Ruben Villager
    Jul 2017

Question Returning questions

Hello everyone! My name is MunchingDragon. This is my first time posting in the forums, but I have played the game before(on 2 seperate occasions) and it has been 2 years since I last played. I decided to return, motivated by the event and permanent add-on of B slots being obtainable without money(just doing quests I assume?). I am not very rich per say, so the answers need to be realistic for scrubs like me.
    1.How far can you get without spending a lot of money? I ask every forum of every MMORPG I play so I would not get shocked or anything, I have bad experiences.
    2.What are the best classes to start off with? I am not intending to do PvP, so I need classes that are good at PvE without MASSIVE(emphasis on massive) funding.
    3.How active is the community in general on the forums?
    4.Are there any major differences between NA and EU servers? If so, what are the differences?

Thanks in advance and I am excited to come back to this game!

Lanox Oracle
    Dec 2013
    1. There has been a quality of life improvement now that B slots and Extended Quick Slots can be obtained for free (they're timed for 30 days, but there is a repeat quest that you can do monthly for them). I'd say that it's not as much anymore, but depends a lot on how well you can navigate the market, how much grinding you can do, and pilot skill is also a small factor. Almost everything in this game can be obtained for no real money (either by purchasing KC off other people or buying things from the board), but again, playing the market game is extremely important in this as you'll need hundreds of millions of ED to get things like full IB sets for no real money.
    2. GA, NB, BM (to an extent), and CR come to mind for me for now, but it's slightly difficult for me to answer as you haven't specified whether you wanted something with relatively low difficulty as well (the ones that I've listed are relatively easy, of course, every class takes a bit of time to pick up).
    3. I'm not part of any other community so I can't say for sure.
    4. Updates and activity. NA is a lot more active than the EU servers and the EU servers are, I believe, still months behind us in terms of updates (while we are about 2 weeks behind the mother server, KR), but I'm not 100% sure about this one.

Hopefully these address your concerns.

Ruben Villager
    Jul 2017
    1. There has been a quality of life improvement now that B slots and Extended Quick Slots can be obtained for free (they're timed for 30 days, but there is a repeat quest that you can do monthly for them). I'd say that it's not as much anymore, but depends a lot on how well you can navigate the market, how much grinding you can do, and pilot skill is also a small factor. Almost everything in this game can be obtained for no real money (either by purchasing KC off other people or buying things from the board), but again, playing the market game is extremely important in this as you'll need hundreds of millions of ED to get things like full IB sets for no real money.
    2. GA, NB, BM (to an extent), and CR come to mind for me for now, but it's slightly difficult for me to answer as you haven't specified whether you wanted something with relatively low difficulty as well (the ones that I've listed are relatively easy, of course, every class takes a bit of time to pick up).
    3. I'm not part of any other community so I can't say for sure.
    4. Updates and activity. NA is a lot more active than the EU servers and the EU servers are, I believe, still months behind us in terms of updates (while we are about 2 weeks behind the mother server, KR), but I'm not 100% sure about this one.

Hopefully these address your concerns.
    So the B slot quest can be redone once a month? Sweet! Also, what do you mean pilot skill?
    What do all those abbreviations mean? I am still fairly new to this game I would like to say.

Lanox Oracle
    Dec 2013
    Pilot skill refers to how good you are as a player. Being good means faster runs, even if it's by a little bit, and all that saved time adds up.

ED: The money currency in the game.
    KC: K-Ching (the currency that you use real life money to buy that you can spend in the Item Mall). Some of the items that can be bought using K-Ching are tradeable or giftable, so you can "buy KC" off players (and it's easier if they have gifting unlocked, as gifting is only unlocked after you spend a certain amount). How the trade works is the buyer or seller specifies a rate (a ratio of x million ED to 100 KC, eg 30:100 means 30 million ED per 100 KC), the buyer should always give ED first (as getting scammed and losing real life money is a lot more punishing than getting scammed and losing ED), then the seller can either trade the requested item in the same trade (if the item is tradeable and the cost for the buyer is 700 million or under as 700 million is the trade limit on how much ED one can trade) or gift the item to the buyer. Some items are, however, untradeable and ungiftable, but usually they're things that you can obtain yourself such as skill quests and job advancements.
    IB sets: Ice Burner sets. These are costume sets (that also come with accessories) that can only be obtained from the gacha of the game: Ice Burners. Of course, the chance isn't 100%, but these are generally regarded as the best costumes one can get (as opposed to ones obtainable from the IM) due to their superior set effects. Of course, some are better than others in this regard, but I won't go into detail unless you want me to.
    Classes: GA is Grand Archer (Rena), NB is Noblesse (Luciel), BM is Blade Master (Raven) and CR is Crimson Rose (Rose). If you would like me to elaborate on why I recommended these, feel free to ask again.

