Lanox Oracle
    Dec 2013
    Heroic set will definitely help, but like I said earlier, not mandatory.

Sky, when you say "how often do you pass it" are you referring to how many times I lag or how many times I clear the dungeon. The latter, I've cleared it many times with a party but only a few times Ive quit the dungeon during phase 2 after 60 seconds because theres literally no time to combo Solace.
    Oh, I'm asking how often you lag and therefore can't pass that particular judgement stage (the one where you have to get on the platform and it pushes you up into the air).

Also, literally no time to combo Solace? Like you've said, in the 2nd phase, he's a lot harder to combo because he's in stoic a lot of the time. The main ways I deal with this is to either chain SAs together to stay in invincibility frames as he's dishing out attacks or predict where he'll go (after some practice, he gets relatively predictable) and use skills here and there (since most of your most damaging SAs have some sort of range). From what you're implying with your wording, you're trying to beat him down while he has the damage reflect, which isn't something that's desirable if you're not in a party and/or you don't have ridiculous levels of gear.

Ruben Villager
    Feb 2015
    Cornwall
    Heroic set will definitely help, but like I said earlier, not mandatory.

Oh, I'm asking how often you lag and therefore can't pass that particular judgement stage (the one where you have to get on the platform and it pushes you up into the air).

Also, literally no time to combo Solace? Like you've said, in the 2nd phase, he's a lot harder to combo because he's in stoic a lot of the time. The main ways I deal with this is to either chain SAs together to stay in invincibility frames as he's dishing out attacks or predict where he'll go (after some practice, he gets relatively predictable) and use skills here and there (since most of your most damaging SAs have some sort of range). From what you're implying with your wording, you're trying to beat him down while he has the damage reflect, which isn't something that's desirable if you're not in a party and/or you don't have ridiculous levels of gear.
    Oh no, i meant after the 60 seconds into phase 2 and the damage reflex is gone. His attack speed does increase somewhat so it can be hard to recover from the judgement skills to lay attacks onto Solace before he stoics again. In terms of lag, it can happen at any time although my screen or gameplay doesnt visually lag, its just the platform doesnt shoot me up in time but it happens randomly.

Lanox Oracle
    Dec 2013
    I wouldn't rely on catching him at all to deal damage (I personally assume that he'll be on stoic 24/7, since even if you catch him, he can easily use the afterimage attack). After judgement attacks, either enter SS or jump around and wait for him to come to you, since he'll definitely start attacking once he teleports to you, then you can either jump or SS away and start using skills.

Hamel Guardian
    Dec 2014
    Commencing the Cromwell invocation.
    tfw asks for help but puts down like most people's suggestions

You can't make VC great again with that attitude
    I wonder when VC was considered "great" either. Never stronger than BM or RF if not severely weaker, after revamp not getting any new command and most neglected in medias too.

Lanox Oracle
    Dec 2013
    I wonder when VC was considered "great" either. Never stronger than BM or RF if not severely weaker, after revamp not getting any new command and most neglected in medias too.
    I don't know whether VC would be put above RF and BM at this particular time, but he was definitely at some sort of peak after the trait changes to IC-N from Absorbing and Useful to Critical and Heavy. During this time, Veteran boosted damage by 40% when under 50% HP and I believe IC-N did a total of around 11k% (not sure whether this includes traits at all) and also completely ignored defence since the Critical trait nerf was after this period. IC-I also did 5508% damage when Overheated during this time. One could easily take out 1/3 of a Shadow mob's HP with a +9 SD weapon with IC-N alone (I specifically remember not using my Legendary weapon since I felt guilty for using it when IC-N was already so powerful), but I guess RC kind of takes the role that IC-N used to, though definitely not to the level that IC-N used to have.

Hamel Guardian
    Dec 2014
    Commencing the Cromwell invocation.
    I don't know whether VC would be put above RF and BM at this particular time, but he was definitely at some sort of peak after the trait changes to IC-N from Absorbing and Useful to Critical and Heavy. During this time, Veteran boosted damage by 40% when under 50% HP and I believe IC-N did a total of around 11k% (not sure whether this includes traits at all) and also completely ignored defence since the Critical trait nerf was after this period. IC-I also did 5508% damage when Overheated during this time. One could easily take out 1/3 of a Shadow mob's HP with a +9 SD weapon with IC-N alone (I specifically remember not using my Legendary weapon since I felt guilty for using it when IC-N was already so powerful), but I guess RC kind of takes the role that IC-N used to, though definitely not to the level that IC-N used to have.
    Yeah but all he got were damage and damage, not utilities or tools for helping his neutral and catching game in PvP at all. The play style of tanking then one shotting people with Awk + Veteran 40% dmg increase + OH critical IC-N which can't be manabreak from is dumb.

Lanox Oracle
    Dec 2013
    Yeah but all he got were damage and damage, not utilities or tools for helping his neutral and catching game in PvP at all. The play style of tanking then one shotting people with Awk + Veteran 40% dmg increase + OH critical IC-N which can't be manabreak from is dumb.
    ... Ah, didn't think about that aspect. (PvP never comes to mind for me, but either way, I don't think he was ever a top-tier class in PvP)

•