Altera Savior
    Sep 2014
    Hell

how good is the crit trait

is ignoring 50% defense that good in pve or should i just go with heavy instead

i heard mobs just get more hp instead of def in newer dungeons
    this is a general question since im still deciding for other characters but atm im choosing for hf- sweeper

Hamel Guardian
    Dec 2013
    闇の世界!? Nah.
    I think it's good for non-Heroics. Marginally I think. But it helps on Wallybot and Joaquin the Chugger or other Wonderwall/KD mobs.

Ruben Villager
    Sep 2015
    It should be known that in PvE, skills with the Critical trait will ignore the damage reduction of hitting a monster's shield or hitting a monster who has been knocked down. Useful in party play when your team knocks down an enemy and you don't want to wait for it to get up or you already are at max MP and are dying to use something that will deal damage to a KDed mob. Regardless, Critical trait skills see very limited use since the MP cost increase rarely is compensated by the damage increase. To spell it out, if a Critical trait increases the MP cost of a skill by 20%, you'd need to attack an enemy with at least 40% damage reduction from defense just to break even. It's even worse for classes that are already able to bypass a portion of a monster's defense with passives or debuffs.

Maybe in Hell Mode, maybe against Inspector, maybe against Juaquin while he's in his barrier. Situational at best... Or if the other trait is even worse, I guess.

Shelling Guardian
    Oct 2012
    Being compared to waterfall :^(
    I believe most people opt out for heavy rather than critical

Ruben Villager
    Feb 2013
    as long as it reduces damage or add cooldown timer i wouldnt pick it D:

Sander Chieftain
    Oct 2012
    404 Not Found
    The crit attribute overall isn't really that good anymore. If you have a choice between crit and heavy you're usually better off going with heavy as that would result in more damage.

Generally speaking, critical is only really worth it for secret dungeons since that is where mobs actually have a decent enough defense for it to result in a notable dmg increase, tending around 40-50% defense. Most things outside of secrets though only have around 20% defense and are just effectively sandbags, so you get more millage out of raw damage increases than something like critical. Even in the case of secrets outside of luto heavy would still result in higher damage.

Critical wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the mp cost increase, since it usually isn't worth the amount it increases the mp cost by.

One thing to note though is that sometimes if you have a choice between critical or heavy it's sometimes best to pick neither trait. This is usually the case when a skill is used more for utility rather than the damage itself. An example of this is VC where his level 90 passive is tied directly to Ignition Crow - Napalm, so to have faster and easier access to it you go with neither trait.

Lanox Oracle
    Dec 2013
    One thing to note though is that sometimes if you have a choice between critical or heavy it's sometimes best to pick neither trait. This is usually the case when a skill is used more for utility rather than the damage itself. An example of this is VC where his level 90 passive is tied directly to Ignition Crow - Napalm, so to have faster and easier access to it you go with neither trait.
    Or, in this particular instance, Critical would still be viable if you wanted more damage on IC-N and you don't mind the extra MP cost, especially if you had Strength stacking to make IC-N hit decently hard.

Elder Citizen
    Dec 2015
    Late game I usually pick crit trait with no regrets. It's noticeable for SDs, heroics, etc. Sweeper being one of them. Heavy is better while leveling and still a great trait.

Altera Savior
    Sep 2014
    Hell
    thanks @ everyone for replying
    i was leaning towards heavy but i think i'll try crit first since i solod the new dungeon and had a hard time with those huge defensive mobs
    if it makes a difference ill keep it else ill go with heavy

Ruben Villager
    Feb 2016
    Bringing some data for heroics/SDs into the discussion

I would go with heavy tbh, but make your own judgment what you prefer.

•