Hamel Guardian
    Mar 2011
    Canada, Ontario, Markham
    1) get a better title
    2) get a % p.a/m.a accessories
    3) get to lvl 100 ERP and put all into strength
    4) heroic glove [strength stack] is all you need
    5) heroic bottom [M.att]
    6) if you want heroic essence, just do normal heroic and extract them. they have the same value as heroic hell. and 10000x more easier
    7) if you have trouble, solo queue buff will help but don't use it too often as you will feel it if you don't use it
    8) Identification on your weapon
    9) a pet that is at least -10/-10 [hedgehog/Uniring]
    10) your stats is ok. no need to rush
    11) get full SR set or at least an IB set that increases your overall stats/damage.
    12) try and get a void weapon if you're going for heroic set. Henir 4/4 isn't going to do much without the weapon.
    13) use velder necklace + ignia 3/3 + sinister 3/3 for free 10% att
    14) make use of your hp to do maximum damage.
    15) learn how to fight solace.

Ruben Villager
    Feb 2015
    Cornwall
    Im just going to put this out here now; I dont need any more awk charge as my 3 beads are replenished by the time awk runs out. As for mobility, I feel fine with the agility I have as I know Solace's attacks and can easily avoid/tank against them. I also lack the El Turbine set as I was absent during the event.
    As for Shibi's points:
    -Please specify what title is "better".
    -Putting all my erp into Strength is not the best idea, I still need MP consumption and HP/MP increase.
    -I already mentioned that I am not going to use Heroic gear as my 4D is stronger.
    -Grinding for hours on Heroic Normal consumes too much resources and time, especially when you dont get the pieces you're looking for.
    -I have Eltrion pet which is at -3,18
    -I refuse to spend more money just to get a better costume set, IB pieces are way too expensive and the chance of pulling them is pretty much 1%.
    -If I use Velder necklace, I will be sacrificing my MP necklace which I dont want to do.
    -"Make use of your HP to do maximum damage", this contradicts what you stated earlier; if I put all my erp into Strength, my hp will drop too fast
    therefore I need more HP which means not putting all my erp into strength.
    -I know what attacks Solace uses and how to avoid them, but as mentioned earlier I need more damage to make it effective.

As for Capt's points:
    -Sinister Intent accessories, just like Heroic pieces, seem so taxing on time and resources to actually obtain but I haven't ruled out getting them.
    -As mentioned, I dont use RoF as I have no sockets dedicated for awk charge and my beads refill once awk duration finishes.

Since writing this, I now have Ignia 3/3 but still need Sinister Intent accessories. I'm also thinking about getting both mp consumption and strength erp to 25 and then put 40 into hp/mp increase as I need all the HP i can get.

Hamel Guardian
    Dec 2014
    Commencing the Cromwell invocation.
    Ok, take your time please. 10-6 is supposed to be endgame content, so ofc it would be hard. Eventually you would be able to solo it. About the Sheath trial, I don't think you can solo clearing it, so just simply dodge Solace until the debuff from that trial running out.

Altera Savior
    Feb 2013
    If you can easily avoid Solace's attacks (though I would advise against tanking most things, but you don't seem to plan on doing Heroics, so...), then there's no need to put points into Max HP/MP. More ERP into Strength Skill Damage means that you're less likely to use multiple skills to take out the same group of mobs, thus saving on time and MP in the long run. In your previous thread about ERP, I believe most players told you to go for Skill Damage first and to not spread out your points. MP Cost Reduction can be taken after you have capped Skill Damage.

As for titles, I'm sure most would recommend Passion Pay.

Lanox Oracle
    Dec 2013
    If you can easily avoid Solace's attacks (though I would advise against tanking most things, but you don't seem to plan on doing Heroics, so...), then there's no need to put points into Max HP/MP. More ERP into Strength Skill Damage means that you're less likely to use multiple skills to take out the same group of mobs, thus saving on time and MP in the long run. In your previous thread about ERP, I believe most players told you to go for Skill Damage first and to not spread out your points. MP Cost Reduction can be taken after you have capped Skill Damage.

As for titles, I'm sure most would recommend Passion Pay.
    I think this pretty much sums up what I want to say, too.

