thread: Coming back

Ruben Villager
    Jun 2016

Coming back

Hello random people on the forums. So I'm plaining on coming back to the game soon and I kinda sorta kept tabs on the game as far as updates. I recently saw that B-slots are now free with a quest to get one (I have been hoping and asking for this for so long) so I plan to come back and actually try to work on my charactors. So I just have a few questions:

How is the game so far?

what good updates have come out? (stoped playing around when magic wardrobe came out)

what end game gear is worth getting like heroic and henir? (thinkng on getting henir gear but I want to hear your thoughts)

and for ERP what charactor and class is a good exp mule? (puting all points into exp gain)

Anything worth mentioning

thank you for taking the time to answer and hope to see some of you ingame.

EDIT: should have mentioned that I'm a PvE player to help explain things clearer. Don't really care for pvp at all.

Altera Savior
    Jul 2013
    forums
    Welcome back! Elsword isn't without it's flaws, but it's definitely in a better place. When you say MW, is that for NA? You haven't been gone too long then, so there's not so much to talk about. Obviously, there's the b-slot and quick slot monthly quests now.. and a lot of nice freebies for summer events. Bingo is down right now, but it gives some good stuff (free transcendence, skill unlock manuals.. etc.)

Er, nothing else specific comes to mind but there's been some little bug fixes here and there, along with tiny things like further customization (awakening, frames..). Population sort of wavers, but with the summer and recent events the game seems to be livening up (at least in NA server).

MW is still in progress, but can now add most IBs and their respective accessories, costume suits, and a handful of regular costumes. Dimension of Sinister Intent is a 30 stage NPC fight, pretty tough. Let's you craft accessories. I'm not exactly sure what's new since MW and what came before, so sorry if there's any unnecessary info.

Moving on! Henir gives good resistance and a full set gives 10%, but heroic is usually the way to go. Henir was revamped to make it waaay easier to craft equipment now though, so I recommend getting that set if you have nothing else.. then you can move into grinding heroics, as they're extremely RNG.

Someone else can answer ERP better.. not too familiar as my judgements are extremely biased, but I guess Grand Archer would be easy.. Rena is a great base class to play, otherwise maybe a Noblesse? Strong PVE game.. Er, Asura is pretty good too. Just some ideas.

Lanox Oracle
    Dec 2013
    How is the game so far? I think someone else can better handle this question. I'm not the best when it comes to sharing my opinions.

what good updates have come out? (stoped playing around when magic wardrobe came out) Other than what Fab has said, I can't really expand as I'm not the best on providing information like this either (my bad memory doesn't exactly help when I don't remember the dates of notable balance patches).

what end game gear is worth getting like heroic and henir? (thinkng on getting henir gear but I want to hear your thoughts) Like what Fab said, Heroic. Heroic is more desirable due to it's higher raw stats mainly (which noticeably beats Henir in), Henir is more of a PvP set due to having more diverse set effects (which would otherwise have no use in PvE). The standard combination of Heroic is 3/5 + 2/5 Wrath and Wisdom (whichever one has the 3/5 doesn't matter), but the strongest combination in the game is a Void Weapon alongside 2/5 + 2/5 Wrath and Wisdom Heroic gear.

I'll expand further if you wish.

and for ERP what charactor and class is a good exp mule? (puting all points into exp gain)
    Usually classes that don't require much investment to already deal great amounts of damage. CR is most likely the best candidate as she has very strong bossing damage with little investment (passives a very strong, relies on commands for damage so consumables shouldn't be that much of an issue unless you play Strength CR, easy to play, decent emphasis on bossing damage because of the nature of SDs so she's still relevant) and doesn't even need a B slot to do her job, which is mainly to melt anything tanky to the ground. Other viable candidates include GA (like Fab suggested, Siege and Gungnir do stupid amounts of damage, doesn't need B slot to function properly), BM (will cost a bit more investment in terms of consumables but can hold his ground due to double buffs), and NB to an extent.
    Answers in bold.

Ruben Villager
    Jun 2016
    thx for the replies guys. I decided to make NB my EXP mule. If you could explain how the heroic gear works that would be awesome. I've done heroic once before but I never really grinded it before. I know what to look for once I get to hell mode since I see alot of it in other forums, but what should I look for for normal? what do I do with the mats I get from dismantaling them? basiclly instuctions on how to start off heroic dungeons. I simply ask you try to keep it simple for me to understand. thx in advance for your replies

Lanox Oracle
    Dec 2013
    As end-game gear, only Unique Heroic gear is considered, which can only be dropped from Heroic Hell (basically, only grind Heroic Hell if you plan to run the dungeon, but of course, you can use Normal for practice runs). Unless you have a decent amount of experience on the mode already and you are confident enough in your consistency as a pilot, the community recommends that you use at least a +10 SD weapon in order to do decently in the mode. I'll go through each of the lines of Heroic identifications (which cannot be reset in any way):

1st line: Heroic Rank. This determines the base stat of a piece. Not important in the armour if you have a good 2nd line, but this is very important on the weapon. Rank ranges between 1-29. To compare to the raw stats of other sets, SD gear is around rank 14 I think, and Henir gear (including the +10% attack set effect) is rank 22. If ranks existed above 29, Legendary Raid weapons would be R32 because of their +10 attack levels.

