Velder Noble
    Dec 2013
    no wan knows
    If the only pet guide we have it locked, our pets are done for lol.
    , _ ` So it's ok for other people to post on threads that hadn't had posts in over a month yet it's not okay for me to do it?
    okie
    logic asf

Captain Chung
    Nov 2011
    The Chung subsection
    , _ ` So it's ok for other people to post on threads that hadn't had posts in over a month yet it's not okay for me to do it?
    okie
    logic asf
    The thread was locked, but the OP requested that the thread be unlocked since it is still an active thread. So no, it's still not okay for anyone to necro.

You should probably avoid derailing this since it's a fairly important guide that a lot of people use, so feel free to take it to PMs if you want to discuss it in more detail.

Sander Chieftain
    Oct 2012
    404 Not Found
    okie
    logic asf
    The OP literally asked for the thread to be unlocked so it was unlocked. This is something the OP is allowed to do. This is also a guide. You can't update threads if they're locked, which means if this thread was locked the OP would be unable to update his guide.

Context is important. A good rule of thumb is that guides are generally ok, as the only time people usually post in one is if they have a comment or concern about it, otherwise it's generally reading material. Also please don't derail, the posts here should be about the guide and questions, comments, concerns, etc. about the guide, not about phorums rules and what you can or can't do.

Velder Noble
    Oct 2012
    There hadn't been this much activity in the thread since ages ago. It makes me a little happy. Feedback and suggestions are always welcome. I'm still working on an update at an incredibly and mortifying snail pace....

Velder Noble
    Dec 2013
    no wan knows
    [
    Sensible – will make your pet attack when owner deals major damage to mobs. Also, major damage dealt to owner will make the pet attack. Unlike its counterpart, impulsive, sensible pets are less likely to use their mana on emoticons, choosing to attack instead. The skill “Encouragement” (also known as cheer) is affected by this personality. A sensible pet will cheer for its owner after he/she deals minor damage to a mob but it will also cheer if minor damage was dealt to the owner; please refer to Pet Guide for more info on Encouragement.
    I thought encouragement only worked if the owner was attacked? Since when could pets heal their owners when their owners attacked mobs? o.o

Section 3: How it works, Do’s, Don’ts & tips

How it works
    [*] Starting at 39% hunger you begin to lose affinity, you’re safe until 40%, and it takes time to make your pet starve to that point. The quickest way to starve your pet is to party up with 3 others in fields and go on a killing spree, though the latter could end up taking longer since it is not guaranteed that randoms will stick around for that long; ask friends!. If you do manage to get 3 people to grind with you and you don't care to farm for field boxes, then ruben/elder fields are the best choices to drain & gain hunger/affinity.
    —[*]The quickest way to lose affinity will cost you some ED. When making a QPL jelly you have a fixed chance to make a Fantastic QPL jelly that when fed to your pet increases its affinity by 2%, and Strange QPL Jelly which will lower your pet’s affinity by 5%; both of these jellies still replenish the hunger meter. You need 20 Strange QPL Jellies to make your pet’s affinity drop all the way down to 0 without effort. This will cut down greatly on the time you will spend working on your pet but again, you will have to spend some extra ED.
    You can use those strange el tree seeds from guild weekly honor quests to lower affinity as well right?

Starve-feed Cycle Explained
    The answer is simple. You must do a starve-feed cycle. This basically consist of depleting your pet's hunger meter down to 39%, where you will begin to lose affinity, and subsequently drain it all the way down to zero; the lower the hunger meter percentage is, the faster you lose affinity. You can deplete your pet's hunger meter by running dungeons (henir, 7-3 & 7-6 recommended) or by killing mobs in fields; ruben fields are ideal for quickest results but I personally prefer to kill mobs in sander fields to farm field boss boxes.

Once your pet's hunger and affinity meter are at 0%, you log out; regardless of what change inducing method you use.
    Would running Ruben dungeons or fields be faster? And which dungeon/field would be the most cost efficient (lowest amount of time spent per 1% loss in affinity)? Or is there another dungeon/field in another region that would be better for lowering affinity if I don't care too much about field boss cubes/exp etc?
    If I got my pet's affinity down to 0%, raising it back up by 4% without relogging/resummoning, my pet would not gain any shy points, correct?

Things to Watch out for
    In Regards to Affinity Meter:

This is NOT 0% affinity:
    -------------------------------------------------------------

This IS 0% affinity:

Example of Accurate Affinity Percentage Achieved:

This is NOT 70% affinity:

This IS 70% affinity:

NOTE: The above pictures aim to help people see where they should stand as far as clearly depleting their pet's affinity and hunger, or where exactly x% is on the affinity bar; in this case 70% is used as an example. Please do take note of this so you don't go slightly above your next required percentage interval.
    How can you tell if the percentage is exact outside of the 0%/70% lines though? i.e. How would I be able to know if affinity is at 5% or 5.5%?