Also, other VCs can wipe Solace out in Phase 2 within 60 seconds because they have gear (refer to Anstory's guide about getting the true ending in this dungeon). You could probably do that if you had a Stage 15 +11 Void Weapon and full Heroic gear (with the latter being the most important), but you don't. Again, the best thing to do is to wait out the 60 seconds and avoid dying at all costs, and then once it's over, you can start hitting him.

Hamel Guardian
    Mar 2011
    Canada, Ontario, Markham
    Im just going to put this out here now; I dont need any more awk charge as my 3 beads are replenished by the time awk runs out. As for mobility, I feel fine with the agility I have as I know Solace's attacks and can easily avoid/tank against them. I also lack the El Turbine set as I was absent during the event.
    As for Shibi's points:
    -Please specify what title is "better".\
    passion pay or anything that's skill damage
    -Putting all my erp into Strength is not the best idea, I still need MP consumption and HP/MP increase
    that little amount of HP/MP won't affect you. Strength stack is way better than hp/mp. get to lvl 100 ERP
    -I already mentioned that I am not going to use Heroic gear as my 4D is stronger
    4D is only stronger if the heroic gear has bad lines. 10% strength stack glove beats your full gear
    -Grinding for hours on Heroic Normal consumes too much resources and time, especially when you dont get the pieces you're looking for
    Heroic normal is so easy to farm. just do 3 per day and pray for glove ID and RNG to bless you. I exploded 30+ gloves in order to get 10% flex.
    -I have Eltrion pet which is at -3,18
    that's bad. you need -3/-[y]
    -I refuse to spend more money just to get a better costume set, IB pieces are way too expensive and the chance of pulling them is pretty much 1%.
    Fair enugh, but you ask for more damage.
    -If I use Velder necklace, I will be sacrificing my MP necklace which I dont want to do.
    you have mana potions and pet abuse if you decided to train your pet to -100/-100. You literally will have perma pet buff on at -100/-100 if you keep making your hp to 30%
    -"Make use of your HP to do maximum damage", this contradicts what you stated earlier; if I put all my erp into Strength, my hp will drop too fast
    35% strength damage shouldn't be looked down upon.
    therefore I need more HP which means not putting all my erp into strength.
    why do you need that much hp in the first place. VC just needs to constantly get overheat mode which means he needs his hp to below 50%. hence why i say you need a shy/sen pet to perma hp gain.
    bolded answer.
    If you're not abusing your pet's encouragement as a VC, you're doing something wrong

(ヽ´ω`)
    Mar 2011
    piglet my guy
    snippity snop
    tfw asks for help but puts down like most people's suggestions

You can't make VC great again with that attitude

Market thread || Code of Conduct || avi by Y0na

Lanox Oracle
    Dec 2013
    Just to add on (because I realised that I missed one of your previous points completely):
    • The part when you have to destroy the sheathes is ridiculously hard for whatever reason, even with a party. You'd probably need a combination of a set few classes and some levels of gear in order to get past that phase.
    • Unfortunately, lag isn't something that can be helped very much, but out of curiosity, how often do you pass it, if at all?
    • Refer to my previous response regarding Phase 2.

Also, while abusing pet encouragement is definitely beneficial and makes a difference, it's not mandatory (a little like getting Heroic gear isn't mandatory for this boss fight).

*edit Have you ever tried doing some analyse on the videos that others make regarding the boss? You can then compare them to what you do (and especially note where you fail and what noticeable mistakes you make). Being able to record yourself would also benefit in this regard, but I guess it can't be helped if the in-game recorder is bad.

Ruben Villager
    Feb 2015
    Cornwall
    tfw asks for help but puts down like most people's suggestions

You can't make VC great again with that attitude
    I dont see you adding your suggestions, some help you are -_-

Regarding the other helpful advice, I'm still not discouraged to get HP/MP increase but instead will get Strength first before increasing hp/mp. I have also decided to make a Heroic set just in case I may need it.

Sky, when you say "how often do you pass it" are you referring to how many times I lag or how many times I clear the dungeon. The latter, I've cleared it many times with a party but only a few times Ive quit the dungeon during phase 2 after 60 seconds because theres literally no time to combo Solace.

(ヽ´ω`)
    Mar 2011
    piglet my guy
    idk how to VC but I do agree with most of what Shibi suggested. There isn't rly any point for me to repeat basic stuff that everyone else said.

Just wanted 2 point something out, anything wrong with that? :v

Market thread || Code of Conduct || avi by Y0na

•