Jan 2014
    Kornelia

Usefulness of Binding Circle in PvE

Title^

/10chars

Elder Citizen
    Apr 2013
    Old Neon Town
    It's... niiiice for bosses and maybe aerial/really active mobs, but it only stops them for two seconds, and I get the feeling it doesn't work on all bosses.
    I never see Aishas take it with them in dungeons either, so I presume it's not particularly useful.

Shelling Guardian
    Oct 2012
    Being compared to waterfall :^(
    little to no use

(ヽยดω`)
    Mar 2011
    piglet my guy
    Blizzard does a better job than binding circle for EM.

But other than that, it's not worth 140mp to stop enemies for a few seconds when you could maybe use that mp to :crossing_swords: the enemies.

Market thread || Code of Conduct || avi by Y0na

Feita Knight
    Mar 2014
    Not really good unless you're desperate for some form of arrest (eg. to buy seconds to react to something or crowd control). Since the mobs unbind once hit, it's typically more effective to put the MP towards skill damage/iframe I would say. Agree with Peper0 that blizzard is superior if you're EM since the freeze is not disrupted.

DW dungeon run with binding circle put in practice if you want.. I was kinda shocked that it worked on the boss tbh. You can judge for yourself if it was worth using, assuming I was even using it properly.
    Spoiler:

Some time ago, if you BC'd a superarmor mob while awakened, the arrest would not be disrupted. I'm not sure if that still applies today though but I wouldn't presume so.

•