• No.

45 62.50%
  • Yes.

27 37.50%
    Velder Noble
    Jun 2012
    Just west of wierd...

should Money Matching be Illegal?

what do you guys think? so this thread doesn't get deleted dont mention that guy. this is just a general question. this applies both to ED and real cash.

Hamel Guardian
    Oct 2013
    Hell's Third River
    I would have to say yes.

The exchange of money outside of the ingame currency (ED, not Kching) is not so easily dealt with in the case of scams.
    It can get legal very quickly, and no company wants to deal with that ♥♥♥♥, hence why they say it's illegal.
    It's a safeguard for both the company as well as its players.

Ruben Villager
    Aug 2014
    Some Place
    No of course not, MMs are one of the only two competitive parts of els, stripping that away just kills the already very much dead competitive scene, there is also 0 reasons why they should be illegal, MMs exist outside of els in a lot of games, so i don't see any reason why they should be.

Feita Knight
    Mar 2011
    Discord > Skype
    put ur money where ur mouth is fam

Elysion Navigator
    Mar 2011
    Out searching...
    put ur money where ur mouth is fam
    Account Match. You lose, you delete your characters. o .o

Elder Citizen
    Oct 2014
    The Abyss
    no, almost every other competitive game has player bases that have money matches
    plus elsword has had MMs in the past as well, i'm kinda confused as to why it was suddenly changed (without warning) to be "illegal"
    stripping that away just kills the already very much dead competitive scene
    this too

Velder Noble
    Jun 2012
    Just west of wierd...
    I would have to say yes.

The exchange of money outside of the ingame currency (ED, not Kching) is not so easily dealt with in the case of scams.
    It can get legal very quickly, and no company wants to deal with that ♥♥♥♥, hence why they say it's illegal.
    It's a safeguard for both the company as well as its players.
    I take it you dont understand how money matches work.
    for starters, theres no legal obligation to pay someone you lose to, you just get shamed for being "that guy". MMs are community driven so doing that would get you ostracized quickly in other communities. theres no scam its a part of what drives a competitive community.(which I see is gone now)

Hamel Guardian
    Oct 2013
    Hell's Third River
    I take it you dont understand how money matches work.
    for starters, theres no legal obligation to pay someone you lose to, you just get shamed for being "that guy". MMs are community driven so doing that would get you ostracized quickly in other communities. theres no scam its a part of what drives a competitive community.(which I see is gone now)
    First off, I do understand what they are. And secondly, I was referring to situations where players would makes bets, end up losing real money, and then blame the company for their losses. It would make sense that a company would try to eliminate the chances of this backlash.

Elysion Navigator
    Mar 2011
    Canad- No its Japan. Yes Japan.
    Eh. I wanna say no....

But it's really up to who is in charge of the game, and the people participating. It's personally driven so there you go.

If we're talking about a console game like Smash, it's more up to those participating since Nintendo can't oversee every person playing the game.

But in a MMO, the company may want to cut that out to help sales, idk.

It's a touchy topic. I'm going to back to work.

Velder Noble
    Jun 2012
    Just west of wierd...
    First off, I do understand what they are. And secondly, I was referring to situations where players would makes bets, end up losing real money, and then blame the company for their losses. It would make sense that a company would try to eliminate the chances of this backlash.
    no one has ever done that and if they tried they would get ignored because its not a scam. no one in any game even this one has ever had that issue or case ever be a thing. you're trying to go full safespace for a space that doesnt need that kind of saftey.

•