Feita Knight
    Mar 2011
    my question, mentioned in the actual guide thread but that got buried.

say your pet has no need of being fed upon logging in for the day because it has over 70% hunger rate.
    you start grinding in fields to increase the affinity. however, after gaining around 3% affinity towards the first interval, your pet, being on auto-feed, eats a jelly, thus gaining the daily 2% affinity bonus. That brings your affinity to 5%.

my question is, does that mean I will need to start all over from scratch and increase the interval by 5? so, will I need to log out/relog at 10% interval? Or, since I already have 3% affinity counted towards the interval, I can just increase 2% more? so log out at 7%?

please clarify this. thanks.

Velder Noble
    Oct 2012
    since I already have 3% affinity counted towards the interval, I can just increase 2% more? so log out at 7%?
    This is the correct answer. Remember the 2% affinity from first feed does not count. Personally, I would suggest you take the time to feed your pet as needed. I wouldn't leave it on auto-feed.

Feita Knight
    Mar 2011
    ah alright. thanks~

Feita Knight
    Jun 2013
    Never Lucky Land
    I'm compiling some internal data, but I'd figure I'd ask you a few things about yours:

1) Do you run a dungeon for inducing the change? Or is simply hitting the interval in field good enough and logging out? (My friend insists a dungeon run is required)

2) My data trends to say that either I'm edging the line too close on the right affinity interval or it's not a .5 change each and every time. It typically takes me 3 attempts for it to change.

3) The effect of unsummon vs logout. I've been testing unsummon but the results are inconclusive as I was also testing 4% intervals which seems to work sometimes. I did get a shy point using the unsummon, but it took more attempts than usual. I suppose later on I'll try unsummon again when I find the best interval. [4% seems to work because my tree knight is still sociable, I've noticed once you actually break into shy the interval needs to be larger(?).]

4) Have you tested the effects of fantastic jellies yet?

I really wish the grid would just show the decimal value, would take a lot of guesswork out of this.

Velder Noble
    Oct 2012
    I will answer your questions once I get back from college moose! Hold that thought.

@everyone: Already compiled the videos and edited them, all I need is to add new pics and the data and we have our update! It will most likely be released sometime tomorrow.

Velder Noble
    Oct 2012
    11/2/2013 pet guide update list:

- replaced "name your pet" broken image with a working one.

- added video which includes results of 3% interval testing

- added video which includes results of 4% interval testing

- updated info of the guide based on results of recently done intervals testing.

- added Section 4 to the guide "Things to watch out for & Word on Decimals"

Velder Noble
    Oct 2012
    11/4/2013 pet guide minor update list:

- added "how it works" sub section & video courtesy of Funyarinpa.

- Edited chapter 2 information to reflect new information recently confirmed.

Velder Noble
    Oct 2012
    bump for science!

Velder Noble
    Oct 2012
    Bump for science! added pic of new pet tester and its personality grid!

Ruben Villager
    Sep 2013
    Sorry for the late reply guys:

@waterlily & ruisu1507: There are 2 ways to raise your pet, in fields and in dungeons. Field grinding is faster in my opinion, if you have a full party.

PS: update to come soon. compiling all data.
    Thanks for answer, about fairy pet are there differente intervals for that pet? or are the same as the others?

Greetings~

•