Ruben Villager
    Apr 2017

Dreadlord passive ang general questions (pve and pvp)

Can someone explain me the DL passives? Why do my skills have lower cooldown when i attack? Is better oblivion, apollyon or Demonic Cannon for pvp (i have trascendence)? Also wich element? Wich skills should i use in pvp and pve for DL? And wich stats? I'm new so could anyone suggest a set pls?

Sorry for all those questions XD i'm a noob

Elder Citizen
    Jul 2016
    First and foremost tip when playing DL:

Hit them in the back. Dreadlord's Special Active skills deal more damage to enemies from the back.

Second tip is to be familiar with Creeping Terror. (http://elwiki.net/w/Creeping_Terror)

DL's defining feature is his Creeping Terror ability. When you attack an enemy using commands/actives, you place a stack of Creeping Terror on them, for up to 5 stacks. These Creeping Terror stacks will then explode into Burst of Terror when you use a special active on those enemies.

The lower cooldown is because of the Threat of Terror passive. When your activate Burst of Terror your skills cooldowns will decrease.I have this interesting feeling that you already know this.

Oblivion is better for PVP while I heard Apollyon is better for PVE. I can't say anything for Demonic Cannon since my DL hasn't transcended yet.

DL's skills are rather flexible and can be mixed and matched depending on your play style. Here's are four "core" skills that any DL must have in PVE, with the rest being up to the player:

• Supreme Punishment - One of your main clearing tools.
    • Ruinous Impact - Bossing skill. Ignores defense. Also good for clearing grouped-up mobs.
    • Power of Oriax - Panic button. Gives very nice MP gain along with an insane damage reduction.
    • Combination skill of your choice.

For stats, the general rule is to be at least 20% on Attack Speed, Movement Speed, and Jump Speed, then the rest is dumped into Critical and Maximize.

Go for Secret Dungeon sets for now. I'd recommend the Hamel SD set for Dreadlord, since it has good synergy with his skill set. I'm not using Heroics so I'll let someone else explain those.

Elder Citizen
    Jul 2015
    Demonic Cannon is superior to Oblivion in PvE as it has better range while providing similar damage. Oblivion does more damage then Non Darkness Demon Apollyon and does not feed as much as Demonic Cannon which is why you may prefer it in PvP. However I have to actually test Demonic Cannon in PvP.
    It's also a common misconception that Apollyon is superior in PvE. In a party it is way to slow unless you are playing Henir or Heroic Mode and even there party members may push mobs out of range before the second it. However, normally you are using 2 combination skills anyway in case the other one is on cooldown so it doesn't matter.

Some thing often overlooked is, that Power of Oriax also increases back damage of commands. It is actually possible to out DPS all skills of DL with a Raid Weapon (or lots of stuff that can prog) and Ciels XXX when close to the enemy. This is how I got high Raid Damage scores on Eltrion MK2.

Oh and Ruinous Impact was nerfed quite hard. Don't expect anything form it anymore.

Just read the ingame descriptions, they are quite easy to understand actually. Well maybe except Abyss Damage of Lord of Terror, but you are not getting that anyway so don't bother. In fact most later bosses are immune to debuffs o you are not getting Creeping Terror as well!

Ruben Villager
    Apr 2017
    Thanks for all the infos guys, one more question XD somebody told me That Ciel even DL does Magical Damage and not Phisical Damag, is it true?

Elder Citizen
    Jul 2016
    Thanks for all the infos guys, one more question XD somebody told me That Ciel even DL does Magical Damage and not Phisical Damag, is it true?
    Only for his normal bullets. Most of Dreadlord's skills deal Physical damage, even Supreme Punishment.

•