Guardian
    Mar 2014
    ?! ?! ?! ?! ?! ?!
    ya if by competitive u mean seeing who can shove the most $$$ into the game b4 it stops

Feita Knight
    Dec 2015
    Up in the North
    Not while enhancements matter in PVP and the matching system makes players to sensitive to losses.

Hamel Guardian
    Jan 2013
    Gambling
    Nope, no chance for it to happen.

Elder Citizen
    Mar 2014
    Not at the rate they're going; they've shown far too little care for the competitive side of things. The matching system in Arena should not take only a minute or so to entirely ignore rank when matching, and Sparring still has issues that should have been fixed a long time ago (No spectating, outdated UI, lack of choices for options [I don't think Arena's 3v3 Winner's Match settings can even be duplicated in Sparring], ERP issues, and the lag issue if it's still there). Storage on attacks and skills since the revamps haven't been fixed yet (not to mention that they still haven't done anything about mashing skills not being punished).
    Every PvP stage since Wintery Velder has been stupid, with one of the better ones (at least for most matchups) just being a slightly altered mirrored version of a pre-existing stage (and the original is better). Characters have had changes done to them that specifically make them worse in latency, and nothing has been done about it for years. A useful normal got removed in favor of bringing back a useless normal that had already been removed, and at least one normal is effectively programmed to miss if the preceding normal hits a target that can be pushed back.
    Infinites are way too low cost and easy, and nothing is done about it even though fixing it would probably halfway fix the overwhelming advantage certain characters get from the first catch. A movement option on a few characters was changed in a way that made things more difficult and contradicted how movement normally works in the game. Adding Stun to anything makes it worse because they haven't done anything proper about being able to resist it.
    A guild passive that the game was effectively balanced around (because it was too strong) was nerfed without rebalancing the reasons that made it so necessary. Skills are being nerfed in ways that make them nearly useless or remove their original purpose in favor of something entirely unnecessary, even though there are obvious ways to fix them in better ways. They see no problem with having characters be rewarded (potentially with a combo) for messing up.

At this point, there really is no reason to think that this game's PvP will ever be worth it competitively again, unless things change drastically. And that's not considering gear, and barely considering individual character balance.
    Best summary imo LOL 10/10. Its not coming back. PVP is Ded. We just waiting for the game to die soon. Unless miracles happen. Even BR/ other people's pvp matchups are considerate compared to ours.

Sander Chieftain
    Jan 2012
    Eve's luxury closet
    if you are a fighter, competitive tamashii will always be in your kokoro

Elder Citizen
    Sep 2012
    The Vanillasphere!
    It'd be nice to see Elsword's competitive scene come back to life...
    Arena was such a big focus for a lot of players before, I used to start making other characters to play just to learn them so that I could try and find ways to better fight them on my CN.

Now though, there's way too many issues with arena to make it enjoyable for a lot of competitive players.
    Ladder climbing sometimes ends up being unreasonably punishing and frustrating, the community seems to encourage play that would normally have been frowned upon now, some classes are ridiculously imbalanced & of course latency and lag issues can easily ruin a perfectly fine match otherwise...

I think if KoG started focusing on it's major PvP issues now that it's done so much to make PvE more accessible, maybe the game will regain a bit of it's former glory, maybe we can get old competitive players to return more and get fresh blood into arena again.

I mean heck, the only reasons I'm still even playing is cause I've found a wonderful guild and cause CN's just really fun to play.

Elder Citizen
    Feb 2014
    Sad truth is that in mid season 4 KOG made a choice to ditch RP based ranking (that worked 100% fine) for a more "solid" AP tier based system. Problem with this is that most people get stuck around s/ss. The only way to gain tier is to beat people that are a higher tier than u, but if everyone is stuck around 90-105 (from lack of playerbase) it makes it very hard to gain. So long story short unless we gain 2000 daily players or KOG makes it RP ranking again.....no it wont ever be alive again.

Elder Citizen
    Dec 2013
    Bathing in salt on For Honor
    At the rate it's going and if it continues to do so it's like watching a trainwreck, except rewinding the wreckage after it happens and playing it again. To put it bluntly

No

Hamel Guardian
    Apr 2012
    Sad truth is that in mid season 4 KOG made a choice to ditch RP based ranking (that worked 100% fine) for a more "solid" AP tier based system. Problem with this is that most people get stuck around s/ss. The only way to gain tier is to beat people that are a higher tier than u, but if everyone is stuck around 90-105 (from lack of playerbase) it makes it very hard to gain. So long story short unless we gain 2000 daily players or KOG makes it RP ranking again.....no it wont ever be alive again.
    The change from RP based board ranking has absolutely nothing to do with ranking up; ranking up has always been based purely on AP tier, even as early as Season 1. The only thing RP did before Season 5/4.5 was determine your place on the board if you were the highest rank, and that was actually stupid, considering the methods of being able to farm RP in the highest rank without fighting people in the highest rank.

The change to the board ranking to AP tier is an improvement that just came too late, because there were too many stupid factors in the gameplay of PvP, and too many people left (largely because of those stupid factors).
    The problem with ranking up is primarily because the matching lets you face people too far from you too easily, and there aren't enough people in Arena for there to always be people near you.

Elder Citizen
    Feb 2014
    Sigh ok let me try to explain... In s1/2/3 86 tier was highest tier and u drop to 84 with 1 loss. With this system it was much less work to gain on board or rank up. There is a massive diff from the old 86 tier limit/RP system to what we have now. Also we have had almost the exact same amount of daily players from beta to now lol. Its not that in s2/3 we had way more ppl, its that the system was alot better for not putting ppl in low rank and keeping them there. What we have now was for KR to have a more competitive arena, with AP there is no way to gain unless u beat someone higher. In the old RP system u could stomp on low tier sss all day and get rank 1 never beating anyone higher tier than you. Eng aint my main lang so this is best i can do to explain.

•