anything about mashing skills not being punished).
    Every PvP stage since Wintery Velder has been stupid, with one of the better ones (at least for most matchups) just being a slightly altered mirrored version of a pre-existing stage (and the original is better). Characters have had changes done to them that specifically make them worse in latency, and nothing has been done about it for years. A useful normal got removed in favor of bringing back a useless normal that had already been removed, and at least one normal is effectively programmed to miss if the preceding normal hits a target that can be pushed back.
    Infinites are way too low cost and easy, and nothing is done about it even though fixing it would probably halfway fix the overwhelming advantage certain characters get from the first catch. A movement option on a few characters was changed in a way that made things more difficult and contradicted how movement normally works in the game. Adding Stun to anything makes it worse because they haven't done anything proper about being able to resist it.
    A guild passive that the game was effectively balanced around (because it was too strong) was nerfed without rebalancing the reasons that made it so necessary. Skills are being nerfed in ways that make them nearly useless or remove their original purpose in favor of something entirely unnecessary, even though there are obvious ways to fix them in better ways. They see no problem with having characters be rewarded (potentially with a combo) for messing up.

At this point, there really is no reason to think that this game's PvP will ever be worth it competitively again, unless things change drastically. And that's not considering gear, and barely considering individual character balance.

(ヽยดω`)
    Mar 2011
    piglet my guy
    Unless KOG somehow pulls a miracle, not rly.

Market thread || Code of Conduct || avi by Y0na

Ruben Villager
    Apr 2017
    Not at the rate they're going; they've shown far too little care for the competitive side of things. The matching system in Arena should not take only a minute or so to entirely ignore rank when matching, and Sparring still has issues that should have been fixed a long time ago (No spectating, outdated UI, lack of choices for options [I don't think Arena's 3v3 Winner's Match settings can even be duplicated in Sparring], ERP issues, and the lag issue if it's still there). Storage on attacks and skills since the revamps haven't been fixed yet (not to mention that they still haven't done anything about mashing skills not being punished).
    Every PvP stage since Wintery Velder has been stupid, with one of the better ones (at least for most matchups) just being a slightly altered mirrored version of a pre-existing stage (and the original is better). Characters have had changes done to them that specifically make them worse in latency, and nothing has been done about it for years. A useful normal got removed in favor of bringing back a useless normal that had already been removed, and at least one normal is effectively programmed to miss if the preceding normal hits a target that can be pushed back.
    Infinites are way too low cost and easy, and nothing is done about it even though fixing it would probably halfway fix the overwhelming advantage certain characters get from the first catch. A movement option on a few characters was changed in a way that made things more difficult and contradicted how movement normally works in the game. Adding Stun to anything makes it worse because they haven't done anything proper about being able to resist it.
    A guild passive that the game was effectively balanced around (because it was too strong) was nerfed without rebalancing the reasons that made it so necessary. Skills are being nerfed in ways that make them nearly useless or remove their original purpose in favor of something entirely unnecessary, even though there are obvious ways to fix them in better ways. They see no problem with having characters be rewarded (potentially with a combo) for messing up.

At this point, there really is no reason to think that this game's PvP will ever be worth it competitively again, unless things change drastically. And that's not considering gear, and barely considering individual character balance.
    Ah this was the answers I was looking for.

I've noticed things going towards a decline during s3 tbh, surely not as bad as S4 and above but it was bearable and everyone had a chance. Combos were a thing, mindgames and a little tech could help here and there. Of course we had some okis and dumb characters but it's way worse now.

I agree with what you said above, especially with the movement change and queuing, as I mentioned above with s3. You were always matched with someone with equal rank or something with equivalent(rarely not). Now they don't care in the slightest. About the movement change, how can you change something that was here since the beginning of the games which was no problem but butcher. There is so much other nerfs, balancing, and other revisions that need to be done but they decided to mess with that...Starting to think that was done on purpose or they really just dont care what we say.
    Also about the skills... not even just pvp, I remember in pve I could solo SDs easy with a +7 and wind orbs under 10m....haha nope not these days. Takes forever now, they should have kept the skills the same in pve but I think some of the nerfs in pvp were justified. Though it did make some worthless tho ._.

I see what you mean with your last point, really no turning back and lag will always be here lol

Sander Chieftain
    Sep 2015
    At Nemmy's feet
    There is still a competition, just not where you are searching for it.

•