Ruben Villager
    Jul 2017
    Pilot skill refers to how good you are as a player. Being good means faster runs, even if it's by a little bit, and all that saved time adds up.

ED: The money currency in the game.
    KC: K-Ching (the currency that you use real life money to buy that you can spend in the Item Mall). Some of the items that can be bought using K-Ching are tradeable or giftable, so you can "buy KC" off players (and it's easier if they have gifting unlocked, as gifting is only unlocked after you spend a certain amount). How the trade works is the buyer or seller specifies a rate (a ratio of x million ED to 100 KC, eg 30:100 means 30 million ED per 100 KC), the buyer should always give ED first (as getting scammed and losing real life money is a lot more punishing than getting scammed and losing ED), then the seller can either trade the requested item in the same trade (if the item is tradeable and the cost for the buyer is 700 million or under as 700 million is the trade limit on how much ED one can trade) or gift the item to the buyer. Some items are, however, untradeable and ungiftable, but usually they're things that you can obtain yourself such as skill quests and job advancements.
    IB sets: Ice Burner sets. These are costume sets (that also come with accessories) that can only be obtained from the gacha of the game: Ice Burners. Of course, the chance isn't 100%, but these are generally regarded as the best costumes one can get (as opposed to ones obtainable from the IM) due to their superior set effects. Of course, some are better than others in this regard, but I won't go into detail unless you want me to.
    Classes: GA is Grand Archer (Rena), NB is Noblesse (Luciel), BM is Blade Master (Raven) and CR is Crimson Rose (Rose). If you would like me to elaborate on why I recommended these, feel free to ask again.
    But doesn't that mean that this game is quite unfair? Are costumes necessary to do good damage? Can you still get by without getting anything KC related? How do you get ED besides farming in dungeons and selling items to shops in town?
    I would like to know why you chose those classes.

Elder Citizen
    Sep 2012
    The Vanillasphere!
    IB's definitely help in increasing your output, there's normally ways to get other kinds of costumes until then to help you out though.
    They mostly are there to help with socketing stats and giving helpful set effect bonuses.
    Otherwise the game's a lot more easy on more casual players now than it was before.

Ruben Villager
    Jul 2017
    IB's definitely help in increasing your output, there's normally ways to get other kinds of costumes until then to help you out though.
    They mostly are there to help with socketing stats and giving helpful set effect bonuses.
    Otherwise the game's a lot more easy on more casual players now than it was before.
    Thank you! Love the profile pic. Is that Neo from RWBY?

Elder Citizen
    Sep 2012
    The Vanillasphere!
    Yes!! c:
    poopy /10char

Lanox Oracle
    Dec 2013
    Costumes aren't necessarily to deal high amounts of damage, I'd say that it depends more on your weapon enhancement. Either way, you can still obtain costumes using purely ED, and sometimes there are events that give out free costumes too (though you usually have to grind for them). Selling items on the board is your best source of profit, but it may take a while for it all to rack up.

So, for classes:
    GA: Not reliant on B slot to do what she's best at - bossing. She plays ranged combat, so she doesn't die as easily, and also has easy access to damage in the form of Siege and Gungnir. Siege does stupid amounts of damage (almost 20k% damage with Nature's Force on all volleys and Empowered traits, all hits), has a net cost of 200MP, 5 second CD and also works off Arrow Mastery (chance to fire an arrow that ignores defence) and Vibe Shot (chance of double hit). Because of the way procs work in this game in that, if you proc an effect, it applies to every hit you deal in that short time window rather than just one hit, usually that effect (be it Arrow Mastery proc or Vibe Shot) will proc for the rest of the volley that you've fired, resulting in damage that exceeds some of current Hyper Actives. Gungnir will deal about 22k% unconditionally, plus deal more if the target is wider as they take more hits, and it's a skill that you can just fire off and then it'll do it's work for you, leaving you free to do anything else (such as using Siege). Not only does she pack damage, but she can boost it further with Stigma Shot (targets will take additional damage and more additional Critical damage) which can aid her allies, and she can freeze bosses in place with Freezing Arrow. Her main weakness is that she cannot clear as fast as other classes, but one of her upsides is being able to keep up MP as she has good natural MP gain and doesn't rely much on consumables.

