Ruben Villager
    Feb 2015
    Cornwall

VC guide for clearing Solace solo??

I try over and over again and STILL I cannot clear Solace by myself. I've others clear it but every time I seem to struggle. I have full +8 4D gear, plague IV on the weapon and my ERP layout is: 10 hp/mp, 22 Strength, 23 MP consumption. My maxi and crit are high enough too, both over 10K and I have the right skill traits for maximum damage too. So where is it I'm going wrong? Ive seen a few VCs clearing Solace solo with Heroic gear and making it look SUPER easy but I find it too hard! E.g. using Revolver Canon on Solace phase 2 pretty much nearly kills me!
    Do I just need to level up my Resonance? Put more points elsewhere? I'm feeling that increasing my max HP would do the trick. I also feel that switching to Heroic mixed gear would reduce my damage output so I dont feel that I should do that but I cant risk putting Heroic effects on my 4D as its just too costly.
    Please help!

Lanox Oracle
    Dec 2013
    Remember that you will only really benefit off ERP points noticeably if you decide to pump them all into one particular area. Considering that you have Extended Quick Slot, I'd personally put all of your points into Strength Skill Damage (because I prefer to kill things faster) since you have consumables to back up your HP and MP usage, but it's up to you as to whether you're struggling so much that you'd put more into HP/MP (I play with a mindset that 99.99% of my deaths could be avoided by being a better pilot so I never build defence if it means sacrificing damage since I can just avoid getting hit in the first place).

(As for consumables, I use your exact except I use Spirit Tea instead of Light Orbs and Advanced Mana Potions instead of Intermediate Warrior Potion. I don't PvP so supplying myself with AP consumables costs me quite a bit)

Also, when Solace goes into his second phase, the best thing to do is to wait out the first minute of it. If you're hitting him, I strongly advise against using any special actives at all (you'll get yourself killed using them); you're better off either using the odd ZZZ loop here and there and maybe some Actives (but be careful since core should hit him).

Otherwise, practice. Those people on YouTube definitely didn't get their nice runs in one go, and eventually you'll get the hang of it. Are you running with solo autoparty buff or without it? If you can record, it might be helpful to upload a video of yourself doing it so that we can provide some helpful feedback in terms of what you can work on since your setup looks fine, so your mistakes probably lie in what happens in the actual run.

Elder Citizen
    Apr 2014
    Within 3 feet of you
    1. don't try to kill him in phase 2. Just wait the minute. Its impossible without either a res stone or Eclipse (see LittleElia's guide)

2. You're a VC, which means you are almost dead from using your skills half the time. You'll need to watch for when he's invincible and when he's not. And clear the judgements or you will get an attack down debuff that makes your damage go down to nothing for a few seconds. Use potions wisely.

3. Heroic gear makes a huge difference, especially for VC: strength stack gloves, mag attack pants, attack/attacked top, your choice of shoes. And don't expect to quickly kill Solace as he has a lot of invincible frames.

Lanox Oracle
    Dec 2013
    Leading on from what ProPotato said, Strength stacking gloves will make the biggest difference in terms of damage.

Ruben Villager
    Feb 2015
    Cornwall
    Leading on from what ProPotato said, Strength stacking gloves will make the biggest difference in terms of damage.
    I have attempted to add Heroic sockets onto my 4D set but instead of increasing skill damage, I got item drop rate. I later tried adding "Damage increase in proportion to HP lost" to my 4D and resulted in a failure. I dont see the point of spending hours of grinding Heroics, days of grinding Henir only to have my efforts thwarted by RNG. If the success was absolute then I would be able to accept either effect I would be given but I dont like the fact that I have to spend mass amounts of ed for the right effects only for it to not even work.
    For example, I had a heroic weapon that increased my DR damage by 10% and reduced damage past 30% hp by 15%. I got a failure and had to spend nearly 700 mil for a piece with a similar effect. I still have weapons and top pieces with effects (such as IC damage increase, RC damage increase) that I dont want to use because I dont want them failing.