Velder Noble
    Oct 2012
    I thought encouragement only worked if the owner was attacked? Since when could pets heal their owners when their owners attacked mobs? o.o
    It's been that way since i first began working on this guide. I don't think the activation requirement has changed.

You can use those strange el tree seeds from guild weekly honor quests to lower affinity as well right?
    Those work yes. I personally try to farm them whenever i'm not in need of a profession exp medal.

Would running Ruben dungeons or fields be faster? And which dungeon/field would be the most cost efficient (lowest amount of time spent per 1% loss in affinity)? Or is there another dungeon/field in another region that would be better for lowering affinity if I don't care too much about field boss cubes/exp etc?
    If I got my pet's affinity down to 0%, raising it back up by 4% without relogging/resummoning, my pet would not gain any shy points, correct?
    If you don't care to farm boss cubes or exp you can definitely hop on ruben fields, and any other early stage field for that matter, to diminish your pet's affinity & hunger rate quickly. Keep in mind that the more people you have in your party, the quicker it'll be to lower both of your pet's meters; a party member's kill counts towards your pet's gain/loss of affinity, and hunger.

Re-logging or summoning are the two ways to apply change to a pet's personality. If we go by the example you presented then no, your pet won't gain shy points. I prefer to use 4% + re-summong method to train my pets. The latter method still works to this day. Other's prefer to use 5% instead of 4, while others prefer to use re-log method.

How can you tell if the percentage is exact outside of the 0%/70% lines though? i.e. How would I be able to know if affinity is at 5% or 5.5%?
    Since the meter bar does not show decimals you have to eyeball this one, which is why it's important to keep an eye on your pet's affinity meter as you train/re-train them back to 100% affinity. What i do is whenever i'm 1% away from completing my interval (interval goal: 4%; i'm at 3%) i keep my pet's stat window open. As i kill mobs i keep an eye on the meter, and as soon as it rises to 4% I re-summon my pet.

Hope these answers help clarify your questions \o

Elder Citizen
    Aug 2015
    deep in the woods in my big treehouse with my wife and dog and 4 cats
    i remember using this guide when it first came out and it was really helpful
    since i returned from hiatus i got lazy with my pet, but i'll be using this again to get my miho into top shape !

Ruben Villager
    Sep 2016
    Canada
    Great guide here! I recently bought a Hoya and I wanted to raise it good. But I don't have a lot of time to stay on Elsword. Will it affect the personality if I feed it and then log out?

Hamel Guardian
    Mar 2011
    Canada, Ontario, Markham
    if you want to know the tiers on pet [based on -100/-100 since I have 6 -100/-100 [pets]
    This are the supreme pets

Pets that can do almost anything but has a 1-2 flaw

Pets that are useful for most situation but loses out on certain things

Pets that are nice to have around if you need additional stats or if you want to just have it

These pets are very situational...

i wanted to place uniring in SS but because some classes are not able to get insane MP gain.

Velder Noble
    Dec 2013
    no wan knows
    It's been that way since i first began working on this guide. I don't think the activation requirement has changed.
    Ah I guess I don't pay enough attention because I've never seen anyone's pet heal them while the player attacked mobs ^^

Those work yes. I personally try to farm them whenever i'm not in need of a profession exp medal.
    Thanks for the confirmation!

If you don't care to farm boss cubes or exp you can definitely hop on ruben fields, and any other early stage field for that matter, to diminish your pet's affinity & hunger rate quickly. Keep in mind that the more people you have in your party, the quicker it'll be to lower both of your pet's meters; a party member's kill counts towards your pet's gain/loss of affinity, and hunger.
    So fields>dungeons for pet personality right?
    Re-logging or summoning are the two ways to apply change to a pet's personality. If we go by the example you presented then no, your pet won't gain shy points. I prefer to use 4% + re-summong method to train my pets. The latter method still works to this day. Other's prefer to use 5% instead of 4, while others prefer to use re-log method.
    Thanks for the clarification ^^

Since the meter bar does not show decimals you have to eyeball this one, which is why it's important to keep an eye on your pet's affinity meter as you train/re-train them back to 100% affinity. What i do is whenever i'm 1% away from completing my interval (interval goal: 4%; i'm at 3%) i keep my pet's stat window open. As i kill mobs i keep an eye on the meter, and as soon as it rises to 4% I re-summon my pet.
    Ah alright, I see
    Hope these answers help clarify your questions \o
    Thank you very much, you did ; v ; sorry for the late reply q q;;

Great guide here! I recently bought a Hoya and I wanted to raise it good. But I don't have a lot of time to stay on Elsword. Will it affect the personality if I feed it and then log out?
    As long as you don’t kill anything while your pet is out, you should be fine.
    ^I think you'll be fine as long as you don't kill mobs--

•