NB: Regarded as one of the best PvE classes in the game with most likely the highest overall score, NB has the ability to both clear and boss efficiently without much difficulty. Eschaton is an easy, reliable horizontal clearing skill that has almost 3 platforms of vertical range with Gigantic, and also does good amounts of damage as well, and most of NB's other skills such as Twilight Judgement and Magdonic Cannon also have AoE to them, which helps her cleanup (not to mention Spectral Spear has some homing damage). Shadow Bolt does around 16k% damage with all hits and the level 90 passive Noblesse Oblige, and also is on a 13 CD, which carries her DPS (alongside her other skills, of course). Even in the burst category, she has Rain of Chaos, which does roughly 26k% damage on medium sized targets, even more when the target is wider. While she has a bit more reliance on consumables, she will definitely not disappoint provided you know how to manage her properly.

BM: Also has more reliance on consumables, but otherwise is solid in both clearing and bossing. Shockwaves are his main tool that can function well in both bossing and clearing situations, Shootup Genocide and Power Assault are some other skills he can use for bossing, Armour Crash allows him to ignore defence, and he also has access to double buffs, which boosts his damage by 46% (though these take MP to put up). Bloody Accel provides him healing as well, which is a plus for his survivability.

CR: Like GA, she shines most in bossing, sporting insane DPS with her combos (Revolver shots) alone, which is higher than the DPS of any of her skills provided you don't build any specific damage build towards them. While she's definitely weak in clearing (even more so than GA), she shines especially in bossing (or anything tanky).

Ruben Villager
    Jul 2017
    Costumes aren't necessarily to deal high amounts of damage, I'd say that it depends more on your weapon enhancement. Either way, you can still obtain costumes using purely ED, and sometimes there are events that give out free costumes too (though you usually have to grind for them). Selling items on the board is your best source of profit, but it may take a while for it all to rack up.

So, for classes:
    GA: Not reliant on B slot to do what she's best at - bossing. She plays ranged combat, so she doesn't die as easily, and also has easy access to damage in the form of Siege and Gungnir. Siege does stupid amounts of damage (almost 20k% damage with Nature's Force on all volleys and Empowered traits, all hits), has a net cost of 200MP, 5 second CD and also works off Arrow Mastery (chance to fire an arrow that ignores defence) and Vibe Shot (chance of double hit). Because of the way procs work in this game in that, if you proc an effect, it applies to every hit you deal in that short time window rather than just one hit, usually that effect (be it Arrow Mastery proc or Vibe Shot) will proc for the rest of the volley that you've fired, resulting in damage that exceeds some of current Hyper Actives. Gungnir will deal about 22k% unconditionally, plus deal more if the target is wider as they take more hits, and it's a skill that you can just fire off and then it'll do it's work for you, leaving you free to do anything else (such as using Siege). Not only does she pack damage, but she can boost it further with Stigma Shot (targets will take additional damage and more additional Critical damage) which can aid her allies, and she can freeze bosses in place with Freezing Arrow. Her main weakness is that she cannot clear as fast as other classes, but one of her upsides is being able to keep up MP as she has good natural MP gain and doesn't rely much on consumables.

NB: Regarded as one of the best PvE classes in the game with most likely the highest overall score, NB has the ability to both clear and boss efficiently without much difficulty. Eschaton is an easy, reliable horizontal clearing skill that has almost 3 platforms of vertical range with Gigantic, and also does good amounts of damage as well, and most of NB's other skills such as Twilight Judgement and Magdonic Cannon also have AoE to them, which helps her cleanup (not to mention Spectral Spear has some homing damage). Shadow Bolt does around 16k% damage with all hits and the level 90 passive Noblesse Oblige, and also is on a 13 CD, which carries her DPS (alongside her other skills, of course). Even in the burst category, she has Rain of Chaos, which does roughly 26k% damage on medium sized targets, even more when the target is wider. While she has a bit more reliance on consumables, she will definitely not disappoint provided you know how to manage her properly.

BM: Also has more reliance on consumables, but otherwise is solid in both clearing and bossing. Shockwaves are his main tool that can function well in both bossing and clearing situations, Shootup Genocide and Power Assault are some other skills he can use for bossing, Armour Crash allows him to ignore defence, and he also has access to double buffs, which boosts his damage by 46% (though these take MP to put up). Bloody Accel provides him healing as well, which is a plus for his survivability.

CR: Like GA, she shines most in bossing, sporting insane DPS with her combos (Revolver shots) alone, which is higher than the DPS of any of her skills provided you don't build any specific damage build towards them. While she's definitely weak in clearing (even more so than GA), she shines especially in bossing (or anything tanky).
    Wait, so does MP capacity increase or does it stay in 300MP?

•