Lanox Oracle
    Dec 2013
    If that's the case, then it's perfectly fine. Heroic gear isn't mandatory for clearing this in solo, and it took me a while before I got a piece that is decent enough that I could use (honestly, Strength Stacking gloves are ridiculous, I overkill Shadow mobs with RC alone with a +10 weapon with a full party autoparty buff when I have 5 stacks). If you had great amounts of consistency, you could clear the boss without deaths with a +7 SD weapon, though you'd take quite some time. (Now I'm tempted to try...)

Actually... is there anything specific that you struggle with in the boss fight?

Ruben Villager
    Feb 2015
    Cornwall
    If that's the case, then it's perfectly fine. Heroic gear isn't mandatory for clearing this in solo, and it took me a while before I got a piece that is decent enough that I could use (honestly, Strength Stacking gloves are ridiculous, I overkill Shadow mobs with RC alone with a +10 weapon with a full party autoparty buff when I have 5 stacks). If you had great amounts of consistency, you could clear the boss without deaths with a +7 SD weapon, though you'd take quite some time. (Now I'm tempted to try...)

Actually... is there anything specific that you struggle with in the boss fight?
    I will admit that my MP gain seems to be less that other VCs ive seen who speed run the whole dungeon but i'm prepared to overlook it right now. The boss fight itself, when soloing, i can predict the moves a lot easier and can prevent the judgement bar from filling; except from the swords that you have to destroy. Even when awakened, RC doesnt take 1 down so I always fail at that one. On top of this, the platforms at either end of the map lag when it's supposed to launch you upwards, so even though I reach it in plenty of time, it fails to launch me and i get debuffed, damaged and the judgement bar fills a bit. Solace himself I can handle in phase 1 except from his invincibility frames which are annoying but its mainly the 60 seconds in phase 2 that get me. Again, I've seen VCs launch 2 skills and kill Solace in that time whereas it kills me just launching 1 without even doing much damage to the boss. Even after 60 seconds, Solace is so hard to catch as after almost every no-flinch combo, i uses a skill so I cant even touch him at that point.
    (Also, I would record my gameplay but for some reason the in-game recorder isnt as good as it used to be. I experience too much lag for it to capture anything)

Hamel Guardian
    Dec 2014
    Commencing the Cromwell invocation.
    Your stats are not very high, I must say. As least get a +10 weap or 100 ERP and not spreading them like that. Solace can't be affected by your Plague IV either. I recommend you to get a party, which would be less time consuming.

Ruben Villager
    Feb 2015
    Cornwall
    Your stats are not very high, I must say. As least get a +10 weap or 100 ERP and not spreading them like that. Solace can't be affected by your Plague IV either. I recommend you to get a party, which would be less time consuming.
    Interesting points, considering that having a party will not affect me in any way in clearing Solace solo. Also, it seems like a lot of people seem to solve most of these under-powered issues by saying "Get a +10" and that's it. Also, could you be more specific with "Your stats are not very high", Ive been told by everyone that getting at least 10K maxi and crit is a good first step but now I have it, its still not enough?

Hamel Guardian
    Dec 2014
    Commencing the Cromwell invocation.
    Interesting points, considering that having a party will not affect me in any way in clearing Solace solo. Also, it seems like a lot of people seem to solve most of these under-powered issues by saying "Get a +10" and that's it. Also, could you be more specific with "Your stats are not very high", Ive been told by everyone that getting at least 10K maxi and crit is a good first step but now I have it, its still not enough?
    Like your base Mag attack stat. Also complete your Maya set could give great amount of stats, other choice is Ignia accessories 3/3 or Sinister Intent set, replace your accs which cannot form set effects, if you have El turbine from 6 years anniversary then wear it... Having a RoF can free up some sockets for you to increase other stats instead of Awk charge/gain.

Using elixirs and Hot spring and/or Gate of Darkness buffa helps too. 4D set is one of the best set you can use, ppl mostly use Heroic gears because they used Raid weaps/Void weaps.

Also Solace stage 2 will return 10% of dmg done to him to you, so the stronger skill used against him, the more dmg you did to yourself, especially after Overheating and you already lost a large portion of your health, easier to kill yourself when attacking him.

The Movement/Jump speed is also low, making you harder to dodge his attacks or finding the jump pad in time. As least getting 20% of movement/jump speed.

Also you will lose Auto Party buff when you died once and resurrected, so that was why later you would be much weaker, and increasingly hard to win against Solace.
    : typos

•