2nd line: Effects. This is the most important line. Here is a link to all of the possible effects: http://elwiki.net/w/S-2#Heroic_Equipment_Effects
    The ideal PvE setup for each armour piece would be:
    Top: Attack/Attacked +% (often shortened to "suicide top")
    Bottom: Party's Physical/Magical attack (depending on the primary attack stat of your class) increase +%
    Gloves: Skill Tier Stacking (depending on the primary skill tier used by your class. This is the most important piece in the set as it allows for a potential 50% damage increase for your class's primary skill tier skills)
    Shoes: MP Cost -%

3rd line: Skill boost. On armour, a random skill will be assigned to this slot and have it's damage boosted by 10%. This is, usually, the least important set effect, but will add to the value of a piece if it boosts an important skill and goes particularly well with that class (eg if you had a R29 Blade with, say, Revolver Cannon damage increase, the 3rd line will add value to the piece as it is a relevant skill to VC. Same can be said if you had a R10 Glove with Strength damage stacking and RC damage increase).

With the materials you get from dismantling them (they should be blue crystals of sorts, don't remember their name), you can go to Glave and use them to craft pieces. Of course, their rarity (between Elite and Unique) is random, but will come unidentified.

Because all of these pieces are tradeable, it's entirely possible to have Heroic gear without touching the Heroic dungeons at all. If you are going to enter them, a few words of advice:
    • I highly recommend bringing Extended Quick Slot, not only for the MP (importance depending on class), but so you can fit in more HP consumables as well to prevent death (you can only resurrect 3 times during the dungeon, but you are able to resurrect others using your own stones. Keep in mind that if you do not resurrect within the countdown when you die, you will not be able to resurrect later, but you are still free to resurrect others using any resurrection stones you may have left).
    • All mobs move at double speed and have drastically increased attack power. Assume every hit will kill you unless you have Wonder Wall (from an IP) up. Make sure to stay highly alert and react quickly at all times.
    • Shadow mobs in this mode have Gates of Darkness elixirs. This includes things like Rosso's Blazing Ring and Blazing Bomb, all of which can kill you and have very powerful DoT. They can also teleport to players at random. Be careful, and always have that CRP ready. You can socket elemental resistances to reduce the damage of these elixirs (Fire and Water, since Denif's ice orbs is included).

Ruben Villager
    Jun 2016
    the community recommends that you use at least a +10 SD weapon in order to do decently in the mode.
    haha, knowing my luck, my weapon will break trying to get it to +7 unless they changed how that works. (all my gear is +6) thx for the explaination, alot to take in but I get the gest of what to look for. kinda scared to go in tbh but I'm sure I will get use to it.

Because all of these pieces are tradeable, it's entirely possible to have Heroic gear without touching the Heroic dungeons at all.
    I'm...not sure I understand this part. don't I have to enter heroic dungeon to get the mats?

Elder Citizen
    Jul 2016
    I'm...not sure I understand this part. don't I have to enter heroic dungeon to get the mats?
    Everything can be bought off the board.

Ruben Villager
    Jun 2016
    oh right..thats a thing. welp, lets see how far I can get with +6 enhanced ang and 10 revs. altho I might want to get the locked trans passives first before I attemp heroics. I have a question about the heroic gear: I was looking at normal and hell gear and they are both "unique" can some explain the difference between the two? (guessing one is stronger then the other)

Ruben Villager
    Jul 2017
    Welcome back, then.

Lanox Oracle
    Dec 2013
    oh right..thats a thing. welp, lets see how far I can get with +6 enhanced ang and 10 revs. altho I might want to get the locked trans passives first before I attemp heroics. I have a question about the heroic gear: I was looking at normal and hell gear and they are both "unique" can some explain the difference between the two? (guessing one is stronger then the other)
    The normal gear should be the ones from the previous Heroic update. The newer ones (the ones that would be tagged with either Wrath, Wisdom or Vision in their names) are the ones that you want.

Also, Heroic equipment don't require materials to craft, necessarily. They can come as directly drops from bosses in Heroic dungeons.

•