Ruben Villager
    Jul 2017

Unhappy strong or OP gear needed

i've been playing elsword without worrying about wut gear i used. but since i get to a higher level, the equipment i've been using that i get from quest armor and weapon cube or dropped weapon or armor now make me feel the importance of the gear lol. my DiE really lacks damage even with my 300 mp skill. for instance, my neutron bomb can only kill mobs with full hp, energy bomb + skill trait, can only damage up to half of mobs hp, sometimes damage up to 9/10 hp if critical. With the lack of damage i have, now i can only rely on 1 skill, that's moonlight rhapsody lol. the debuff make the mobs weaker and easier to atk.

can someone tell me wut gear i should use on certain lv. so the gear wil match up with my current lv or maybe wut gear in certain dungeon map ? weak gear just make my DiE looks really weak when i party up with other player FYI : my current lv is 77

(ヽยดω`)
    Mar 2011
    piglet my guy
    Moving thread to Add subsection as you're more likely to get better answers there.

Market thread || Code of Conduct || avi by Y0na

Elder Citizen
    Mar 2016
    I suggest you get the secret dungeon set first. You craft them with the medals you earned from daily secret dungeon quest from blacksmiths. For DiE, a good secret dungeon set would be dragonic-fear. DiE is naturally very weak and if you have weak gears then he will be much more weaker but you can try to compensate his lack of damage through stats like maximize and critical. Your weapon should be also around +8 so that you can see some noticeable damage increase. Luckily for you, they are giving a +8 amulet for free in the bingo event so you should use that on your secret dungeon weapon. The only problem is the process of getting those since you need to do some secret dungeons and you will need a good party if you want to clear it since im sure it will take you almost 1 hour if you try to solo it.

Ruben Villager
    Jul 2017
    I suggest you get the secret dungeon set first. You craft them with the medals you earned from daily secret dungeon quest from blacksmiths. For DiE, a good secret dungeon set would be dragonic-fear. DiE is naturally very weak and if you have weak gears then he will be much more weaker but you can try to compensate his lack of damage through stats like maximize and critical. Your weapon should be also around +8 so that you can see some noticeable damage increase. Luckily for you, they are giving a +8 amulet for free in the bingo event so you should use that on your secret dungeon weapon. The only problem is the process of getting those since you need to do some secret dungeons and you will need a good party if you want to clear it since im sure it will take you almost 1 hour if you try to solo it.
    secret dungeon is really hard, + more harder with my current stat lol, which npc should i talk to to get the secret dg quest btw ?
    and is there another set besides the secret dungeon set ?

Lanox Oracle
    Dec 2013
    You can either accept the quest from the board or use the quest shortcut (I believe the default is the L key).

As a stepping stone towards the SD set, you can always use armour that you obtain from story quests (and enhance them up to +6 or +7) and a boss drop weapon enhanced up to +7 (or +8, if you haven't used the bingo +8 amulet yet).

If you're looking for an alternative to the SD set, unfortunately, they're the middle ground between the most end-game sets (Void weapon and/or Heroics or Henir) and the regional sets you can obtain from the story quest, so there is currently no equivalent alternative to them.

Elder Citizen
    Mar 2016
    secret dungeon is really hard, + more harder with my current stat lol, which npc should i talk to to get the secret dg quest btw ?
    and is there another set besides the secret dungeon set ?
    That is why i mentioned you will need a good party for it due to your stats and your set. As what skyress said, if you want other stronger gears then they would be much more harder so i suggest getting sd gear even though it is difficult. If you can't find a good party then you can try to mail me in my LP. IGN is in my signature. I assume you are in INT server? I can only help in friday and weekends since that's the only time im free.

Hamel Guardian
    Dec 2013
    闇の世界!? Nah.
    Well....do you still have Hidden Flare set? It's a pretty good set to step into SDs with its stoic proc and mob suppression.

With the solo queue buff, it should be easier than you think with some practice.

Also, grind April fools event dungeon for a lot of pots.

Ruben Villager
    Jul 2017
    That is why i mentioned you will need a good party for it due to your stats and your set. As what skyress said, if you want other stronger gears then they would be much more harder so i suggest getting sd gear even though it is difficult. If you can't find a good party then you can try to mail me in my LP. IGN is in my signature. I assume you are in INT server? I can only help in friday and weekends since that's the only time im free.
    help is really appreciated ! although i'm not sure if i can stay alive till the last boss. and by maximize and critical through stats, do u mean socketing the equpment ?

- - - Updated - - -

Well....do you still have Hidden Flare set? It's a pretty good set to step into SDs with its stoic proc and mob suppression.

With the solo queue buff, it should be easier than you think with some practice.

Also, grind April fools event dungeon for a lot of pots.
    hidden flare sets, you mean the one we get in lanox dungeon ? i only have the lower armor tho. i also need a lot of pots since my add doesnt hv any defense skill besides seal of time. other alternatives besides grinding in april fool events for pots ? i only hv the intermediate hp pots in my inventory '-'

Elder Citizen
    Mar 2016
    help is really appreciated ! although i'm not sure if i can stay alive till the last boss. and by maximize and critical through stats, do u mean socketing the equpment ?

Yes, i meant socketing equipment and no problem if you can't survive the boss. I can solo it.

Hamel Guardian
    Dec 2013
    闇の世界!? Nah.

hidden flare sets, you mean the one we get in lanox dungeon ? i only have the lower armor tho. i also need a lot of pots since my add doesnt hv any defense skill besides seal of time. other alternatives besides grinding in april fool events for pots ? i only hv the intermediate hp pots in my inventory '-'
    Yes, if you finish the first half of the lanox questline, they give the full set to you.

Well, events give out a lot of pots. But April Fools dungeon gives a lot of pots and free costume materials.