Altera Savior
    May 2012
    이건또외알아야되?

Status of the PvP scene (MID 2017)

So the last time I probably played this game (PvP specifically) was around August 2016. But I have been trying my best to keep up with the metagame (or what's left of it) of Elsword. I have been perusing KEls' forums and now I'm curious to know what the western community has to say about PvP nowadays.

Educate me

Hamel Guardian
    Jan 2013
    Gambling
    It's dead. You'll wait a lot of time before finding any decent matches.

Altera Savior
    May 2012
    이건또외알아야되?
    It's dead. You'll wait a lot of time before finding any decent matches.
    Is matchmaking really that dead?

Shelling Guardian
    Oct 2012
    Being compared to waterfall :^(

Sums it all up

Altera Savior
    Jul 2012
    As far as the ranking aspect goes, it's really just done nothing but exacerbate the deranker problem. If you somehow make it to SSS (presumably by being automatically placed there from prelims), maybe every 1 in 10 matches will be against another SSS ranked player. A little over half of your matches will be against hapless players you'll steamroll with no effort, a few lower ranks that are even more automatic wins for you, and then there's the SS ranks you'll run into more than the SSS ranks that are supposed to be in SSS to begin with.

This isn't inherently a problem except that losing to an "SS" ranked deranker will lop off 15-30% of your SSS rank in one match.
    Meanwhile winning against anyone in SS gives you like 0.3% or something insignificant like that. While all lower ranks just flat out give you 0% for winning. Even if you beat every SSS and STAR rank player you come across, losing even half the time to the SS ranked derankers will still result in a massive net loss of rank that's almost as fast as just throwing every match you come across. Each season I've had to quit Arena after encountering these derankers only 3-4 times before I'm one more loss away from dropping back down to SS.

Last season was certainly much more stressful. I'd be lying if I said that crushing low ranks wasn't cathartic. But every league season we've had this pvp season has been nothing but a slow slide down from SSS into SS, forcing myself (and others I'm certain) to abandon Arena for the remainder of the month in order to preserve my rank

Ruben Villager
    Nov 2011
    In your deep fryer.
    Matchmaking is...pretty questionable at the moment. Considering, after a specific amount of time (correct me if I'm wrong) it'll match you with lower ranks, so for example at SS, ran into ranks C-SSS, which results in a lot of matches that give you 0%.

I imagine it'll die out even more after the bingo event is over, since many are just looking for that one epic NPC.

Altera Savior
    May 2012
    이건또외알아야되?
    what the ♥♥♥♥ kog, what are you doing

- - - Updated - - -

Is the extreme variabilty of the ranks you play against due to an error? Or is it because there aren't any players queueing to begin with??

(ヽยดω`)
    Mar 2011
    piglet my guy
    what the ♥♥♥♥ kog, what are you doing

- - - Updated - - -

Is the extreme variabilty of the ranks you play against due to an error? Or is it because there aren't any players queueing to begin with??
    The latter, otherwise queue would be like 5min if ur high rank.

This was their solution to ""revive"" pvp queue but later they learned that it was a bad idea I gues

Market thread || Code of Conduct || avi by Y0na

•